Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did. I'm still not sure if I want this or the EB version.

My choice would be this one even if I hadn't ruled out buying 1:4 scale superhero/comicbook genre characters. The EB one still looks wonky-legged to me and IMO doesn't have much character in the sculpt.

My choice would be this one even if I hadn't ruled out buying 1:4 scale superhero/comicbook genre characters. The EB one still looks wonky-legged to me and IMO doesn't have much character in the sculpt.

It's really bad timing imo. Although the EB version has released a little while ago, the DX11 is right around the corner. I do have this on PO though.

Don't cry, you OWN the Enterbay Battle Damaged T-800.

:) :wink1:

Seeing the dot matrix effect this seems like it should be a 200 dollar figure, not 275. I'm still buying it, and I'm going to enjoy displaying it, but I will probably wait to see OMG pics again before buying another DX.

Here's the best example of what we're talking about when we say "print" and not hand painted,

8363940604_893c636531_b.jpg

Print pattern aside, it's blatantly obvious that the runny makeup under his eyes isn't hand-painted. For ****'s sake, it's even a different shade than the black makeup above it. It looks like decals. That's bad.

The coat sucks so bad. :pfft:

Maybe we can get Kato to makes us a replacement? :pray:

:monkey3

The coat sucks so bad. :pfft:

Maybe we can get Kato to makes us a replacement? :pray:

:monkey3

I literally woke up today, and from bed looked at the pictures of the new coat then proceeded over to Facebook to message Kato and ask him for his joker coat of which he had one left. I them paid for said coat. All before my teeth were brushed. :lecture:

I think this looks great. Admittedly not as nice as the prototype, but still awesome never the less. Just checked out the Hot Toys fb page to see everyones thoughs on there and there's some major hate going on there towards some of the members on this board. :pfft:

I think this looks great. Admittedly not as nice as the prototype, but still awesome never the less. Just checked out the Hot Toys fb page to see everyones thoughs on there and there's some major hate going on there towards some of the members on this board. :pfft:

there always is on the FB page. they really don't like lots of folks over here...wonder why :rolleyes:

Because God-forbid you say something negative about Hot Toys! :horror

there's some major hate going on there towards some of the members on this board. :pfft:

:rotfl

There always is. It's always the same little *****es. Complaining about the complainers having no lives. :lol

Curiosity got the better of me so I went and had a check at what was being said..... :lol

In OMG's close ups of the face there is a subtle dot pattern around the hairline and some of the red smile makeup. In this pic you can see it between the temple and hair. Dot matrix or silkscreen? Dunno. But not hand painted.

JokerHD313-2_zps80b93a69.jpg

How are people 100% sure this is not hand painted, to me it looks like the effect you get when applying white face paint using a sponge. I have seen this effect beforewhen doing fancy dress myself and there are dots on Ledger also in the film see the pic

joker-dark-knight-face-i2.jpg

might be best to click the link and make it larger. Notice the forehead, cheeks and below the corner of mouth, it has a similar effect, granted there is more makeup on in this scene and changes throughout the film where it can be quite patchy. Looks authentic to me

To me the pers was the deciding factor for me when choosing between the dx11 and EB 1/4 scale joker. I think the joker benefits from the ability to move the eyes exponentially more than other characters.

How are people 100% sure this is not hand painted, to me it looks like the effect you get when applying white face paint using a sponge. I have seen this effect beforewhen doing fancy dress myself and there are dots on Ledger also in the film see the pic

You can see it here:

yup that, i actually think perhaps OMG softened the pattern on some of his pics, no offence to him doing that, his macro shots show up things you wouldn't normally see. But this is the strongest dot pattern I;ve seen on a regular figure. Avatar Jake had some of it, but only on the the pattern/strips.
this.jpg

Here's the best example of what we're talking about when we say "print" and not hand painted,

8363940604_893c636531_b.jpg

I don't think it's going to be bothersome in person because of the scale. But the paint is definitely printed on.

Last edited:
Back