Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you'll notice that in person. Trust me.

And that's not the only point. These are advertised and sold (in the specs and announcements) as being hand painted. I think that's the gripe people have.

Well, it's not hand painted if a computer and tiny pixels are doing it for them. It's not nitpicking, they're NOT hand painted like they say. Not air brushed, not hand done, not anything like that. We all know these are mass produced, that's fine, but you can literally see the paint details being done by computer technology.

Say that, don't label them as hand painted.

Agreed

It's very clear

Here's the best example of what we're talking about when we say "print" and not hand painted,

8363940604_893c636531_b.jpg

yup that, i actually think perhaps OMG softened the pattern on some of his pics, no offence to him doing that, his macro shots show up things you wouldn't normally see. But this is the strongest dot pattern I;ve seen on a regular figure. Avatar Jake had some of it, but only on the the pattern/strips.
this.jpg

Last edited:
That face looks terrible close up.

Hopefully wont be too noticeable in hand.

Shame really, I was thinking this figure was near perfect. Pre ordered the exclusive too. Will still look forward to it, with a hint of apprehension.

Last edited:
well all joking aside (pardon the pun), I have the Jake Sully Avatar figure and the dot matrix really looks awful on inspection, i hope this is a lot finer than that, if it's not visible without a macro lens I don't really care, but if it's like Sully, I won't be too happy.

well there's nothing wrong with pointing something out. obsessing over it or flaming hot toys and everyone else within a 5 mile radius, now that would be silly.

i would have never seen the dots without the pictures. i don't really care that they are there either, but it's interesting to think about the process.

Back