Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see doing that for intricate designs and logos like the above, but just white face paint?

unless its for fades. Sure would make the production more consistant. :dunno

Im sure most of the base color is hand painted/shot. Same with the hair. Its a base paint with a rub out Im sure. Then maybe some dry brushing.

I also have considered some complex screen printing, but that seems like a massive hassle.

Decals using that softening solution seems to be the most practical way.

Where is this 'conversation'? I need some entertainment for the last few hours of my work day. :lol

Where are the comments? Can't find them? If there is real *****ing aimed at me I know it's one of 2 people.
:lol

Me too...

bicboi_zpsc01c4d6c.jpg

Hahahaha, that David Shaw guy has issues.

And as far as the figure, the Bank Robber sculpt is still the best, and I'm more interested in Bane.

Did you really think Ht & Eb painted every single head by hand for real..? and maybe the eyes too? :lol
:slap:slap:rotfl:rotfl:medic
sorry guys not offence but this is too hilarious...

if you go to the album where HT put all the blogger pics, he rants like 2-3 times about you (Rory) and DiFab. The funny thing is, he's talking all this mess on FB like he's some big shot, yet he hasn't said anything here (from what I can tell)...and now that I said that, i'll probably be the next victim :lol But it seems like he's a member here but either doesn't post here or at least doesn't post like he does on FB

That's a member here all right, jesus he has a razor blade up his ***.
He knows I'm irish, the rest well it's obviously jealous vitriol. BurgerKing doesn't pay enough to get all his Hot Toys.
I have a pretty good idea who it is as well. I've only ever had a run in with 2 people on these boards, and thats over the course of several years. I dunno, feels kinda crude almost "pixely".

I feel kinda honoured.

:lol

Did you really think Ht & Eb painted every single head by hand for real..? and maybe the eyes too? :lol
:slap:slap:rotfl:rotfl:medic
sorry guys not offence but this is too hilarious...
Apart from the eyes, I believe Enterbay still do Shadow.

I suppose some (or perhaps most) aspects of the head sculpts are still hand painted, so HT can get by with a technicality.

specs said:
The 1/6th scale The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight (2008) movie

- Approximately 31 cm tall

- Two (2) interchangeable head sculpts, including one (1) smiling face and one (1) non-smiling face, with non-smiling face with patented Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)

- TrueType body with over 35 points of articulation and upper body with more closed to humans’ features

- Detailed hair sculptures

- Highly detailed make-up, gesture and wrinkles

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:

a look at how it was done a while back...again i like this figure and im not trying to beat a dead horse, but i do enjoy discussing the hobby henceforth me posting on this forum.

HT-GF-2.jpg

HT-GF-1.jpg

HT-GF-3.jpg

a look at how it was done a while back...again i like this figure and im not trying to beat a dead horse, but i do enjoy discussing the hobby henceforth me posting on this forum.

HT-GF-2.jpg

HT-GF-1.jpg

HT-GF-3.jpg

Nah even back then HT's (and all others) used a stencil like cover to paint all head sculpts. The pics you see are the finishing touches :)

:lol:lol:lol:lol...
maybe airbrush...MAYBE...but not hand painted ;)

either way you're still doing it by hand :dunno just using a different kind of brush. EB even showed a pic when their first 1:4 was being produced, the guy airbrushing all the heads. it's still being physically done by someone with talent in painting, and not a computer

Nah even back then HT's (and all others) used a stencil like cover to paint all head sculpts. The pics you see are the finishing touches :)

Definitely, but it was done by hand....maybe due to higher production numbers majority of the paint apps are now being printed and the finishing touches are done by hand...maybe not though, either way they should be upfront about it, or just stop making it a bullet point in the specs. Again I think it's a beautiful figure, the screen printing isn't changing my mind on buying it or not, I just enjoy discussing it with my fellow freaks.

HT-GF-3.jpg

maybe eons ago there were almost hand painted... but not now..all the head are painted with airbrush (MAYBE by not a human ;)) and the eyes are decals for sure...

either way you're still doing it by hand :dunno just using a different kind of brush. EB even showed a pic when their first 1:4 was being produced, the guy airbrushing all the heads. it's still being physically done by someone with talent in painting, and not a computer

maybe for the pics used there was a human to paint for ;)

Definitely, but it was done by hand....maybe due to higher production numbers majority of the paint apps are now being printed and the finishing touches are done by hand...maybe not though, either way they should be upfront about it, or just stop making it a bullet point in the specs. Again I think it's a beautiful figure, the screen printing isn't changing my mind on buying it or not, I just enjoy discussing it with my fellow freaks.

Indeed. Forsure. I was just saying, what they do is spray the entire sculpt with skin tone and use a stencil to either paint or spray the eyes, eyebrows, lips, etc, etc. Then they hand touch up any imperfections and missed details. I'm sure the current DX11 also had hands on detail touch ups but it looks as though they're using a different method altogether nowadays.

Back