Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And?

Are these guys members here or do they just lurk?

I imagine the main protagonist is just a lurker, to say he got out of bed the wrong side this morning would be an understatement :slap :lol

Most of his sentences weren't even coherent :cuckoo: :lol

This whole printed on paint apps thing is more disappointing the more photos I look at. The days of taking realistic closeups may be coming to an end. I hope the printer wasn't low on paint when they printed my figure. Do we call these figures or prints now?

Show this image at full size, since it's more clear when not being reduced by the forum.

jokercd.jpg

Im sure this is long discussed but they have been printing the details for a long time. I think its a great idea to keep things constant. I first notice with Abe Sapian. Then looking at the original Mark 1, you can see the same thing. Im positive all the eyes are printed.

:lol

That "David Shaw" from facebook told Rorywan to suck my ****.

I feel honored! I don't even have a facebook and all I said was the coat looked like felt and had paint that was printed on.

No. Study the difference between a one of Rorywan's nice hand painted custom one sixth figures and the paints on this figure.

2-66.jpg

Now look at the furows of the brow, the area between the chin and lower lip. There's a stiple pattern that's not jpeg artifacting.
JokerHD1030_zps1bd5fe00.jpg

I'm still going to enjoy the figure, but accept it for what it is. It is not hand painted.

Even if this is a new technique, I ceased thinking of Hot Toys as hand painted long ago.

Might be worth seeing some more up close pictures as people start getting this figure in hand under different lighting etc. Atm I'm on the fence regarding the print issue. Regardless still looks like an awesome figure, I missed all the other joker releases. Going to give it a few weeks for the in hand shots to start rolling.

That "David Shaw" from facebook told Rorywan to suck my ****.

I feel honored! I don't even have a facebook and all I said was the coat looked like felt and had paint that was printed on.

Really? :lol

Why me (again)? What did I do now?:dunno

I didn't like the last time I had to suck your *****, and I know I won't like it again.

I don't know, but I think this is definitely someone from the boards. They've obviously been in here deep with their personal comments about you.

All over a doll that's not even being blasted or hated on. Pretty pathetic. :lol

Where is this 'conversation'? I need some entertainment for the last few hours of my work day. :lol

I don't know, but I think this is definitely someone from the boards. They've obviously been in here deep with their personal comments about you

All over a doll that's not even being blasted or hated on. Pretty pathetic. :lol

Where are the comments? Can't find them? If there is real *****ing aimed at me I know it's one of 2 people.

Where is this 'conversation'? I need some entertainment for the last few hours of my work day. :lol
Me too...

The paint issue might be more troublesome when it comes to a 1:4 scale figure, on 1:6, not really that noticeable. Definitely not a deciding factor on buying this or not.

Here are some examples from older figures using the same techniques. It is hit or miss from what I've seen. Some one said the Jake figure had it and I have two and neither have it.

I personally think its ok and like anything has good ones and bad ones. Just another thing Hot Toys does that makes me want to know more about their production techniques.

These are obvious choices where printing would help but never thought it would go into faces like that.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Where are the comments? Can't find them? If there is real *****ing aimed at me I know it's one of 2 people.

Me too...

go to the hot toys facebook page, it's under the comments for the new joker pictures

Me too...

if you go to the album where HT put all the blogger pics, he rants like 2-3 times about you (Rory) and DiFab. The funny thing is, he's talking all this mess on FB like he's some big shot, yet he hasn't said anything here (from what I can tell)...and now that I said that, i'll probably be the next victim :lol But it seems like he's a member here but either doesn't post here or at least doesn't post like he does on FB

I can see doing that for intricate designs and logos like the above, but just white face paint?

Back