Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people like it because of the material...that's all.
Oh and the granade rig....people LOVE that look. :lol It doesnt look that bad.
People always "hate-on" the older figures just because the new ones look a bit better. :dunno

This one doesn't look a "bit better" it looks drastically better imo. I hate the Dx-01, it looks like a cartoon version of Heath ledger.

Ummm....

Bingo-trollface.jpg

:hi5: :exactly:

This one doesn't look a "bit better" it looks drastically better imo. I hate the Dx-01, it looks like a cartoon version of Heath ledger.

I still like it :lol The new one does look a lot better. I love the shoes...cant believe I just said that :rotfl Still, I don't like the material/fabric.
I'm beginning to think the MATERIAL from the V1 Joker's coat looks better:rotfl It looks more natural like the EB coat

So, how's the coat material in hand? Does it look as furry as it does in macro shots?

He answered that a few posts following his pics:

the coat is fine..its not as oversize as i thought, certainly not like a bath robe! but i guess it could be more fitted..as for the "dot" paint apps, you won't even notice it in person.

I haven't followed this thread very closely, but do some folks really think the DX-01 one is better? It seemed clunky and ill-tailored to me when I had it in-hand, but it has been awhile.

Dx11 is far far superior. I never cared for the dx01, even when everyone was all excited about it. I passed on it. As someone else said, I thought it looked cartoonish.
The only thing thing people are comparing closely is the coat.

Dx11 overall is a major home run for hot toys. I think overwhelmingly people are happy with what they see.
Is it perfect? No.
Just 2 things, the paint job which upon close up, there's pixelation due to the paint printing process and the material used on the coat.

The pixelation most likely wont even matter as it probably won't be even noticeable unless you stick your face close to the figure.
The coat is well made, tailoring is fine, but it may come to personal preference due to the thickness and the fluffiness of the coat's material.

Overwhelmingly, dx11 is a much much better figure.

Can't wait to have all those together!

What pants do you have on your bane?
i think is the version that Elvis kindly mentioned on his Bane. will need bleaching and repaint. but is accurate cargo pants with the baggy look .i bought in a shop but was hard to hunt down.:lol i also swap the body to the spare T800 body

Some day, when DX Joker 3.0 comes out, we'll all look back at this one as the one that almost got it right.

Imma sucker though, I'll still buy it, even have it on order. No denying that it's a better version than the DX 01 but I'd still say it's slight. I remember when we all had the V1 Joker with regular Bank Robber headsculpt. We modded the undercoat a bit and did some minor tweaking and were happy.

At that time I had that same feeling of, "oh man, this is great, this is TDK Joker", until the DX 01 came out and our perceptions changed, just like we're doing with this.

It'll just keep happening and happening with each new version that comes out.

I still don't see how people can think that texture is actually good on that coat though. How does that not bother the optimists? It's about the fluffiest thing I've seen in 1/6 scale and with ANY Joker. It ain't right and it's certainly not accurate. I can just imagine how cheap that's going to feel too. The dust and fuzz it picks up will be nuts.

Dx11 is far far superior. I never cared for the dx01, even when everyone was all excited about it. I passed on it. As someone else said, I thought it looked cartoonish.
The only thing thing people are comparing closely is the coat.

Overwhelmingly, dx11 is a much much better figure.

Cartoonish? I don't get why people "hate" this little guy :cuckoo:
Looks good,imo. Even the coat look good here :dunno

How does that not bother the optimists? It's about the fluffiest thing I've seen in 1/6 scale and with ANY Joker. It ain't right and it's certainly not accurate. I can just imagine how cheap that's going to feel too. The dust and fuzz it picks up will be nuts.

it's going to be fine.

Cartoonish? I don't get why people "hate" this little guy :cuckoo:
Looks good,imo. Even the coat look good here :dunno

Because it's outdated and old.

It's the nature of the hobby, that's just how it is.

Give the DX 11 some time and age a bit, everyone will question it's quality in no time, even if the possible, "next one" is only a light improvement.

Because it's outdated and old.

It's the nature of the hobby, that's just how it is.

Give the DX 11 some time and age a bit, everyone will question it's quality in no time, even if the possible, "next one" is only a light improvement.

While that is mostly true about this hobby, ive hated the Dx01 from the beginning. :lol It isn't nearly as good as the Bank robber joker headsculpts or the dx 2.0.

Because Kato used the bathrobe material, and apparently HT didn't want to change a thing from what he used including leaving the jacket grey and not blue and leaving out the suspenders :slap

Enterbay actually got the jacket pretty close. Unfortunately it's 1:4 scale.

I guess there's always Joker 3.0 :monkey3

Back