HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

We worked on only 2 superhero pictures so far, at least I have. Our next one, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming out next year in April. We also worked on the Jason Statham movie Homefront which is out now in theaters. Be sure to check them out! Sorry for the cheap plugs, haha!

That's awesome! So you actually saw batman in person! Lol you should know what's accurate and what not. And of course cap, did you get to watch Winter soldier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

We worked on only 2 superhero pictures so far, at least I have. Our next one, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming out next year in April. We also worked on the Jason Statham movie Homefront which is out now in theaters. Be sure to check them out! Sorry for the cheap plugs, haha!

That is very awesome!

Great gig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks! I have chatted with Christian with the costume on and without, he is very nice in person. The DX12 face is just off, something about the eyes and mouth. In my opinion, I think the DX02 looks slightly better but it is not perfect either, but something about the head isn't right. The suit is absolutely brilliant however. But in person, he really looks amazing. First time I saw him, I'm swear I said out loud, "Oh my god, it's Batman!" Very surreal!

I have not seen any footage of Winter Soldier, only what everyone else saw, so I'm definitely curious. They send us an invitation to early screenings and premieres I think, like they did with The Dark Knight Rises, but other than that, we are just like fanboys waiting to see anything new and to spot ourselves! I do know certain things that happen in relation to the story, but I am under contract not to say anything. I also have a picture of our stunt team with Chris Evans in costume and it is brilliant, but I am not allowed to share that yet either since our costumes are potentially "spoilers", but once I can, I will definitely post them for sure.

Cheers! :wink1:

Haha, thanks! I have chatted with Christian with the costume on and without, he is very nice in person. The DX12 face is just off, something about the eyes and mouth. In my opinion, I think the DX02 looks slightly better but it is not perfect either, but something about the head isn't right. The suit is absolutely brilliant however. But in person, he really looks amazing. First time I saw him, I'm swear I said out loud, "Oh my god, it's Batman!" Very surreal!

I have not seen any footage of Winter Soldier, only what everyone else saw, so I'm definitely curious. They send us an invitation to early screenings and premieres I think, like they did with The Dark Knight Rises, but other than that, we are just like fanboys waiting to see anything new and to spot ourselves! I do know certain things that happen in relation to the story, but I am under contract not to say anything. I also have a picture of our stunt team with Chris Evans in costume and it is brilliant, but I am not allowed to share that yet either since our costumes are potentially "spoilers", but once I can, I will definitely post them for sure.

thats so cool!
well, could i ask you something?
since you saw christian in person, would you say that the dx12 bruce wayne head sculpt is accurate?
does it resemble christian bale?
how good is the sculpt compared to him?

Wow, Awesome stuff man.
Please share us some pictures when they have allowed you to.

I've worked on the DKR myself but I'm on the VFX team. I wish I could visit the set :(.

Stunt man doesn't get enough credit in the movie. Thank you for your work buddy :rock.

How have you not bashed a figure of yourself in mercenary gear to stand next to HT Bane? That is the first thing I would have done.

Wow! Ok...I officially want to be you lol

Thanks, mate! We hold tryouts about every year I think, and we have training programs as well. Even on off days when not filming any projects, we do gym training exercises, some gymnastics, free running, parkour, sparring and fight training, etc. in addition to driving stunts, falling stunts, etc.

thats so cool!
well, could i ask you something?
since you saw christian in person, would you say that the dx12 bruce wayne head sculpt is accurate?
does it resemble christian bale?
how good is the sculpt compared to him?

Only from some angles, usually around 3/4 angles, I think you can see Christian, but from the front, something seems off, something about the spacing of the eyes perhaps. The QS001 has the best likeness, it's very similar to the DX12 except it's larger so there's more opportunity to work with depth of his facial features.

Wow, Awesome stuff man.
Please share us some pictures when they have allowed you to.

I've worked on the DKR myself but I'm on the VFX team. I wish I could visit the set :(.

Stunt man doesn't get enough credit in the movie. Thank you for your work buddy :rock.

Thank YOU as well, mate! We are all a team, and Nolan was really great in emphasizing that, and how important ever gear of the machine is to completing a successful project. :hi5:
What kind of VFX did you work on for the film? That sounds like fun too!

How have you not bashed a figure of yourself in mercenary gear to stand next to HT Bane? That is the first thing I would have done.

Haha, that is a really cool idea. I'm not particularly good at finding clothing that works, but that could be a future project! I had 2-3 different costumes overall since I played more than one character, but the mercenary is my favorite. Come to think of it, it's not too hard to do as it was somewhat similar to Bane's "winter" garments in the final battle. I can recall wearing the same thing both during the 32 C weather in Pittsburgh and then below 0 C in New York! :gah:

Just took this out in the snow. Trying to get the Dark Knight Rises affect

Stock cowl. With custom face plate. Found it on ebay.

Thank YOU as well, mate! We are all a team, and Nolan was really great in emphasizing that, and how important ever gear of the machine is to completing a successful project. :hi5:
What kind of VFX did you work on for the film? That sounds like fun too!

I did the camera matchmove. Glad to be part of the team :hi5:.

thanks man...
ive been dying to ask that to some one who actually have seen bale in person...!
yeah i get the same feeling from the front...
althought, there are 2 tings that ive lerned from that sculpt...
1) depending on the lighting, the sculpt can look either wonderful or very wrong... actually with some decent ilumination, it can look like bale, good enough...
and
2) i havent been able to find a pic taken from the final product that looks like the ones taken from the prototype... YET, if you look at the sculpt in hand, with the pics from the prototype next to it; it looks pretty good, i would even say indentical! again it depends on the ilumination, and the camara...
well... anyway, thanks!

I did the camera matchmove. Glad to be part of the team :hi5:.

Cool! What is that exactly? Does that have something to do with making the Bat look like it's flying during the chase? I've heard of it before but I'm not very familiar. I studied some animation and was thinking about going into that should I retire or get a serious injury.

Cool! What is that exactly? Does that have something to do with making the Bat look like it's flying during the chase? I've heard of it before but I'm not very familiar. I studied some animation and was thinking about going into that should I retire or get a serious injury.

Well, that is considered to be the first stage of the whole VFX Pipeline. Basically my job is to replicate the real camera movement on the set into the computer, so that when they put other elements such as fake explosions, digi double, set extensions and whole other CG elements, it will look seamless.

Ok guys im not a sculpter but just wanted to know what u think about my modified DX12 Bruce its still in the early stages
picture.php

picture.php
hey, deathstar, what happed to your modified bruce?
your workmin progress looked amazing...
any updates on how it looks now?

:dunno
Well, that is considered to be the first stage of the whole VFX Pipeline. Basically my job is to replicate the real camera movement on the set into the computer, so that when they put other elements such as fake explosions, digi double, set extensions and whole other CG elements, it will look seamless.

Wow, that sounds really cool! You guys deserve just as much credit if not more. The CGI and VFX work on the film was excellent! :clap:yess:

Back