HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Wow. A straw man argument. Impressive. :rolleyes2

Joker v1 didn't look like Heath Ledger as the Joker. I could tell that instantly, I didn't need a picture reference.

The cowl on these suits look just like the real thing. You can only tell it's different when you look at a side-by-side picture reference.

well actually, if you look back people thought that one did in fact look like the joker from the movie and were going crazy over how great that one was.

you don't even respond to any of my points. you think it is reasonable for hot toys to not get the cowl perfect when it is their third attempt? you think it is okay for probably the most important part of a figure (the head sculpt) to be "close enough" when they are charging over $250?

it may look the same to you, but for some of us (especially those with the medicom version), the cowl looks off. especially for the 1/4 version. i would expect higher standards for someone who is "from Gothan City".

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The gap between the armor and chest is bugging me in that picture, but I'm getting this one to display on the Batpod, so it won't be noticeable hopefully.

The DX12 looks way better than their QS one though.

959_batman.jpg

Now is this a shot of the 1/6th figure or the 1/4th?

I look at any of the figures, it looks like ****ing Batman. From the Batman movies.

I don't pose my figures side-by-side with movie screenshots, so when they're on my shelves, I can't tell the difference between the figures and the real thing. And I call shenanigans on anyone who claims otherwise - the only reason anybody complains about **** like the cowl shape is because they're taking their figures and comparing them to all kinds of screenshots.

That's not the point of a toy.

They're LOOKING for things to complain about, and if they didn't look for such things, they honestly wouldn't know any better.

:slap:slap:slap

I can tell from every single pic ever shown of this figure that the cowl is off WITHOUT referring to any screen shots.

And i'm definitely NOT the only one :lecture

So just because you might be OK with it as it is, doesn't mean everyone should be.

Jesus. Anybody who complains about the cowl shape on ANY of these figures is over the top.

That's a pretty stupid statement dont you think? So if this figure's cowl was just a round motorcycle helmet painted black, it would matter? :cuckoo:

That's a pretty stupid statement dont you think? So if this figure's cowl was just a round motorcycle helmet painted black, it would matter? :cuckoo:

:lol Nah, I think he's just saying he's happy with all the cowls he's seen to date.

While I'm glad there are folks like Void and others who are intimately familiar with the costume designs of these characters, and can spot a sculpting error or poor proportion from ten yards away through squinted eyes in the dark, I'm pretty much blind as a bat with this stuff and don't see an error - until it has been pointed out.

So I see the movie once or twice, see the proto pics and think, gee that's pretty cool. And then I come into these threads and read about how this is wrong, that's not quite right, this isn't up to scratch - and here are the comparison pics to prove it - and I'm left feeling a bit bummed at seeing what I was, up til that point, oblivious to.

I don't let it affect my enjoyment of the figure though, otherwise I'd keep out of these threads. And I do enjoy reading about the passion of well-informed and knowledgeable collectors.

You bastards :lol

Last edited:

:lol:lol:lol

I wish everyone on the forum had your attitude about it, flamewars would be cut by about 80%.

Don't get me started on T2 Arnie a-dev :lol

The gap between the armor and chest is bugging me in that picture, but I'm getting this one to display on the Batpod, so it won't be noticeable hopefully.

It's moveable. Don't fret.

YAY...my first post.....

I am so excited for the DX 12 Dark Knight..i missed out on the previous models and actually never knew Hot Toys existed. I had just found out about Hot Toys and this forum about a month ago. Once i found out, went to eBay and the prices were through the roof. I bought two because i want one unmasked...

and I love this forum..

Althought I welcome the articulation of the new suit, I STILL think the DX02 suit "looks" nicer. Again - not commenting on screen accuracy and yes, I agree with the fact that DX02 scores an F on articulation.

This new photo with the fabric makes the suit look like its stiched up (in a bad way) with cheap rubber / plastic on some cheap fabric.

Again - not saying I can do any better, and again, understand that this is still the best Nolan Rises batman currently available.

Man...one can't put enough disclaimers without risking getting flamed or picked apart...

Man...one can't put enough disclaimers without risking getting flamed or picked apart...

Thats why I have a permanent disclaimer in my sig, of course it doesn't head off everything.

Althought I welcome the articulation of the new suit, I STILL think the DX02 suit "looks" nicer. Again - not commenting on screen accuracy and yes, I agree with the fact that DX02 scores an F on articulation.

This new photo with the fabric makes the suit look like its stiched up (in a bad way) with cheap rubber / plastic on some cheap fabric.

Again - not saying I can do any better, and again, understand that this is still the best Nolan Rises batman currently available.

How dare you think such thoughts :lol

Back