HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Jesus. Anybody who complains about the cowl shape on ANY of these figures is over the top.

lol the cowl is one part that should be right. would you accept it if the head sculpt on another figure was off every release? go compare the cowl from medicom or the custom medicom cowls to the one from hot toys starting with their mms71 batman. it makes a tremendous difference. look at enterbay's 1/4 batman. it looks great compared to the hot toys 1/4 attempt.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Generally anything CollegeHumor makes is awesome :wink1: They also made 3 Batman Animation videos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FywMOuMqNuI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t0lQn5Q

And the last one so far (hasn't been uploaded to YouTube yet so here it is on their website):

https://www.collegehumor.com/video/6817857/the-dark-knight-meets-the-avengers

They got tonnes of funny series :)

Poor Bats. Its hard being ordinary! :lol

Jesus. Anybody who complains about the cowl shape on ANY of these figures is over the top.
tumblr_m5xfqhq5iN1rz5gsno1_500.gif

959_batman.jpg

:goodpost: I was like, "Why does the 1/4 scale Bats suddenly not look goofy...oh wait!" :monkey4 :clap

Thanks for posting this man.

My friends who are are at the SGTCC right now say that the actual figures (though they're still protos) look better than in pictures.

I just hope that HT would see to it that the armor plates (for both DX 12 and QS001) would be attached to the fabric undersuit REALLY WELL, while also making a few revisions on other concerns.

Why won't they futz it so it doesn't have that massive gap between chest piece and abs??? I really hope it is possible as it looks plain wrong as it is.

My friends who are are at the SGTCC right now say that the actual figures (though they're still protos) look better than in pictures.

I really hope that is the case, I need a DK version of Batman in my collection but so far I'm not feeling either new version compared to how the body of the DX02 looked :(

I've just been reading that the DX11 Joker has been delayed. What about the DX12 Batman, is that still on schedule for December?

SSquid

If past hot toys releases are anything to go by, I expect at least a month delay.

lol the cowl is one part that should be right. would you accept it if the head sculpt on another figure was off every release? go compare the cowl from medicom or the custom medicom cowls to the one from hot toys starting with their mms71 batman. it makes a tremendous difference. look at enterbay's 1/4 batman. it looks great compared to the hot toys 1/4 attempt.

I look at any of the figures, it looks like ****ing Batman. From the Batman movies.

I don't pose my figures side-by-side with movie screenshots, so when they're on my shelves, I can't tell the difference between the figures and the real thing. And I call shenanigans on anyone who claims otherwise - the only reason anybody complains about **** like the cowl shape is because they're taking their figures and comparing them to all kinds of screenshots.

That's not the point of a toy.

They're LOOKING for things to complain about, and if they didn't look for such things, they honestly wouldn't know any better.

I look at any of the figures, it looks like ****ing Batman. From the Batman movies.

I don't pose my figures side-by-side with movie screenshots, so when they're on my shelves, I can't tell the difference between the figures and the real thing. And I call shenanigans on anyone who claims otherwise - the only reason anybody complains about **** like the cowl shape is because they're taking their figures and comparing them to all kinds of screenshots.

They're LOOKING for things to complain about, and if they didn't look for such things, they honestly wouldn't know any better.

I think it varies from person to person. Some people dont really mind how the cowl (and mouth and eyes) look as long as you can tell that its Batman whereas others are picky and want perfection for the money they are paying. And tbh you cant really blame either side :dunno

What I have noticed though is that when it comes to customs people praise them no matter the flaws, whereas they complain mercilessly when it comes to official figures

:exactly: Too true my friend, nobody who comes to my house says what a piece of crap that looks nothing like Chris Evans, they say damn that looks just like Captain America. It is nearly impossible to get things exact, heck some movie makers screw it up them selves with things changing from scene to scene. So as long as it isn't something ridiculously apparent most imperfections don't bother me.

None of these figures hold up when compared side by side to the actual source material and I expect that and am fine with that. However, I have no problem with people picking apart the protos for accuracy either. Their demands have an impact toward HT making more detailed and realistic collectibles.

lol i guess you would be okay with the first version release of the joker MMS68. what you say would makes sense in some cases, but not in this case when the product you are buying costs over $250 to get to your doorstep. maybe you just have looser standards when forking over your money, but i do expect the head sculpts to at least be near perfect when a company is charging that much and is on its 3rd attempt. seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to refine the cowl.

Thanks for posting this man.

I just hope that HT would see to it that the armor plates (for both DX 12 and QS001) would be attached to the fabric undersuit REALLY WELL, while also making a few revisions on other concerns.

Looks pretty awesome to me

You speak as if you're talking about $10 Hasbro toys..
That's not the point of a $200 toy.

With that being said, I think DX12 cowl is good enough,
but they have to fix that 1/4 Cowl.

Eh, it all comes down to how you want to spend your money, no one is breaking your arm to spend that $250 on a figure that is only 99% perfect :dunno

lol i guess you would be okay with the first version release of the joker MMS68.

Wow. A straw man argument. Impressive. :rolleyes2

Joker v1 didn't look like Heath Ledger as the Joker. I could tell that instantly, I didn't need a picture reference.

The cowl on these suits look just like the real thing. You can only tell it's different when you look at a side-by-side picture reference.

Back