HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've spent some time over the weekend reading the roller coaster reaction swings on this guy and I get some of nit picks, (cowl, eyes, mouths) but despite all of that, I still think this is best, 1:6 mass produced TDK suit Batman ever made, straight out of the box. Barring any widespread QC disasters, I think most will enjoy displaying this guy and am confident once more in-hand pics start rolling in, positive opinion will grow.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've spent some time over the weekend reading the roller coaster reaction swings on this guy and I get some of nit picks, (cowl, eyes, mouths) but despite all of that, I still think this is best, 1:6 mass produced TDK suit Batman ever made, straight out of the box. Barring any widespread QC disasters, I think most will enjoy displaying this guy and am confident once more in-hand pics start rolling in, positive opinion will grow.

Yeah, good posting there Pennyworth. :good post:
It is the best 1:6 TDK Batman produced by HT, it's just that, for me, the cowl/mouthplate likeness is the most important thing about a figure and it is almost non existent, but the suit (minus a few flaws) I like.
And I agree, once there are more in-hand photo's available, this figure will start to look better and better.

So, for opinion sake, why do the eyes seem to look so much better on the Keaton figure than on the DX02 or 12?...Is it the shape of the eyes...or the eye color...You hardly see any white on his eyes compared to these two...I almost wish you could swap the eyeballs from Keaton to the 12 figure, just to see how it would look...

Matt

I see that that the chest symbol is clearly asymmetrical and I think that's pretty lame if I had to judge... but I just don't care that much.

tumblr_mbjjtih6d91ri84vmo1_400.gif

:lol

i don't want to be the party pooper, as I see that there are many here who are liking the figure and the more you see of him, the more you like it. but for me, it's somehow the opposite. the more i see of the figure, the more i dislike it.

as for the headsculpts, i don't have to say a word anymore.
but i really liked the body from the beginning, when they showed the proto, when they showed it at those cons, and when they showed also their final pics. don't get me wrong, it's still superb, but i don't like that undersuit of the figure. it's a cool idea and it gives you an illusion of that mesh-suit, but it looks too big. especially on the arms, it looks even more like a pullover then a tight body suit.

DSC_0611_9600cc.jpg

DSC_0612_9601cc.jpg

i know that if it has been tight, it wouldn't be that poseable like now, but still it looks just weird.

and the abs-area bothers me a lot, that there is such a big gap between the chest and the suit. and as umair said, even with futzing it alright, there is still that gap, as those kevlar parts from the side won't let the chest piece move more lower, as they're higher positioned.

Looks great in those pics. :)

Some stuffs to watch out for:

550413_10151263056859283_343234125_n.jpg

550903_10151263057009283_1537134253_n.jpg

308051_10151263057254283_267190303_n.jpg

35488_10151263065029283_205029519_n.jpg

credit: toysdaily

:horror Cod piece crooked and falling off.

Even though HT's has obviously had QC issues in the past I love how no one questions the possibility of the owner damaging the suit.

I do. And some of these early shots seem to have very slight variation in pupil size. Thats all it takes for a figure to look goofy. Went through exactly the same thing with Enterbay's horrendous GOD head. A fraction of a millimetre smaller makes the thing look natural, and IMO some of these heads have slightly larger pupils, I'm not judging it by color or flash or focus, I'm look at the actual scale of the pupil against the shape of the eye. It also seems like these larger pupil heads are the ones with the wonky cross eyes. So maybe there was a batch switch or fix made by HT.
Which IS a last minute thing they can do because they are separately manufactured elements.

Mine should be here in a day or two, I bet I get wonky eyes for all my negative posts about this thing.
:lol

Are you sure you mean pupil? That's the little black part at the center of your eye. It gets bigger and smaller as it reacts to light and has no effect on how big your eyes look.

Do you mean iris?

:rotfl

He looks down right silly right here...

I've pics of this figure looking badass and then this...

:lol Dude, that is bad.

Bad posing. Terrible cape futzing.

It's far from a "massive fail" in many areas brother. It's nitpicking the most minuscule details. Overall the figure is boss, there's nothing comparable (stock)to it on the market.

Looking over this thread is hilarious.

I'm thnking may be a good idea to use a waist hugger clamp stand instead of the issued crotch holder stand thinking that it may damage the cod piece over time..just a idea so doesnt get messed up anytime later........

I'm thnking may be a good idea to use a waist hugger clamp stand instead of the issued crotch holder stand thinking that it may damage the cod piece over time..just a idea so doesnt get messed up anytime later........

Waist hugger could mess up the abdomen armor. Pick where you want the problems. I honestly don't fear that his stand will cause the damage.

Yeah, and his right shoulder sits lower than his left.. Total manufacturing error.

/joke.

The hell are you guys smoking?

On a side note, pers looks EXCELLENT there.

at least this.... is out of....

^ stuff like that is really a non issue for me and I don't see a crooked or off centre bat symbol either.

IDK, I can clearly see the right wing angling down, instead of being symmetrical.

431642_10152160994985591_971896201_n.jpg

Lol @ people freaking about peeling. The minor peel on the crotch is (ridiculously) easily fixable. Every HT/EB/whatever fig comes with glue issues.

I would use fabric glue.

I use Aleene's.

Thanks, that's actually the kind I have! :hi5:

Specificaly this stuff:

0001775428070_500X500.jpg

That will work?

:lecture

Also, love the sig!

jokercinemagraphresize.gif

:rock

So, for opinion sake, why do the eyes seem to look so much better on the Keaton figure than on the DX02 or 12?...Is it the shape of the eyes...or the eye color...You hardly see any white on his eyes compared to these two...I almost wish you could swap the eyeballs from Keaton to the 12 figure, just to see how it would look...

Matt

My opinion is that it's all about the shape of the cowl. Keaton's cowl just works better with PERS.

The Bale cowl has that intensely furrowed brow that causes a lot of shadowing and just gets in the way of the eyes at an angle - which makes them look wonky.

That said, I do think some figures have crossed eyes (see OMG's).

IDK, I can clearly see the right wing angling down, instead of being symmetrical.

431642_10152160994985591_971896201_n.jpg

I don't think the symbol itself is crooked. Rather, I think it's too far to his right (our left):

chest.jpg

Either that or the lines in the chest kevlar (which I highlighted in blue) are in different spots.

BatmanHD0_zpsfd05c3cb.jpg

Either way, it is irritating...

Holey rubbers batman, catwoman is pregnant!

oh and your chest emblem may be crooked? Half us of can't even tell. Not to mention half of the pictures in questions have you tilted to your left.

Back