HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

LOL this is an outrage, the suit is peeling, the heads looks like something Mattel would make, his legs are too short, good lord those goofy eyes ....................... but yeah i'm still getting it.

:slap

What a weird section.

Hey, nitpick all you want (I'm not *****ing about the *****ing) but don't come off so hypocritical at the same time Batfans. :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Thanks man!

Yeah, these figures, no matter how well crafted and expensive they are, would definitely have QC issues like anything man-made. And while some may not have them now, I'm prepared to see them overtime no matter the care you give the item.

I clicked your sig. You're a very talented artist. Great to have you here, bro :)

LOL this is an outrage, the suit is peeling, the heads looks like something Mattel would make, his legs are too short, good lord those goofy eyes ....................... but yeah i'm still getting it.

:slap

What a weird section.

Hey, nitpick all you want (I'm not *****ing about the *****ing) but don't come off so hypocritical at the same time Batfans. :lol

It's a massive fail in many aspects

But I'm still getting 3

To mod the **** out of em :lecture

It's far from a "massive fail" in many areas brother. It's nitpicking the most minuscule details. Overall the figure is boss, there's nothing comparable (stock)to it on the market.

As for the armor peeling, you all should know by now to never buy from the first wave :lol

It's a massive fail in many aspects

But I'm still getting 3

To mod the **** out of em :lecture

Massive? Isn't that a bit dramatic? Yeah, it could have been a bit better, but also in a number of respects, this is another good evolution of HT figure making with how they've made the suit. It is what it is, and I'll be happy to add it to my collection.

I really don't like this figure that much, mainly because i don't see Bale in it at all.

But it's almost all about the mouth i think, P.E.R.S. aren't that bad.

Quick photoshop work with DX02 Mouth on:

40084310152155392600032.jpg

comparisonk.jpg

And looks better to me. Not 100% dead on, but more Bale.

500x1000px-LL-3bb12bcb_20120715_KNIGHT-slide-D2OQ-articleLarge.jpeg

Last edited:

I love all these horrid flash shots for comparison. Why not use a couple of OMG's crazy good pics? Even human beings look ridiculous when you use flash in a picture :D

To me it's a massive fail when the cowl is still not a patch on customs that have been out there for 4 yrs (modded medi)

it's a massive fail when they took one if the defining features of Bales eyes in this suit - the squinted panther look where you can barely see them behind the cowl, and made them into huge doll eyes

And I've said enough about the goofy smile and the ridiculous teeth sculpt

:peace:

There's been nothing but problems with the rubber body figures. I cannot stress enough, how glad I am they went this route with the figure. Peeling panels, even if true, are like a minor annoyance compared to the colossal and terminal issue of deteriorating and aging/cracking rubber. This figure might actually look and function nearly as well as it does when you get it, 15-20 years from now.

That or the fabric parts will be flapping around like shredded paper. I think the key to preservation is limiting any stressed poses. And even then if Hot Toys used shoddy glue to seal the fabric down, it'll still peel eventually

I love all these horrid flash shots for comparison. Why not use a couple of OMG's crazy good pics? Even human beings look ridiculous when you use flash in a picture :D

OMGs pics are the best of the DX12 you will most likely see. Most of the other pictures represent better what you'll be holding in your hands when you get it. I dunno about others but I prefer to know what this will look like when I take it out of the box

It's far from a "massive fail" in many areas brother. It's nitpicking the most minuscule details. Overall the figure is boss, there's nothing comparable (stock)to it on the market.

As for the armor peeling, you all should know by now to never buy from the first wave :lol

:exactly::goodpost:

OMGs pics are the best of the DX12 you will most likely see. Most of the other pictures represent better what you'll be holding in your hands when you get it. I dunno about others but I prefer to know what this will look like when I take it out of the box

I disagree. My figure won't look poorly futzed and washed out in hand. Now don't get me wrong, if my suit is peeling I'll be plenty pissed. :wink1:

Most photos look bad. Like mentioned. You won't see your figure in flash and at macro scale with lens distortion.

If the sculpt is a mess there's no photo that will bring you Bale.

On the aspect of peeling, OMG said they felt secure on the undersuit, and he posed his a lot with no problems. I say that guy just got a bad figure.

I don't cope well under flash.

at least this.... is out of....

^ stuff like that is really a non issue for me and I don't see a crooked or off centre bat symbol either.

To me it's a massive fail when the cowl is still not a patch on customs that have been out there for 4 yrs (modded medi)

it's a massive fail when they took one if the defining features of Bales eyes in this suit - the squinted panther look where you can barely see them behind the cowl, and made them into huge doll eyes

And I've said enough about the goofy smile and the ridiculous teeth sculpt

:peace:

:exactly: :goodpost:

Back