HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I would use fabric glue.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Looks like a futzing issue to me. Pull one pant leg up more. You can see on the bootless pic that the owner didn't even out his pants.

Lol @ people freaking about peeling. The minor peel on the crotch is (ridiculously) easily fixable. Every HT/EB/whatever fig comes with glue issues.

Bat Symbol being crooked is annoying though. The DX02 wasn't crooked.

I'm one of those people who are worried about the plates prematurely peeling out of the "mesh" undersuit. I'm new to this hobby, and I just got into spending big bucks for each figure so excuse me if I "freak" out. And what could be (ridiculously) easily fixable for the experienced collector could be a tough nut to crack for the uninitiated. :dunno

But I'm happy that my first few figures have not a single glue issue, so they're exempted from "every HT/EB/whatever fig" for now. I know things like this happen overtime, but I'm just sad that things like this happen this early. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Any particular brand or warnings about glue eating through the fabric?

Cheers!

If fabric glue eats through the fabric I don't think it would have the right to call itself fabric glue, so you will be safe to use any well known brand

I use Aleene's.

I'm one of those people who are worried about the plates prematurely peeling out of the "mesh" undersuit. I'm new to this hobby, and I just got into spending big bucks for each figure so excuse me if I "freak" out. And what could be (ridiculously) easily fixable for the experienced collector could be a tough nut to crack for the uninitiated. :dunno

But I'm happy that my first few figures have not a single glue issue, so they're exempted from "every HT/EB/whatever fig" for now I know things like this happen overtime, but I'm just sad that things like this happen this early. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Welcome to the hobby, but that's one of the downsides I'm afraid. These things cost a lot of money, but QC issues are not uncommon. Nobody can give any grantees until this figure has been out a couple of years

Welcome to the hobby, but that's one of the downsides I'm afraid. These things cost a lot of money, but QC issues are not uncommon. Nobody can give any grantees until this figure has been out a couple of years

Thanks man!

Yeah, these figures, no matter how well crafted and expensive they are, would definitely have QC issues like anything man-made. And while some may not have them now, I'm prepared to see them overtime no matter the care you give the item.

Thanks man!

Yeah, these figures, no matter how well crafted and expensive they are, would definitely have QC issues like anything man-made. And while some may not have them now, I'm prepared to see them overtime no matter the care you give the item.

:exactly: Very wise words man. :lecture

I know how you feel, this could very well be my first HT aswell, and already, I am petrified to even hold it. :slap

Damn! The glue peeling off already?

Hang on. Those photos look like it could have been like that out of the box. How do we know they just didn't glue it on well on this particular figure, rather than the glue failing?

Hang on. Those photos look like it could have been like that out of the box. How do we know they just didn't glue it on well on this particular figure, rather than the glue failing?

Most likely in this case, it could be just an issue with this particular figure as well I think but seeing the picture only cements for me that with even moderate posing, the parts will begin to peel off in time. I just sold my DX02 to get the DX12 and I'm having some regret honestly. There's a chance that the DX12's body might not even outlast the DX02's all rubber body due to the specific way it was constructed. Like James stated above, now I'm even afraid to hold this figure once I get it.

Most likely in this case, it could be just an issue with this particular figure as well I think but seeing the picture only cements for me that with even moderate posing, the parts will begin to peel off in time. I just sold my DX02 to get the DX12 and I'm having some regret honestly. There's a chance that the DX12's body might not even outlast the DX02's all rubber body due to the specific way it was constructed. Like James stated above, now I'm even afraid to hold this figure once I get it.

Well for me, I'm more optimistic about fabric lasting unlike rubber where there will be breakages and deterioration.

At least I don't mind spending time to re-glue the panels, so that is a plus for me.

Well for me, I'm more optimistic about fabric lasting unlike rubber where there will be breakages and deterioration.

At least I don't mind spending time to re-glue the panels, so that is a plus for me.

Good for you. :hi5:

But we still shouldn't have to glue the figures ourselves. I'd be afraid to do that too. :slap Here's to hoping and praying it's a one off. :pray:

Good for you. :hi5:

But we still shouldn't have to glue the figures ourselves. I'd be afraid to do that too. :slap Here's to hoping and praying it's a one off. :pray:

I can only hope so as well. I've ordered it already so I'm already at the point of no return.

Mines been posted, should be with me in 7-9 days :impatient:

I'm come around to liking it, since seeing the latest pics. and having time to digest them. Though not including a good neutral face plate is still annoying.

So I'm keeping my preorder.

I pretty much saw that problem coming a long time ago. And I dont mind having to reglue if I have to. Much easier to fix than rubber deterioration.

There's been nothing but problems with the rubber body figures. I cannot stress enough, how glad I am they went this route with the figure. Peeling panels, even if true, are like a minor annoyance compared to the colossal and terminal issue of deteriorating and aging/cracking rubber. This figure might actually look and function nearly as well as it does when you get it, 15-20 years from now.

Back