HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

ALthough I'm not a fan of the ab design on this, I haven't seen a single picture where it has "tummy chub". Only the V1 TDK figure had that.

PD1341564354rSn.jpg

PD1341564369QtY.jpg

Thinking on it more, it's only chub in certain pictures. In most, it's more a case of the abs looking too inflexible. You have this high-tech armor plating and the thing was supposedly built with function in mind.

The legs also look too short and chunky. This is fine on Keaton Bats, because his suit design is simple and based on muscle rather than armor plating, so big buff legs and a lack of extreme dynamics are excusable. The TDK suit has this high-tech, ultramodern military vibe to it, which implies sleekness. Unfortunately, that sleekness isn't there. You've got a gorgeously elaborate suit that somehow ends up looking stiff. It's kind of hard to describe, but I think of it as a clash of opposing artistic elements. That's just me and I know I'm alone, so it's cool. Plus it saves me money to splurge on other Batman stuff. Getting ahold of the Burton material will be pricey enough as it is, so I'd rather not tack on an additonal $260.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

^^^ I get it. :duff

Legs are perfect, PERS are perfect, cowl is perfect.

SSF's member's eye's, imperfect.

:lol

Legs are perfect, PERS are perfect, cowl is perfect.

SSF's member's eye's, imperfect.

:lol :lol :lol

I do think it's funny how Blade3327 sees the legs as being too short and about half way back in this thread someone said they looked too long. :lol

Just shows how subjective this stuff is.

I do think it's funny how Blade3327 sees the legs as being too short and about half way back in this thread someone said they looked too long. :lol

Point it, this is the best TDK/R Suit yet. (besides Void's Medx.) I'm truly happy. :lol

If they improve on the imperfections that people have brought up, that's fine with me. If not then NBD either. :D

Legs are perfect.

Cowl is not.

Figure is about 95% right for me. A huge improvement on poor 70% DX02. I'd put the best custom out there (Thrustmasters) at a 90%.

DX12 scores very big on neck, suit construction, gauntlets, belt, boots. Custom Medix wins on cowl and likeness

It could just be the chunk/stiffness/whatever-it-is...

Okay, shutting up now. It's definitely a subjective thing. :monkey3

actually this photo looks really good because the suit looks like its moving with his body. Again, you just cant compare the real suit to these Toys because its not even the same materials plus the human body vs. a toy. its just never going to be anywhere near the same.

But just because the 1/6 is made of different material of the 1:1 does it mean they can't sculpt the cowl exactly the same.

Not rocket science really, don't make the cowl so sharp and angry and the mouths so goofy.

Is that too much to ask for on their 4th attempt.

I'm starting to obsess now over that Medicom head. Dont need the interchangeable mouth plates or PERS. Give me that HS, and I'm happy with everything. I'll be at the WTB board.. ;)

But just because the 1/6 is made of different material of the 1:1 does it mean they can't sculpt the cowl exactly the same.

Not rocket science really, don't make the cowl so sharp and angry and the mouths so goofy.

Amen cat brother

That post was referring to the suit as a whole, though. Which I agree with, I mean it makes perfect sense. When you scale something down, certain things (sometimes visual and often functional) are expected to take a hit. Most people are cool with it, but depending on the design in question, some might not be. It's taste.

I will say the cowl does not fall under that category of issues and it really should look more accurate -- and it can; they and especially other companies have done better jobs in the past.

I think a lot of the cowl issues are with the angle/lighting. Even in the film screenshots it looks a bit different. (May also be due to the actual cowl flexing).

I see a lot of the dx12 cowl in this shot:

Screenshot2012-07-07at93943PM-1.jpg

("over exaggerated" definition)

PD13415643889M0.jpg

How often does hot toys listen to fans and changes things?

IDK Zach, I think that's because the forehead is in shadow.

If you take the custom medi and shadow the forehead, it will also look sharp and angry.

But if you take the 1:1 into full light, it will go back to a more rounded smoother appearance.

The 1/6 even in full light looks like that shadow shot you posted.

Does that make sense. :lol

I'm starting to obsess now over that Medicom head. Dont need the interchangeable mouth plates or PERS. Give me that HS, and I'm happy with everything. I'll be at the WTB board.. ;)

I love my medi (stock). So glad I got this instead of the TDK MMS last year.

The side profile is just almost perfect (besides moobs).

P1000814.jpg

However, I see a lot of the "angry cowl" look at certain angles as well:

P1000206.jpg

P1000204.jpg

P1000203.jpg

If I were you though, I'd wait on getting the Medi. It's an awesome figure but this guy already tops it. It has a lot of body issues (moobs mentioned above, beyonce ass) etc.

HT needs to fix the cowl. This is their third try, it should be the charm. Honestly, the complaints being thrown at this thing are so minimal, I'd be more disappointed in HT for not fixing things like the plate position, kevlar connectors, neck, shoulder pads, and cowl than I would if there some major issues because that shows laziness when they aren't willing to make some minor modifications to live up to their promise to deliver "the most movie accurate Batman yet." Bottom line: Noone's asking them to reinvent the wheel; just to put a little air in the tire.

IDK Zach, I think that's because the forehead is in shadow.

If you take the custom medi and shadow the forehead, it will also look sharp and angry.

But if you take the 1:1 into full light, it will go back to a more rounded smoother appearance.

The 1/6 even in full light looks like that shadow shot you posted.

Does that make sense. :lol

Makes sense Jyecat. :lol

Legs are perfect.

Cowl is not.

Figure is about 95% right for me. A huge improvement on poor 70% DX02. I'd put the best custom out there (Thrustmasters) at a 90%.

DX12 scores very big on neck, suit construction, gauntlets, belt, boots. Custom Medix wins on cowl and likeness

Wow, so with the Medi head on this figure how close does that get it to 100%?

HT needs to fix the cowl. This is their third try, it should be the charm. Honestly, the complaints being thrown at this thing are so minimal, I'd be more disappointed in HT for not fixing things like the plate position, kevlar connectors, neck, shoulder pads, and cowl than I would if there some major issues because that shows laziness when they aren't willing to make some minor modifications to live up to their promise to deliver "the most movie accurate Batman yet." Bottom line: Noone's asking them to reinvent the wheel; just to put a little air in the tire.

....ooooh, almost forgot, they need to fix the bat head on his chest. :lecture

Back