HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Maybe you guys should apply to Hot Toys because apparently you think you know more about sculpting than they do. Calling them lazy, give me a break. For all the toys they put out for us, you call them lazy?

Why do you even buy these figures then or come into these threads?
e440847.gif

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Maybe you guys should apply to Hot Toys because apparently you think you know more about sculpting than they do. Calling them lazy, give me a break. For all the toys they put out for us, you call them lazy?

Why do you even buy these figures then or come into these threads?

I didn't call them lazy, I said to not fix such minor things would be laziness, Void even said that this thing's at 95 percent, why not fix a few tiny issues and push it over the edge?

Wow, so with the Medi head on this figure how close does that get it to 100%?

97-98%

Fix the collar bone Kevlar, the one piece torso armour you pointed out, and the bat symbol head, it'll be 99%

Nothing is 100% so that's going to be a freakin miracle achievement getting it that close. That's the thing for me, it's so close to 99% now, I can taste it :lol

I need it to get there

I didn't call them lazy, I said to not fix such minor things would be laziness, Void even said that this thing's at 95 percent, why not fix a few tiny issues and push it over the edge?

Just a guess, but once you hit 100%, where else can you go but down? Future figures will either be the same or worse, so there's no incentive to buy. Sure, they could fit in more realism with improved sculpting and painting techniques, maybe add a few more accessories, but what's stopping you from just buying those extra parts seperately?

97-98%

Fix the collar bone Kevlar, the one piece torso armour you pointed out, and the bat symbol head, it'll be 99%

Nothing is 100% so that's going to be a freakin miracle achievement getting it that close. That's the thing for me, it's so close to 99% now, I can taste it :lol

I need it to get there

void

my hard earned money thanks you :duff

Afterall, lolcats don't grow on trees, they just climb there.

Actually I'm sure HT has the 3D files
If not, they can just buy a replica cowl and scan it

So to some extent it doesnt make sense that their still sculpting this when the resources are available to scan it

The medi is a cowl scan

No reason HTs shouldn't be too.

Curious, how do you know the medi is a scan of the 1:1 cowl, void??

Just a guess, but once you hit 100%, where else can you go but down? Future figures will either be the same or worse, so there's no incentive to buy. Sure, they could fit in more realism with improved sculpting and painting techniques, maybe add a few more accessories, but what's stopping you from just buying those extra parts seperately?

:goodpost:

Once 100% hits people will love it, for a while. Figure after figure being 100% will become boring for plenty of people without the discussion over how it could be better

Last edited:

Yeah it's a freaking phenomenal figure, which kind of amplifies the little things that are wrong and easily fixable

Well you mentioned laziness, so it bugged me because these people work very hard at what they do. Sorry, didnt mean any offense 2 you.

Its just sculpting is not an exact 100% science. Trying to sculpt something by hand to match something in the real world is extremely difficult thing to do. They get really close a lot of the time. Apparently WB wont give them the 3D files to replicate it so they do things by hand. If they know they need to make some tiny fixes, then great. If not, i personally think this is the best Nolan Batman figure they have done.

No, I understand that completely, but I just think that they'd be doing themselves an injustice by refusing to acknowledge and fix such minor issues. I'm drooling over this figure, and it may very well wind up stealing the top spot in my collection from Superman, but I just think that they can do better, and they should. The fact is that a couple of those nitpicks didn't exist in the inferior DX02, so why should they now?

Back