HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

- It looks nothing like Bale
- the teeth themselves look terrible

funny-dog-with-fake-teeth-dentures.jpg
baby_teeth-13101.jpg
2ekrc7s_axxo_beta.jpg

P6x9z.gif

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Hot toys already had the perfect mouth sculpt for Batman on their new Bruce sculpt and they didn't even know it.

I mean, even it's mouth is slightly open like in the shot on the top right.

yeah definitely. DX02 had a slightly open mouth piece, I wish they could have at least brought that back.

I mean by the look of TDKR trailers most times Batman has his mouth slightly open. Its in TDK (especially during interrogations) where Batman has the angry mouth, they should have had it there.

Hopefully if a battle damaged version is released itll have better mouth pieces

Ordered. Now bring on Catwoman and Bane!

NewPicture-2.jpg
NewPicture2-3.jpg

This is the type of mouth expression I really wanted. When I see him breathing like this through his mouth I feel as if he is tired or perhaps scared to an extent, it gives a proper atmosphere to the figure (and the character in the movie)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting this, I need a Blae Batman. I just want a Batman that looks as good as Thrustmaster's Medix. Void, or Umair, I believe, do you think this is of the same level as his, accuracy wise?

See below...

Voids sleeping right now, dreaming of Nolan things.

:lecture

haha alright, it's strange, I don't know him but I know, his word is always right when it comes to this stuff. I dig the movies, but I can't memorize every piece of wardrobe, that's crazy.

:lol

This kicks that custom's ass. :cool:

That's not cool, I'm sure alot of work went into that. And from the looks of it, it can't get much better than what he has. I'm sure rudness was not your intention, but it came of a lil rude.

Void already said that this is above the MediDx. He said this was at 95% perfection while the MediDx is at 90%.

Yeah, like I said DX12 overall > Medix IMO,
but Medix cowl + face likeness >> DX12.

So if HT doesn't fix it, at least 1 of my 3 figures will get the modded medi cowl :lol

Yep my DX will get the modded Medi cowl :yess:

Does anyone else think, that like once upon a time discussed, that the PERS is actually totally killing the likeness of this figure? I mean, if there was one character it could be condemned against, it seems, to me, this is it. The widened eyeballs for the system totally annihilate the resemblance of the panther eyes Bale has in the cowl, which is needed for that screen accurate look.
Or... just me?

I wish they'd give it a rest once in a while. Especially in a case like this where that nasty intimidating panther squint would give the figure a really badass, screen accurate look to the character.
Call it too scene specific if you must, but to me, throughout the entirety of his presence, when I think of Bale Batman, I think THIS definitive look.
By trying to take too far away from highlighting a single specific moment (and hence the versatility of the figure), I really think Hot Toys have this apparent syndrome of sacrificing realism for fart can 'fun' attributes of some figures. In the same way they kind of fell into the trap of making the Heath Joker look maybe 'too' mean looking with the scowly PERS eyes and brow look.

61021.jpg

NewPicture-2.jpg
NewPicture2-3.jpg

This is the type of mouth expression I really wanted. When I see him breathing like this through his mouth I feel as if he is tired or perhaps scared to an extent, it gives a proper atmosphere to the figure (and the character in the movie)

I agree ,the mood I get from the trailers is batman is spent when fighting bane.I would have loved to see this,the not everyying not yet expression.

Does anyone else think, that like once upon a time discussed, that the PERS is actually totally killing the likeness of this figure? I mean, if there was one character it could be condemned against, it seems, to me, this is it. The widened eyeballs for the system totally annihilate the resemblance of the panther eyes Bale has in the cowl, which is needed for that screen accurate look.
Or... just me?

I wish they'd give it a rest once in a while. Especially in a case like this where that nasty intimidating panther squint would give the figure a really badass, screen accurate look to the character.

Completely agree. Again, just one look at Thrustmaster's Medix pictures confirms it. :lecture

I agree ,the mood I get from the trailers is batman is spent when fighting bane.I would have loved to see this,the not everyying not yet expression.

Yupp:lecture

Ah yes! I love that one, dont know how i missed it. Its a shame really, this expression is the main one (judging by the trailers), dont know why they didnt include it

this is great
i love the new stand!

would love for you to make one :pray:

At first I thought (and I'm sure many others do too) that his one mouth sculpt looked like he was smirking. Now I'm pretty sure that's just supposed his "neutral" face.

It's very similar to these photos.

lv0MB.jpg

12031204cover-ew_400.jpg

leJmv.jpg

61021.jpg

I think people are making a mistake comparing the cowl to what is obviously TDK promo material. Looking at the photos here, the cowl itself looks fine to me. The neck, gloves and gauntlets need to be changed...but they don't really bother me at all.

I think people are making a mistake comparing the cowl to what is obviously TDK promo material. Looking at the photos here, the cowl itself looks fine to me. The neck, gloves and gauntlets need to be changed...but they don't really bother me at all.

The cowl hasn't changed between TDK and TDKR.

The neck has.

how often to does hot toys listen to the fans and will they fix this ?

Back