HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

The problem with the grinning angry teeth mouth is there's too much black/gap between his teeth, makes it look like he's been at the Bertie Bassett's liqorish!

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

As excited as I am that we're getting another dx batman, I too am disappointed. With how Keaton's batman turned out, I was expecting to be floored with this...unfortunately, this isn't the case.

Like the first proto of Thor from avengers, it makes me wonder, did the artist sculpt this from memory??? They got real damn close with the first dx of batman, you'd think it was a no brainier that this one would make us do double, triple takes on whether we're looking at a figure or the actual suit.

HT...this is the last movie from team Nolan...this trilogy is being touted as the greatest trilogy in a longtime...it's imperative you get this line right, especially with this figure. So please, can you have the artist actually look at the source material this time???

The suit is fine. I'm talking about the cowl and mouths btw.

At first I thought (and I'm sure many others do too) that his one mouth sculpt looked like he was smirking. Now I'm pretty sure that's just supposed his "neutral" face.

It's very similar to these photos.

lv0MB.jpg

12031204cover-ew_400.jpg

leJmv.jpg

61021.jpg

Last edited:

You make a good point. I actually think the smiling sculpt looks the most like Bale out of the three. It's just shouldn't be a replacement for a much needed neutral mouth. Keaton Batman had one. The Toy Fair BB had one. This doesn't? lame. Take out the terrible open mouth sculpt if they have to. Does anyone actually like it?

Can someone post a comparison of hot toys protypes v final product and what they fixed?

You make a good point. I actually think the smiling sculpt looks the most like Bale out of the three. It's just shouldn't be a replacement for a much needed neutral mouth. Keaton Batman had one. The Toy Fair BB had one. This doesn't? lame. Take out the terrible open mouth sculpt if they have to. Does anyone actually like it?

I will tell you after i see the movie. There has to be a good reason for it.

I'm planning on just using the angry mouth for the figure. I don't think anyone seriously likes the open mouth sculpt - not sure what Hot Toys was thinking when they decided to include it :lol.

I will tell you after i see the movie. There has to be a good reason for it.

Unless Batman smiles (and it is a smile) throughout the whole movie, there will never be a good reason for not including a real neutral mouth. If we're betting that he makes a smiling or weird teeth-bearing expression more than a neutral one, id gladly take that wager. Neutral mouths work best with the majority of characters because it suits a variety of poses, including a...neutral pose.

I posted this earlier today. Tell me it wouldn't have been a fitting inclusion with this figure:

UaNBK.jpg

I'm planning on just using the angry mouth for the figure. I don't think anyone seriously likes the open mouth sculpt - not sure what Hot Toys was thinking when they decided to include it :lol.

:lol I'll forgive Ht and gladly eat my own words if Batman makes that goofy expression in TDKR.

I don't dislike the angry face, it just doesn't resemble Bale much to me.

That ps looks great. HT should do that instead.

Unless Batman smiles (and it is a smile) throughout the whole movie, there will never be a good reason for not including a real neutral mouth. If we're betting that he makes a smiling or weird teeth-bearing expression more than a neutral one, id gladly take that wager. Neutral mouths work best with the majority of characters because it suits a variety of poses.

I posted this earlier today. Tell me it wouldn't have been a fitting inclusion with this figure:

UaNBK.jpg

No wagers, Hot Toys has already taken all my money! :lol

I agree with you that they should include a neutral expression.

All I am saying is maybe there is a major scene in the movie that he makes that teeth expression that we are not aware of yet.

I really hope HT did not just make it up and has a good reason for including it

Unless Batman smiles (and it is a smile) throughout the whole movie, there will never be a good reason for not including a real neutral mouth. If we're betting that he makes a smiling or weird teeth-bearing expression more than a neutral one, id gladly take that wager. Neutral mouths work best with the majority of characters because it suits a variety of poses, including a...neutral pose.

UaNBK.jpg

:lol I'll forgive Ht and gladly eat my own words if Batman makes that goofy expression in TDKR.

I don't dislike the angry face, it just doesn't resemble Bale much to me.

Although this mod isn't quite bale, this goes to show that the faces they show thus far REALLY alter the look of the cowl itself. The one on the left shows just how off the angry face is.

Technically, it is Bale, or at least, the HT Bale. Plasmid just manipulated the Bruce Wayne head that comes with this release and turned the lower jaw into a faceplate. I do think that the faceplates could be better, I like the concepts, but I believe the execution could be better. This is most apparent in the Snarling/teeth exposed face. I love the concept, and I feel that it would be a perfect fit for the interrogation room, but I do think it needs some fine-tuning, so to speak.

I don't get what is wrong with the teeth expression either? To me it looks like he's exhausted while fighting Bane and he's gasping for air. Put the expression him while in a fighting stance, and have the Bane figure squaring up to him

Also we need a Mod to fix the first pages because the pictures have disappeared.

- It looks nothing like Bale
- the teeth themselves look terrible

Ok, been playing a bit of catch up.
Can someone please post some comparison pics of Thrustmasters custom and the dx12?

Back