HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Which site is this?

Not a site but goodhipped, he's an ebay seller. I've dealt with him a few times and had nothing but problems so I avoid him now. Some people have had good experiences with him though, I just think the way he does business is pretty bad. Each to their own.

On another note, just watching the dark knight rises and realised when he's riding the batpod the bottom layer of his shoulder pads is missing. Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I never noticed it. Wonder if this could be a key to poseability on the pod.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Not a site but goodhipped, he's an ebay seller. I've dealt with him a few times and had nothing but problems so I avoid him now. Some people have had good experiences with him though, I just think the way he does business is pretty bad. Each to their own.

On another note, just watching the dark knight rises and realised when he's riding the batpod the bottom layer of his shoulder pads is missing. Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I never noticed it. Wonder if this could be a key to poseability on the pod.

It isn't missing. Because of the way in which his arms are held up to grip the handlebars, the top shoulder guard has slid over the bottom one, concealing it.

Here's how mine is looking atm.

List of the mods

I replaced the whole pers eye panel with the eye from the Bruce Wayne head.
Robbie mouth piece
Dx02 kevlar bone connector and dx02 shoulder pads
Gloves and Gauntlets mod
Removed the inner padded suit
Medicom boots
Tony Mei cape

P1060475_zps4ad40ae4.jpg

P1060480_zps43a1658f.jpg

P1060485_zps9159a8c7.jpg

P1060488_zps429fa22d.jpg

P1060484_zpse98e1892.jpg

Amazing work elvis1976, did you mod the neck? Did you leave the plug in or take it out?

It isn't missing. Because of the way in which his arms are held up to grip the handlebars, the top shoulder guard has slid over the bottom one, concealing it.

Ahhh, I see. I was looking at it thinking it was just missing. Thought maybe they'd removed it for some reason while riding.
So for the people that have done that mod to separate the two plates, does it help articulation? Or is it just to make it more accurate?

I PO'ed him from Goodshipped at the end of September for £180, just checked and he has him in stock and ready to ship for £270. :horror Extortionate.

I PO'ed him from Goodshipped at the end of September for £180, just checked and he has him in stock and ready to ship for £270. :horror Extortionate.

That is just mental :horror i looked on his ebay just out of curiosity & he has them for $428 or something like that that works out nearly £100 more than what i paid for mine which was £179 & i'd rather wait until Feb than pay £100 more & possible customs charges.
Mind you theres some bloody ridiculous prices already popping up on our UK ebay asking £399 this early on is never a good sign :slap

Yeah it's bad enough when shops hike the prices up like that but at the very least he should be fulfilling his pre order slots first.

Yeah it's bad enough when shops hike the prices up like that but at the very least he should be fulfilling his pre order slots first.

you know wot it is mate, he will have well spent all the older preorder cash he got & wants immediate cash thats why he's selling peoples possible preordered figures 1st on ebay. That really is sly & not reliable service at all. ive so far resisted trying to get stuff from china or asia coz it comes out earlier on ebay think its coz its a well known fact theres tons of fake or counterfeit goods gets made over there & its a long way away to send stuff back thats if it ever gets here that is lol

I wonder if he'll even fill his preorders. From what I am understanding, Hot Toys is done sending them to the states and is now finishing off European orders. Atleast that's what I am gathering from a Sideshow customer service rep.

Wouldn't surprise me if goodshipped's plan is to try and sell as many as possible at the hiked up price for a short period and then fill what he has left with pre-orders. I would put the pressure on him big time on the forums and through ebay about not filling your preorder yet, having item instock at inflated prices from what you preordered.

Thats just my 2 cents anyway.

Hi dudes this is my first post of here!! Love my DX 12, just got Rayon cape from lforigno and the helmet from https://www.facebook.com/kaistudio2012 looks sweet! (the helmet is the same colour as the suit, does not look so on here)

537_C9939.jpg
[/url]
photo sharing[/IMG]

537_C9942.jpg
[/url]
picture hosting[/IMG]

Sometimes i question why bother with the mods when that looks so damn good. I mean i get it..but still, that is the figures best/most realistic look IMO. Just spectacular.

BTW,Welcome to the boards you have a nice camera.

Quick question/poll out there for those who have ventured in all these different mods.

I will finally be getting my bats in wednesday:rock... please hold the applause for the long anticipated wait LOL:impatient:

I am definitely going to do the hand and gauntlet mod, but I am on the fence about the fat suit mod.

What do you all think who have done this fat suit mod, is it really worth the trouble? How much benefit do you get out of it, is it just a matter of less "thunder thighs" or is there a huge difference in posability etc. I have seen somewhere in this thread earlier about someone who gave a pictured step by step tutorial, just a bit lazy to search through 1400+ pages of posts LOL! And very nervous about damage to the suit from removal and reinstallation.

Yeah I've been wondering about the fat suit too if its worth removing? Someone should do a video tutorial I'm such a noob. Lol

Yeah I've been wondering about the fat suit too if its worth removing? Someone should do a video tutorial I'm such a noob. Lol

Someone needs to do a tutorial on that and on how to do the squint mod. I realize how people do it but if I could see it being done and the exact steps, I would be less of a chicken and do it already. :lol

Amazing work elvis1976, did you mod the neck? Did you leave the plug in or take it out?

I agree Elvis, that is the best DX12 I have ever seen! How did you do the BW HS eye mod? Is there a tutorial out there of how to do this and if not, can you make one for all of us? :pray::pray::pray:

I'm not really bothered to do too much to him, but there is one thing, the elbow armor. I hate how it sticks out and plan on cutting it, then gluing it to the fabric undersuit at the elbow joint like it should be. I might mod him down the line but thats the only one that bugs me enough to do something now.

How do I get a Robbie mouth piece?

I agree Elvis, that is the best DX12 I have ever seen! How did you do the BW HS eye mod? Is there a tutorial out there of how to do this and if not, can you make one for all of us? :pray::pray::pray:

From what I hear:

Remove PERS plate from cowl head

Cut out the same shape from the BW head

Paint around the eyes black

Put back the new PERS plate that is made from the BW head.

I'd do this if I wasnt a chicken or had an extra DX12 head to do it on

From what I hear:

Remove PERS plate from cowl head

Cut out the same shape from the BW head

Paint around the eyes black

Put back the new PERS plate that is made from the BW head.

I'd do this if I wasnt a chicken or had an extra DX12 head to do it on

Oh ok. Thanks.

The only thing that gets me is the PERS plate removal. How do most people do that?

is it possible to put a dx02 sonar head on a dx12? sorry if has been asked

Back