HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Wow!!! New Batman!!!!!!!!! I wonder what happens to all the DX02's and MMS71s once this gets released.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

They get adopted by "real collectors" who will love, cherish, and never sell them because people who sell them aren't "real collectors." :lecture

Wow!!! New Batman!!!!!!!!! I wonder what happens to all the DX02's and MMS71s once this gets released.
nothing they will still be worth good money.

I listed my DX02 10 days ago, not knowing that the DX12 would come out a day before my listing ended, and i still got £265 for it

I'm happy cuz i got it a while ago and spent a little over retail on it at the time, i just realised when the DX11 was shown that i have no interest in the dark knight figures, not that there's anything wrong with the joker, i think i'm just more interested in my Marvel stuff

I'll still be keeping Superman though! Classic!

They get adopted by "real collectors" who will love, cherish, and never sell them because people who sell them aren't "real collectors." :lecture

If you're in bind and need money and the only way to get money is to sell some figures how does that make you not a "real collector?"

I know this from experience when my school decided that TAs were no longer needed

If you're in bind and need money and the only way to get money is to sell some figures how does that make you not a "real collector?"

I know this from experience when my school decided that TAs were no longer needed

I was actually being sarcastic and poking fun at some of the goofballs that actually believe in that whole spiel.

I was just about post that i thought you were being sarcastic

And i was right! Go me! Yay!

I was actually being sarcastic and poking fun at some of the goofballs that actually believe in that whole spiel.

Ahh well then nevermind :lol :slap

Sarcasm and jokes are something I still haven't gotten the hang of being able to read on this forum. Only time I understand it is if it's like reeeeeally obvious :lol

You need to use the SarcMark.

iHC0N.png

Ahh well then nevermind :lol :slap

Sarcasm and jokes are something I still haven't gotten the hang of being able to read on this forum. Only time I understand it is if it's like reeeeeally obvious :lol

It's no problem. My message probably would've been better conveyed if I'd also included a :lol or a :slap. The sad part is that I needed to post that at all.

Just posted this in the TDKR movie thread ...

tumblr_m6tw9vZHhp1qexqmio2_500.gif

Found it on SHH. I think the back armor looks reinforced. Looks a lot different than the TDK armor to me. There also looks like an extra piece that goes over the belt and over the tailbone. Spine protection? Maybe it works in concert with the reinforced neck.

Wonder if HT knows about it.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

To my mind there's a big difference in someone forced to liquidate collectibles they would otherwise not sell, as opposed to someone who buys just to flip for profit.

Flippers are scum and I wouldn't urinate in their mouths if they were dying of thirst.

Gipetto, I hope your financial situation improves and you are able to reacquire the items you're now selling.

Selling off an old version to get a new version kinda defeats the purpose of all the excitement, joy, hype, hate, debate and other concern that goes into all of these figures when they go up for order.

The entire DX01 & DX02 thread with all of the happiness and hate is a pointless redundant waste now that people sell that & move onto the new one and no longer have these or care anout them anymore. :dunno

To my mind there's a big difference in someone forced to liquidate collectibles they would otherwise not sell, as opposed to someone who buys just to flip for profit.

Flippers are scum and I wouldn't urinate in their mouths if they were dying of thirst.

Gipetto, I hope your financial situation improves and you are able to reacquire the items you're now selling.

Totolly agree! Flippers=:nono

And thanks man, my situation has improved. Got a new job last month :yess:

I'm currently backtracking getting some figures I sold off. TFA Captain America being one of them. I had a perfect one with no QC issues (unlike some who unfortunately got crooked A on the helmet and crooked stars on the chest) and now I have to hope I get a perfect one again :pray:

Found it on SHH. I think the back armor looks reinforced. Looks a lot different than the TDK armor to me. There also looks like an extra piece that goes over the belt and over the tailbone. Spine protection? Maybe it works in concert with the reinforced neck.

SnakeDoc

Hmmm, I need to see more before I decide either way if there's anything new on the back :)

Selling off an old version to get a new version kinda defeats the purpose of all the excitement, joy, hype, hate, debate and other concern that goes into all of these figures when they go up for order.

The entire DX01 & DX02 thread with all of the happiness and hate is a pointless redundant waste now that people sell that & move onto the new one.

Old gets replaced with new, its the cycle of life :dunno

That's a pretty elitist and judgemental view of things. These companies consistently put out better products that make the others mostly obsolete. Why shouldn't I (or anyone else, for that matter) just sell it and buy the new version?

I hope the cape is made out of heavier meterial so it can hang better. And not that wrinkle ____ they've been using. In the prototype it looks like it hangs well. But you know the final product is subject to change blah blah.

SnakeDoc

=

Hey guys, I've taken stock of the problems that have been found so far with this figure and decided to join the red and yellow outlines party with a rendering of my own. So far, the parts of the figure outlined in RED seem to be what is troubling most of the critics on this board. I've gone ahead and circled in YELLOW some of the parts of the figure with a few notes and arrows pointing to specific areas. I think we can all agree, HT really F'd up and might as well set these alongside the TDKR offerings at Wal-Mart and Target.

dx12.jpg

I think we need a definition for the word flipper.

For me flipper = buys ONLY for monetary reasons, with the express intention to sell for profit.

Colletors who sell old to upgrade to new do not fit into that category

That's a pretty elitist and judgemental view of things. These companies consistently put out better products that make the others mostly obsolete. Why shouldn't I (or anyone else, for that matter) just sell it and buy the new version?

While I don't want to put words in BatProf's mouth, I think he was just talkin about buying to flip and not upgrading. At least that's what I got from it.

If Bane for sure is an MMS release and I buy him then a DX comes out later that looks better, I see no problem with selling off the old one to someone that wants it and using that to help pay for the new DX.

The only things I don't "sell then upgrade" are my transformers b/c well those are worth jack squat if they're open most of the time (which mine are) :lol

Last edited:
Back