HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I think we need a definition for the word flipper.

For me flipper = buys ONLY for monetary reasons, with the express intention to sell for profit.

Colletors who sell old to upgrade to new do not fit into that category

That would be correct.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

For me flipper = buys ONLY for monetary reasons, with the express intention to sell for profit.

Exactly. The epitome of the flipper is that ********* from last year that had his TF Exclusives stacked 8 feet in the air. If you're a collector, and you do have to liquidate, I don't see the problem with making a profit in the meantime. I think it'd be stupid not to, honestly. I am a collector, and this hobby is expensive, so, if I could sell my DX02, and use it to fund both my DX11 and DX12, I'm going to. I just hope that those people aren't being lumped in with the aforementioned *********.

I've actually never been interested in selling earlier versions, even when I get the new and improved figure. I still have the original TDK Batman, DX02, and will get this one. I guess as long as I can find a use for them, I'll hold on to them.

Got me a modded Medi head for this bad boy. :yess:

:goodpost::lecture

I've actually never been interested in selling earlier versions, even when I get the new and improved figure. I still have the original TDK Batman, DX02, and will get this one. I guess as long as I can find a use for them, I'll hold on to them.

I dont like the clutter, I only have one figure to represent the character in my collection. Different strokes. :)

I dont like the clutter, I only have one figure to represent the character in my collection. Different strokes. :)

Yeah. It was fine for awhile, but with so many new releases and re-makes, space is limited.

I think this whole flipper/scalper paranoia thing is out of control in the collector hobby. We all get upset about it, but it's not like it's easy to sell stuff online anymore and make your money back. Ebay/paypal charges such high fees that you have to mark your stuff up 10-15% just to break even. People make bad choices sometimes, they get a figure they think they want and realize they don't. Or maybe they buy a figure and aren't told that it has some very annoying flaws and can't really send it back. So you try to sell it off (while explaining said flaws). People are always assuming things, and bad mouthing people. Just relax, you don't like the secondary prices, don't buy. :dunno

I am keeping the DX02. I'm deciding whether to display it as an "empty" batsuit in a batcave display ...

new-batman-image-and-more-details-on-batcave-in-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

bat-suit-bruce-wayne-snapshot20080504111201.jpg

... which would be sweet if I can find the cabinets.

Either that, or a capeless base-jumping version -- if I can't find one of the cabinets.

SnakeDoc

Well it isnt to say I'll keep amassing a collection of the same look for years to come. But so far with TDK Batman its

1st release goes on the Batpod

DX02 Sonar mode

DX12 Standard Batman

Is somebody here still making Medi-head-shape-mod?
I remember there was a man and I still have my original Medi figure.

*also graz, Snake! :)

So now both you Snake and krec9, lucky bastards! :lol

Yeah i'd be looking for one definitely.

Dafuq?

Back