HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I have one too, but not at all.

AxT3Sq_CIAA0nVP.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

What would my situation fall under then?

DX02 sold because i looked at it one day and decided 'i don't actually wan this'

I suppose in a way it'll go toward my SDCC Cap. Y'see with the Caps i think it's alright to have one of each as each version represents a very different look for the character

I'm still really fond of the abs and chest on the DX02. In fact it may even look better than the DX12.

It would've been cool if HT had included a backpack and empty cowl as EX. items.

I'm still really fond of the abs and chest on the DX02. In fact it may even look better than the DX12.

the DX02 ab section is inaccurate that it is locked, complex unit like a detailed series of patterns. However the new Bats abs look that way because of the design around a fabric bodysuit- not as solid, locked ,interwoven looking if you catch my drift.
I agree I love that DX02 design and how it looks. I am happy we'll get better movement and more movie accurate in DX12 but appreciate both figures!

At first I thought (and I'm sure many others do too) that his one mouth sculpt looked like he was smirking. Now I'm pretty sure that's just supposed his "neutral" face.

It's very similar to these photos.

lv0MB.jpg

12031204cover-ew_400.jpg

leJmv.jpg

61021.jpg

I think you might be right.

Does anyone else think, that like once upon a time discussed, that the PERS is actually totally killing the likeness of this figure? I mean, if there was one character it could be condemned against, it seems, to me, this is it. The widened eyeballs for the system totally annihilate the resemblance of the panther eyes Bale has in the cowl, which is needed for that screen accurate look.
Or... just me?

I wish they'd give it a rest once in a while. Especially in a case like this where that nasty intimidating panther squint would give the figure a really badass, screen accurate look to the character.
Call it too scene specific if you must, but to me, throughout the entirety of his presence, when I think of Bale Batman, I think THIS definitive look.
By trying to take too far away from highlighting a single specific moment (and hence the versatility of the figure), I really think Hot Toys have this apparent syndrome of sacrificing realism for fart can 'fun' attributes of some figures. In the same way they kind of fell into the trap of making the Heath Joker look maybe 'too' mean looking with the scowly PERS eyes and brow look.

61021.jpg

Perma-squint to scene specific? Yes.

:rotfl

Well you can't tell me some members here don't constantly take full credit.

Pretty rare I would say.

It's become an annoying assumption. Hey if they do indeed frequent the boards for feedback then that's awesome. I just don't see it as much anymore.

Imo their level of involvement here is about the equivalent of their effort in answering emails :lol

I don't think the influence is from boards like this, I think it's from stuff posted on their Facebook page. I guaranty they got at least one person on payroll who is just in charge of social media.

You need to use the SarcMark.

iHC0N.png

Genius. Saved.

Just posted this in the TDKR movie thread ...

tumblr_m6tw9vZHhp1qexqmio2_500.gif

Found it on SHH. I think the back armor looks reinforced. Looks a lot different than the TDK armor to me. There also looks like an extra piece that goes over the belt and over the tailbone. Spine protection? Maybe it works in concert with the reinforced neck.

Wonder if HT knows about it.

SnakeDoc

Ya know, the more pictures I see of the TDKR suit, the more I think the whole thing is new. Maybe not a new design, but it's newly fabricated, and everything is just a bit more bulky looking. Not as sleek as the TDK suit. Could just be that Bale was skinnier, but idunno.

also, that gif makes me :lol

To my mind there's a big difference in someone forced to liquidate collectibles they would otherwise not sell, as opposed to someone who buys just to flip for profit.

Flippers are scum and I wouldn't urinate in their mouths if they were dying of thirst.

Gipetto, I hope your financial situation improves and you are able to reacquire the items you're now selling.

Tell us how you really feel Professor. :lol

I agree. :lecture

the DX02 ab section is inaccurate that it is locked, complex unit like a detailed series of patterns. However the new Bats abs look that way because of the design around a fabric bodysuit- not as solid, locked ,interwoven looking if you catch my drift.
I agree I love that DX02 design and how it looks. I am happy we'll get better movement and more movie accurate in DX12 but appreciate both figures!

I think I do. And it might be what I've been trying to say all along.

The actual abdominal area is made of various separate plates and straps, and they did a better job of creating that effect when the whole front was sculpted. Now that there is a fabric under-suit, the whole ab detail looks too obviously like one big hunk of plastic over fabric.

Like this:

DCabs.jpg

oh eye holes not eyes i get it now. derp:lol

The actual abdominal area is made of various separate plates and straps, and they did a better job of creating that effect when the whole front was sculpted. Now that there is a fabric under-suit, the whole ab detail looks too obviously like one big hunk of plastic over fabric.

To illustrate:

Realabs.jpg

Batabs.jpg

DX02abs.jpg

Top to bottom: Real, DX12, DX02.

I just think the way they did it before looked more like the real deal.

...of course they did leak...

Back