HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Honestly the DX12 looks more like the real thing there.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I was thinking the same thing.

To illustrate:

Realabs.jpg

Batabs.jpg

DX02abs.jpg

Top to bottom: Real, DX12, DX02.

I just think the way they did it before looked more like the real deal.

...of course they did leak...

I think that off metallic coloring on various plates make it look better on the DX02 pic. I think it still looks like a locked solid piece than the "open" look on the real suit and DX12. Could also be lighting/angle on the pictures that alters little details.
We'll see on the finished DX12 I guess.:)

All i notice is the line down the middle and texture on the thin ab plates being missing.

I don't have much of a problem with the torso TBH

I'm much more bugged by the cowl...the collar bone kevlar...the BAT SYMBOL.

:lol

:lol You might be right. A close look does reveal that the dimensions are more accurate on the DX12...

The silver bumpy part of the four ab bar things look better on the DX-02, though.

So this is how super scrutinizing of toys feels like! :clap

:lol You might be right. A close look does reveal that the dimensions are more accurate on the DX12...

Not just that. It's really the over all look and feel. DX12 looks like it could be a real person. DX02 looks like a toy.

Certain issues aside, Hot Toys did pretty much exactly what I was hoping for with the fabric undersuit and it really is a giant leap from DX02. I think once we get it in hand that will be even more evident.

Not just that. It's really the over all look and feel. DX12 looks like it could be a real person. DX02 looks like a toy.

Certain issues aside, Hot Toys did pretty much exactly what I was hoping for with the fabric undersuit and it really is a giant leap from DX02. I think once we get it in hand that will be even more evident.

Agreed- DX02 alittle idealized in shape.

Is it me or does DX12 look proportionally like MMS71- first HT attempt at DKR suit? (bulkier)

The silver bumpy part of the four ab bar things look better on the DX-02, though.

Like a bunch of toy nerds conversing....:rotfl

Got me a modded Medi head for this bad boy. :yess:

:goodpost::lecture

I kinda think the 4 ab plates on DX12 are angled upward too much, like they're pointing up. But on the real suit its more of a arch

And I'm just the opposite. :lol

:lol I just get stuck on certain things. And it always seems like they're things that no one else cares about. :slap :lol

Indeed. Can't wait! :rock

Agreed, I think that Maglor's issues could, perhaps, be without merit. Could it be possible that the lighting is affecting the appearance of the plates by dulling the shadows and the contrast they produce, thereby, eliminating the illusion of layering, and causing the plates to appear as they're constructed(as one piece)?

Agreed, I think that Maglor's issues could, perhaps, be without merit. Could it be possible that the lighting is affecting the appearance of the plates by dulling the shadows and the contrast they produce, thereby, eliminating the illusion of layering, and causing the plates to appear as they're constructed(as one piece)?

You might be right. :eek:

I think I've pinpointed what's throwing the ab section for me.

Flosi, if you're in here, look away. No circles, but there are arrows below! :horror :panic:

The red arrows point to a very prominent edge around the abs. The blue arrows point to the straps. As you can see they are at the exact same hight, and look very obviously like one continuous piece of plastic. In fact in some spots the straps almost appear to be in front of the plates.

Blueandred1.jpg

Blueandred2.jpg

To my surprise, the actual suit is pretty much the same:

Realabs2.jpg

So it seems that the time has come for me to eat crow. :lecture

I had assumed that the straps should be more behind the plates, but it seems that they in fact simply join the plates. So, I don't know what HT could do differently. Maybe that edge around the plates are a little too prominent for me (it is less noticeable on the real suit), creating an outline that emphasizes the "all in one sheet" look. Also the use of fabric behind the ab section creates a noticeable distance between the ab section and the under-suit, which draws the eye to the fact that it's all one piece, but again I don't know how Hot Toys could do that differently.

At any rate, I guess the only real "inaccuracy" with the torso is that the abs and the ribs come too close to meeting. :peace

Last edited:

I think dx02 and dx12 are both good. I never had dx02 so getting the dx12 is must for me. There few things I love about dx02 (led eyes and color ) and there are few things I like about the dx12 (proportion) but they are both awsome.

We are never going to get a perfect representation in 1/6 or 1/4 scale but they will come close. If one things needs fixing over any other it is the cowl. It is not as accurate at the medi cowl and even if they don't make any changes to the sculpt before production as long as they take out the texture and make it smooth I will be happy.

I had assumed that the straps should be more behind the plates, but it seems that they in fact simply join the plates. So, I don't know what HT could do differently. Maybe that edge around the plates are a little too prominent for me (it is less noticeable on the real suit), creating an outline that emphasizes the "all in one sheet" look. Also the use of fabric behind the ab section creates a noticeable distance between the ab section and the under-suit, which draws the eye to the fact that it's all one piece, but again I don't know how Hot Toys could do that differently.

That's what it looks like.

ybJBd.jpg

425139_10151907865745604_1117988459_n.jpg

https://juicy-flawless.org/krypton/details.php?image_id=7483
https://juicy-flawless.org/krypton/details.php?image_id=7273
https://juicy-flawless.org/krypton/details.php?image_id=1591

What's interesting is that it looks like Hot Toys made the center part separate.

tumblr_m6tw9vZHhp1qexqmio2_500.gif

looks like the armor on Batman's back is completely different than it was in TDK. Thicker, bulkier, reinforced. Maybe spine protection? Looks like there's another piece that goes over the belt, and covers the tailbone. Maybe it works with the new reinforced neckpiece he seems to have.

Hate to spoil the speculation but..

16706981.jpg

Same as in TDK. :wave

Wow, I go away on vacation & they come out with this..... well I'll just have to order 1 a.s.a.p. I would love to get all of these vehicles also,but I'd have to get rid of the family.

Back