HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Nah, That is Thrustmaster's Medix and I believe it was painted by Rismo.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Why hasn't anyone made a recast of the Medicom sculpt yet? :huh :lol

Have this thing PO but I'm hoping the cowl will change. I've never had any problems with the dx02's body and to me having a fabric underneath is just a plus for mobility but I would have been okay with the good ol' dx02 body. I think they both look great. The thing that I really wanted in getting a new DK was the better cowl since the dx02's is too narrow.
Now I'm wondering if I should just get a medicom since I like the dx02 body anyway and I'm not planning on posing him in an active motion anyway. Just gonna stick to the hands to the side pose.

HT resculpted Thor due to overwhelming response, hopefully they would do the same to this sculpt.
Wish it looked like this.

MedTDKM5s.jpg

Damn looks awesome glad I got one of those can't wait to get it .

That's what I don't get. For the most part, it seems like Medicom is regarded as a joke in the west when compared to the likes of HT, so how is it that they keep whoopin' HT's ass in the cowl department. I'd be embarrassed if I were Howard. Swallow your pride and use the damn scans, HT! :lecture

One question, if the Medicom headsculpt was a direct 3d scan of the real thing, then why it needs to be modded to look more accurate? it souldn't just be 100% accurate already?

That's what I don't get. For the most part, it seems like Medicom is regarded as a joke in the west when compared to the likes of HT, so how is it that they keep whoopin' HT's ass in the cowl department. I'd be embarrassed if I were Howard. Swallow your pride and use the damn scans, HT! :lecture

I think hot toys just runs with there own ideas when it comes to the cowl.

:goodpost:

The Medicom TDK Batman boxed set is selling at a very high after-market price because of the accuracy in the cowl and lack of issues (or lesser than HT).
I'm kicking myself for selling him 2 years ago. :slap

One question, if the Medicom headsculpt was a direct 3d scan of the real thing, then why it needs to be modded to look more accurate? it souldn't just be 100% accurate already?

Because they took the STUPID decision to make it hollow.

Therefore the production version became narrower with nothing inside it to support it's shape.

That's why it needs the widening mod.

Also the paint on the face is very cartoony out of the box, so it needs a little repaint as well.

After that, it is near perfection.

The only thing the HT cowl has more accurate than the medi, is the part where it connects to the neck. The medi is missing the slight tapering, which I assume they smoothed over from the scan to make it fit with their neck better:dunno

The Medicom TDK Batman boxed set is selling at a very high after-market price because of the accuracy in the cowl and lack of issues (or lesser than HT).
I'm kicking myself for selling him 2 years ago. :slap

I think Medicom will re-release him in TDKR packaging.

I hope so.. It'll be interesting to see if Medicom "tries to improve" their already-good TDK release, and make it even better.

Ahhh, the modified Medi cowl. A true legend of the 1:6 world :lol

I would freakin' love that but people keep saying HT has the 'exclusive' 1/6 License for TDKR.

Again noone has confirmed this for me but the implication would be that Medi can't do any TDKR products in 1/6 until the exclusivity period ends.

They could I guess till re-issue the figure under the same TDK packaging I suppose :lol

I hope they do - the 1/6 world needs more of their cowls. Actually maybe they should just release their cowls :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That would be one epic slap in the face for HT, and a great profit opportunity for Medi :lol

I like the smiling face in this one. The angry one I actually like better than the DX02 angry one too. The 'sniffing' effect is accurate to how Bale often looks in the TDK/TDKR cowl :lol
It's the lack of an open mouth (like the regular Bale head in the DX12) and a neutral expression that's a bit puzzling

I'm still not convinced that there is a "smiling" face with this one. Somethimes it just looks like a neutral face. :dunno

And I agree, I like tha angry face on this one better.

Wish it looked like this.

MedTDKM5s.jpg

Yeah, that would be awesome. :monkey2

Why hasn't anyone made a recast of the Medicom sculpt yet? :huh :lol

:lecture

Seriously! You'd think with such a high demand for the medi cowl and all it's praise someone would of made a cast of it. They would've made some good $$$ I would think.

Ppl have issues with HT and SS recasts but I doubt many would have problems with a medi recast given that most ppl look down on them in the first place :lol

I would freakin' love that but people keep saying HT has the 'exclusive' 1/6 License for TDKR.

Again noone has confirmed this for me but the implication would be that Medi can't do any TDKR products in 1/6 until the exclusivity period ends.

They could I guess till re-issue the figure under the same TDK packaging I suppose :lol

I hope they do - the 1/6 world needs more of their cowls. Actually maybe they should just release their cowls :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That would be one epic slap in the face for HT, and a great profit opportunity for Medi :lol

I wish they'd hurry up and do it before this guy ships, maybe HT'd change it. :lol By the way, Void, you're slacking, bro. I don't think I've seen a single manip on the HT FB page. Fix this! Also, it's been a few days since I've seen anything on the Joker's socks...:tap

I'm gonna go on a limb and say there is no smiling sculpt.

This kinda looks like a smile:

529622_10150915280037344_18734927_n.jpg

But I think it's an optical illusion.

I don't think I see a smile here:

295363_10150915280487344_1076531780_n.jpg

And definitely not here:

487646_10150915279812344_44663640_n.jpg

I think they just made the creases around the mouth in a kind of ambiguous way. It's not a straight-up smile or even smirk I don't think. But I've been wrong before... if you've been reading this thread. :monkey2

Yeah I brought that up here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4627333#post4627333

:lecture

Seriously! You'd think with such a high demand for the medi cowl and all it's praise someone would of made a cast of it. They would've made some good $$$ I would think.

Ppl have issues with HT and SS recasts but I doubt many would have problems with a medi recast given that most ppl look down on them in the first place :lol

Or we could get GREG Customs to make a TDK/R cowl. I know he has a Begins cowl in the pipeline.

Ive posted some Batman manips a few days ago

Yeah thanks for the socks reminder :lol
The comments are gonna he fun :rotfl

Is anyone else bothered by the step with the bat symbol on the display base not going all the way over?

Back