HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

With Hot Toys if they were to change the cowl would they post a series of new pictures featuring it?

You might see one or two 'Backstage' pictures which are their version of behind the scenes pics, where they may show an updated product.

Sometimes though you just have to wait and see it in hand

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I really liked the "neutral" expression the most! Hope that someone here knows if they fit...

DX02_TDK_Batman_01.jpg

553807_10150915280937344_1427207371_n.jpg

Just to compare...

God,, I see more Bale on the old DX02.. that's a bad thing..

I'd still take the new head with the better neck over a better likeness with that old neck.

God,, I see more Bale on the old DX02.. that's a bad thing..

I think you forget thats pictures of prototypes. The DX02 barely looked like that when it was actually released.

I'd still take the new head with the better neck over a better likeness with that old neck.

Me too. Those face plates can be replaced with custom ones :lol

Doing a custom accurate neck is arguably more complicated

Me too. Those face plates can be replaced with custom ones :lol

Doing a custom accurate neck is arguably more complicated

Void, just give me your Medx so I can save some cash on this figure. Sound good?

:lol

But one can think they should improve in all areas.. overall the DX12 is far better than the DX02, but the eyes area and mouths are better on the old DX02, which I'm not sure how happened :dunno

I think you forget thats pictures of prototypes. The DX02 barely looked like that when it was actually released.

Actually, one of the few thing that remains exactly as the proto on the final product on the DX02 is the cowl head sculpt and the mouths.. :wave

The DX02 looks like that there, but not so much in person. The mouths do look better as well, but those, too, weren't quite as detailed in hand.

The far right shot looks bad ass . . . everything looks spot on. The other two . . . not so much. I'm not sweating it though . . . I'm sure something will get changed.

I like the smiling face in this one. The angry one I actually like better than the DX02 angry one too. The 'sniffing' effect is accurate to how Bale often looks in the TDK/TDKR cowl :lol
It's the lack of an open mouth (like the regular Bale head in the DX12) and a neutral expression that's a bit puzzling

Also, the batsymbol head was correct on DX02 and MMS71... and NOW they ____ed it up :gah:

The eyes are bad on both IMO. DX02 were too large. Here they are just the wrong shape, and are not set deep enough into the cowl

I like the smiling face in this one. The angry one I actually like better than the DX02 angry one too. The 'sniffing' effect is accurate to how Bale often looks in the TDK/TDKR cowl :lol
It's the lack of an open mouth (like the regular Bale head in the DX12) and a neutral expression that's a bit puzzling

Also, the batsymbol head was correct on DX02 and MMS71... and NOW they ____ed it up :gah:

The eyes are bad on both IMO. DX02 were too large. Here they are just the wrong shape, and are not set deep enough into the cowl

Man I can't believe they still can't get the eyes well done on the Batman cowl... really nothing bothers me most then the issues with the cowl/eyes... I mean I really can't see Bale's Batman in there, in any picture.. I hope they fix the cowl, or they release another TDKR figure in the future, though I alredy preordered this one, but only because is better than DX02, not because is what I was expecting.. I mean everything is almost perfect to me, except the cowl/mouths,,, (I can live with the wrong bat symbol) but the eyes and mouths are just WAY too important to just let them pass..

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to interchange the face plates of this figure, with the ones from the Batman Begins Toys Fair figure? The Toys Fair figure has a really nice neutral expression.

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to interchange the face plates of this figure, with the ones from the Batman Begins Toys Fair figure? The Toys Fair figure has a really nice neutral expression.

Maybe... but I'm not sure if the face plates has the same wide/height..

Maybe... but I'm not sure if the face plates has the same wide/height..

That's what I'm questioning too. And the cowl is certainly different.

Have this thing PO but I'm hoping the cowl will change. I've never had any problems with the dx02's body and to me having a fabric underneath is just a plus for mobility but I would have been okay with the good ol' dx02 body. I think they both look great. The thing that I really wanted in getting a new DK was the better cowl since the dx02's is too narrow.
Now I'm wondering if I should just get a medicom since I like the dx02 body anyway and I'm not planning on posing him in an active motion anyway. Just gonna stick to the hands to the side pose.

HT resculpted Thor due to overwhelming response, hopefully they would do the same to this sculpt.
Wish it looked like this.

MedTDKM5s.jpg

Last edited:
Have this thing PO but I'm hoping the cowl will change. I've never had any problems with the dx02's body and to me having a fabric underneath is just a plus for mobility but I would have been okay with the good ol' dx02 body. I think they both look great. The thing that I really wanted in getting a new DK was the better cowl since the dx02's is too narrow.
Now I'm wondering if I should just get a medicom since I like the dx02 body anyway and I'm not planning on posing him in an active motion anyway. Just gonna stick to the hands to the side pose.

HT resculpted Thor due to overwhelming response, hopefully they would do the same to this sculpt.
Wish it looked like this.

MedTDKM5s.jpg

I'm thinking the same thing.
I really love my dx but the cowl bugs me every time i look at it. Should i get a medicom or the dx12?
How difficult are the mods?

who's sculpt is that? Adam's?

Back