HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

we wont know till the figure arrives

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Trust me, you're better off with fabric. The cons of rubber are so rediculous you dont want it. And yeah, the rubber does stretch but thats not a good thing for the longevity of the figure. Eventually it doesnt stretch back and/or it rips.

I see, thanks for explaining. I am glad and excited that they will be using fabric this time, I just hope that it will work out.

Does anybody know if the interchangeable face parts of the DX02 will fit for the DX12 ?? :pray:

I was wondering this aswell......

As I (and others probably) have said the DX02 mouth pieces were connected by pegs, this will almost certainly have the mouth pieces attached by magnets..... so no not unless you do some kind of mod

I really liked the "neutral" expression the most! Hope that someone here knows if they fit...

The head sizes are the same, there should be no doubt that they will fit, unless Hot Toys decided to change the opening where the mouth is inserted, but that's unlikely. It's just like with the gloves, the design might have changed but it still goes onto the same all type joint.

...unless as said above me they would change the type of fitting. I haven't heard that they will be using magnets, is that a good thing? Will it hold?

...unless as said above me they would change the type of fitting. I haven't heard that they will be using magnets, is that a good thing? Will it hold?

Wouldn't see a single sense in using magnets in ths area as it wouldn't improve anything and it would make the thing more expensive in production. :dunno

I'm buying multiples of this one- another $500 secondary market figure...........once it sells out in 12 months:rotfl

The head sizes are the same, there should be no doubt that they will fit, unless Hot Toys decided to change the opening where the mouth is inserted, but that's unlikely. It's just like with the gloves, the design might have changed but it still goes onto the same all type joint.

they used magnets on the Michael Keaton batman and on the batman begins sdcc ex.
i don't have ether but it looks like it hold well

Apart from the fact that that's what they've used on the last 2 Batman figures :slap :cuckoo:

Okay sorry i didn't know that as I didn't read anything about those figures :wink1:

they used magnets on the Michael Keaton batman and on the batman begins sdcc ex.
i don't have ether but it looks like it hold well

The Keaton one holds too well - it's very frustrating to change his faces.

^ if you guys say it'll hold well then i guess it will, this will be my first batman figure so i dont really know myself. I had a few iron man hot toy figures with faceplates on magnets and they never held that well. hope this one will.

Has the proto been shown in the Toy Hunters store yet? or have they shipped it off to SDCC?

Has the proto been shown in the Toy Hunters store yet? or have they shipped it off to SDCC?

Straight to SDCC is my guess. To my knowledge Toy Hunters hasn't had the Amazing Spiderman either so I guess that will also be shown 'in hand' for the first time at SDCC as well :impatient:

I still can't stop ogling that Bruce Wayne hs...:drool

I'd love to see the mouth from it as a mouth piece for the cowl.

You never know. Always remember that "Pending Final Approval." It could end up quite different than what we're seeing.

The only way you're going to get the accuracy that some of the guys on this forum demand are if Chrisitan Bale went in to the offices of HT in costume and stood for computer life-scans. HT has no where near that kind of influence in the entertainment industry(yet?). Until then, you will only get the best interpretation of a human sculptor.

Actually, if I can access cowl scans of the actual cowl and lifecasts of Bale, then HT sure as hell can too.

It's really mind boggling to me why the cowl continues to be sculpted and not scanned.

Actually, if I can access cowl scans of the actual cowl and lifecasts of Bale, then HT sure as hell can too.

It's really mind boggling to me why the cowl continues to be sculpted and not scanned.

I don't know, either. Is it a pride thing or something? :dunno

I don't know, either. Is it a pride thing or something? :dunno

That's about the only thing I can think of :dunno

I want accurate, not an artistic interpretation - for something as black and white as a cowl!

Actor's likeness you can still understand, changes with expression, age etc. It's more open to artistic interpretation.

But the cowl or the armour is absolute. It's either correct, or it's not. Right now, the cowl definitely is NOT.

That's about the only thing I can think of :dunno

I want accurate, not an artistic interpretation - for something as black and white as a cowl!

Actor's likeness you can still understand, changes with expression, age etc. It's more open to artistic interpretation.

But the cowl or the armour is absolute. It's either correct, or it's not. Right now, the cowl definitely is NOT.

With Hot Toys if they were to change the cowl would they post a series of new pictures featuring it?

Back