HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

60fae901.jpg
:lol

One of those moments where you go :slap but can't help but to :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl eventually :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I already POed 2 of these If they don't fix the cowl, I'll just use 1 cowl for the Wayne head, and another with the medicom head and call it a day.

If they do fix it, I might wanna get 1 or 2 more.

How are you gonna get the medi head on it?

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to enlighten a relatively inexperienced collector: With this whole mess of beautiful 1/6 scaled Dark Knight figures/related figures/vehicles currently available for pre-order, I'm basically overwhelmed, as i want as much of it as I may be able to afford.
So my question is; if I put my dx 02 body alone on eBay, (keeping in mind it is pre-owned and has been futzed with, therefore sporting the usual slight wear on the rubber) would it sell at this point?

I saw some of the dx02 bodies being sold from 3-4 hundred US American dollars, but I don't know enough about the general buyer's standard as far as whether or not one of said auction item was pre-owned or not.

Would it be worth it to me to sell it over eBay, incurring the fees and all?

I would appreciate feedback from anyone with experience. I really want the dx12. :/

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to enlighten a relatively inexperienced collector: With this whole mess of beautiful 1/6 scaled Dark Knight figures/related figures/vehicles currently available for pre-order, I'm basically overwhelmed, as i want as much of it as I may be able to afford.
So my question is; if I put my dx 02 body alone on eBay, (keeping in mind it is pre-owned and has been futzed with, therefore sporting the usual slight wear on the rubber) would it sell at this point?

I saw some of the dx02 bodies being sold from 3-4 hundred US American dollars, but I don't know enough about the general buyer's standard as far as whether or not one of said auction item was pre-owned or not.

Would it be worth it to me to sell it over eBay, incurring the fees and all?

I would appreciate feedback from anyone with experience. I really want the dx12. :/

I would put it up for auction on ebay. List it with pictures and a good discription of it including any damage to the figure. And letting the bidding decide how much its worth. I know theres people out there that still want the DX02 so it could still fetch a nice price. But Id be honest in the listing because these collectors can be a fickle lot.

Hope that helps.

Interesting, I noticed this last time I was watching Batman Begins:

cowlbb.jpg

As you can see, in Nolan's Batman the black "makeup" around the eyes of Bruce Wayne is actually part of the cowl it wasn't makeup in theory (it actually was makeup, but at this scene you can see it was part of the cowl in theory), in Batman Begins it was like this, I'm not sure in TDK. So that would explain why if bruce takes his mask off, he is not wearing any makeup.. Nolan is a genious!!

Yupp :goodpost::lecture

I would put it up for auction on ebay. List it with pictures and a good discription of it including any damage to the figure. And letting the bidding decide how much its worth. I know theres people out there that still want the DX02 so it could still fetch a nice price. But Id be honest in the listing because these collectors can be a fickle lot.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that was definately helpful! Thanks for taking the time.

Quick follow up question: I'm not in therr best financial
Spot to pre-order the dx12, as I just POed the dx 11. I guess when the first dx batman and joker came out I didn't pay much attention to whether or not they'd sell out....

Does hot toys set an amount of figures and or/batches they are going to make? I basically want to know if i should make preordering an immediate priority if I want to avoid missing out.

Again, I would
Really appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Yes, that was definately helpful! Thanks for taking the time.

Quick follow up question: I'm not in therr best financial
Spot to pre-order the dx12, as I just POed the dx 11. I guess when the first dx batman and joker came out I didn't pay much attention to whether or not they'd sell out....

Does hot toys set an amount of figures and or/batches they are going to make? I basically want to know if i should make preordering an immediate priority if I want to avoid missing out.

Again, I would
Really appreciate any feedback, thanks!

I'd say Hot Toys figures aren't as "limited" as they used to be. My advice to you is preorder it through BigBadToyStore.com they won't charge you anything for making or canceling a PO. But that way if you PO from them, you at least have one on PreOrder just in case.

One of those moments where you go :slap but can't help but to :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl eventually :lol

the building was from The Dark Knight promotion not Rises, that was a bridge.

the building was from The Dark Knight promotion not Rises, that was a bridge.

Building, bridge...does it matter? The joke is that Bats had taken the liberty and time to design his light-up graffiti despite knowing that the nuke was about to go off in a few hours :rotfl

I'd say Hot Toys figures aren't as "limited" as they used to be. My advice to you is preorder it through BigBadToyStore.com they won't charge you anything for making or canceling a PO. But that way if you PO from them, you at least have one on PreOrder just in case.

Thanks. I think I may just do that. :gah: just take it hot toys! Just wire my savings straight to your company account... I'll be sitting by the fire place in order to feel like I have money in no
Time.;/

Building, bridge...does it matter? The joke is that Bats had taken the liberty and time to design his light-up graffiti despite knowing that the nuke was about to go off in a few hours :rotfl

I was thinking that also, but I'd like to think that Nolan had already thought of that and would provide a plausible explinatio.

Another thing that confused me is how Bruce got back into Gotham after having escapes from Magnus Rex. Again, there are a bunch of possible explanations, it's just that, when they aren't made immediately evident, I tend top think that Nolan either had no explanation or expected us to understand something that I obviously missed.

But hell, these aren't even plot-holes much more than they are plot-mysteries. I loved the trilogy, so I tip my hat to those involved regardless.

Eh. He was gearing up for a war-in-the-streets in a city under a three-month siege. Gotta hype the troops, and spook the enemy. The propaganda value probably did enough good to justify the time. No use worrying about the bomb's timer if you can't win the fight to get to it.

SnakeDoc

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I think it's because, personally, it looks like a tweaked v1. The lines on the cowl should be softer and the mouth pieces...I just don't know. The angry one looks like a mad grandpa mouth. Wish it had a neutral. The texture definitely has to go. Needs to be a lot smoother.
Not whining btw, just nitpicking.
It's just the cowl Im having a problem with.
Everything else is a huge upgrade, I thought the difference in the body would be minimal but the dx looks very inferior now. That bale sculpt is unbelievable. Almost looks real.
I still think the medicom cowl is better. I just wish the cowl would look like this.

medix-belt2.png
Who did the custom hair on the joker? It's brilliant! And ur right, this cowl carries the essence of the cowl from the movie

Batman got back to gotham, by the time he rescued lucius and got his **** together commissioner gordon and his men had already been taken captive, they were going to be killed before the bomb went off by being exiled off of gotham, batman wasnt going to be able to track the bomb and disarm it without distracting bane, there were only a few members of the police who he even knew about the trucks, and their routes, and had any idea what was going on in that regard because almost all of them were underground the whole time, so he needed a small group of police to track the bomb, while others faught banes army, while he fought bane, and there was only a small amount of time between when he got lucius, got his gear, and developed whatever plan he could with the limited gear he had, and when he rescued commissioner gordon, there was only a small amount of police above ground who were privy to the plans anyways, the truck routes etc, saving gordon was necessary, he wasnt going to let gordon die, so if he needed gordon and the cops to track the bomb and fight off the criminals, before he could fight bane, and had to develop his plan, there wasnt anything he could do before he rescued them other than what he did, and he already rescued fox so he knew exactly how much time he had before the bomb blew... lighting the symbol didnt keep him from doing anything, because everything that took place after it required gordon, the cops, etc, and lighting the bat symbol on the bridge goes with everything batman represents, all the way back to batman begins the whole premise was theatricality puts fear into your enemies, and it was a rallying point for the poeple of gotham to know batman had returned and for them to have hope, which he needed to provide to his city, imagine being in gotham for 8 months under terrorist rule, u think batmans dead, then boom the bat symbol burns on the bridge, 100% totally necessary, and it didnt keep him from doing anything...its unnecessary to even have to explain this because its a *****ing movie and you should just enjoy it without nitpicking every single scene, even though your nitpicking something based off a conclusion that is wrong...but I just wanted to take a few moments to **** all over your argument...amen

Last edited:

..or in other words - because he's the goddam BATMAN.

How did he have time to plaster a building with a sodding great flaming bat symbol...
good grief :lol

..or in other words - because he's the goddam BATMAN.

How did he have time to plaster a building with a sodding great flaming bat symbol...
good grief :lol

:lol

So... kind of more on topic, will this guy have a huge giraffe neck if you try to put the headsculpt on a normal body? It has that black neck seal thing for the suit that seems like it would make it bigger. I really don't want to shell out for a TF Bats for a Bruce Wayne custom :thud:

Jp12345 might consider using spiler tags next time. And I wasn't nitpicking; in fact I thought that part of the movie was awesome. I was just laughing at the poster (memes?) That one of the members post which I thought to be really funny, and I concur with the humor.

Seriously dude, get a grip on urself. Why so serious?!

Back