Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: Are you serious? Your above comments are missing :lol So what would you call the 10,000 Bruce Lee's released thus far?

:rolleyes:

touche. though i could say they're making different bruce from different movies. here hottoys is just improving the version they did earlier.

this is pretty much what i was thinking, but tried to word it in a nice way. there is no question that this figure is an improvement over the first one, but that's the point. it would be nice if they could get it right the first time around, but i see their business plan. it basicly entails bending us over... having said that, i'm happy for all those who didn't get the first joker figure.

i'm going to be quite reluctant to get the first round of figures now from hot toys...

good business plan yes. in the short term. but for long term success, i'm pretty sure it's wiser to make the fans happy rather than pissing them off laughing all the way to the bank.

Did you check out the thread dedicated to the new Joker figure over in the DC section? HT did make some significant changes to the coat:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53082

the changes to the clothes actually make it worse, from what i can see at this point.

Actually, I think they were doing the moving eyes thing with GI Joe back in the 70's. Don't know why it took so long for modern companies to pick up on the idea.

cool. wasn't aware of that. thx for the heads up.

touche. though i could say they're making different bruce from different movies. here hottoys is just improving the version they did earlier.

K fair enough but what is wrong with improving something that everyone contunously complains about? I think its great that you CAN have an improvement sooner than later. Should they have got it right the first time? Absolutely but it shouldn't take away from their other amazing work.

Actually they did re-release the GoD figure... less stuff, but a better head.

And even though moving eyes isn't a new technology, I do think the translucent iris is a new thing. At least I haven't heard of that from any 1/6 company.

I do still wish that HT would "get it right" the first time, however... seems like with each release they learn something and then that gets put into the next figure. And on the plus side (with the Joker at least) its always meant a new version as well as the upgrade parts for the V1.

you know, there is a way to improve and still do not spit in the customers's faces. many in this board have suggested it. simply release the improvement as an expansion pack. so then you dont have shell as much cash to make your joker better, and hottoys can earn fans respect. win-win.

if you want to be greedy though...

you know, there is a way to improve and still do not spit in the customers's faces. many in this board have suggested it. simply release the improvement as an expansion pack. so then you dont have shell as much cash to make your joker better, and hottoys can earn fans respect. win-win.

if you want to be greedy though...

That's a good idea. Maybe you can convince Medicom, Enterbay, and SS too! I'd like to see significant expansion packs someday.

And even though moving eyes isn't a new technology, I do think the translucent iris is a new thing. At least I haven't heard of that from any 1/6 company.

I do still wish that HT would "get it right" the first time, however... seems like with each release they learn something and then that gets put into the next figure. And on the plus side (with the Joker at least) its always meant a new version as well as the upgrade parts for the V1.

i'm sure we all have seen translucent iris in dolls. girls dolls i mean. REAL dolls.

Awesome figure..I might bite.Total package in there.

That's a good idea. Maybe you can convince Medicom, Enterbay, and SS too! I'd like to see significant expansion packs someday.

dont we all? just cause it's common practice doesnt make it cool.

But at what point do you cut off the inovation point on a character?

There are several figures in my collection that I look at and wish they were made now to take advantage of some new technique, paint, sculpting or body. I would love to see Sideshow redo the Universal Monsters.

But at what point do you cut off the inovation point on a character?

There are several figures in my collection that I look at and wish they were made now to take advantage of some new technique, paint, sculpting or body. I would love to see Sideshow redo the Universal Monsters.

Sorry, I didn't mean that they should "get it right". I actually welcome the innovation and at this point will probably dump my V1 and order this.

I "wish" the best figure could be released first, but I think part of their improvements is that they need to work out the kinks from proto to production to arrive at the best figure.

Im not to cheesed about the re-release. I need a bodu for the cop joker and the real joker anyway. Im going to simply take out the better parts of the regular outfit joker from this set and swap out all the inferrior stuff from the old one.

I would have bought the cop joker anyway so this is all bonus to me. Just more incentive to buy it.

It appears to me that the MMS DX series will be reserved for "hot sellers" that Hot Toys knows they can get more out of if they do it again. Hate to say it..but it is smart business. They reeled us in with the v1 Joker...got us with an amazing headsculpt on the v2 and sank us with this v3.

It is definitely a great idea, but I do have to agree...please stop tugging us around then HT...do the character right the first time around because now the v1 is practically useless.

Back