Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of data are you drawing from for that inference? What other company has that M.O.?

Anecdotal.
Sorry, I dont have smoking gun like an internal memorandum stating that they will change a sculpt if they receive "X" number of emails.
But they have stated in interviews that they monitor the 1/6th forums as well as monitor and consider thoughtful emails offering suggestions.
When you email them about likeness concerns they email you back saying in part "we have forwarded your email to our production
team..." Now usually I take those kind of responses with a grain of salt as being canned.
But HT has a history of revising its sculpts after initial previews and after collectors have weighed in.
This seems to be born out in the latest Milk magazine interview with Yulli.

The ones that seem to get revamped seem to be the ones that have the most vocal tepid or negative feedback.
Routh,Marcus,Blade,Leonidas (2nd sculpt)

Last edited:
The sculpt is greatly improved. I always knew Hot Toys would update it. Hot Toys updates everything make before release (Marcus Wright)

I am one of the people who posted on their facebook page asking them to rework it. Im encouraged to make suggestions cause I feel like Im talking to a actual person , not some giant company. From prototype to production, it a very fluid process. They really listen :D

It s ironic everyones waiting for their tax returns to pay for this given Mr.Snipes current predicament.

It s ironic everyones waiting for their tax returns to pay for this given Mr.Snipes current predicament.

:rotfl:lol

2008-07-25.jpg

Thats a great bit of irony. Imagine if you had to pay customs tax on this figure if you ordered it from abroad. The irony would be delicious.

I thought I'd post these here for all the people that don't use FB. And also because no one else in HK seems to be taking pics yet. :lol
Credit goes to VodkaVodka Cheung from Facebook:

16942_1123443624852_1789970061_247334_5694600_n.jpg

16942_1123441984811_1789970061_247332_1897594_n.jpg

16942_1123441224792_1789970061_247331_2027171_n.jpg

I still hold out hope for an original Blade figure.

I feel almost totally sure that this will be the only Blade figure. Isn't this a kind of Blade I/II hybrid in terms of the outfit? If so that would suggest they intend this to be the only figure.

The new head looks fantastic. I am now even more tempted by this figure despite not being a huge Blade fan. It does fit with the type of movie genre figures I collect.

To be honest I also agree with the guy who is gloating about the more obsessive collectors enabling the less obsessive to get a superior collectible. Its true of any figure, if the major fans and guys who really study these things to an anally retentive degree get the figure they want, the rest of us win. If only these obsessives had gotten their way on the HT Big Chap Alien that figure would have had a lot more guaranteed purchasers.

I thought I'd post these here for all the people that don't use FB. And also because no one else in HK seems to be taking pics yet. :lol
Credit goes to VodkaVodka Cheung from Facebook:

16942_1123443624852_1789970061_247334_5694600_n.jpg

Wow that's how i'm going to display mine. :rock

Thanks for the new pics.

Back