Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- T2: T-1000 as Sarah Connor Sideshow SDCC PPO A- 7/1, NA- 7/2

Good one :wink1:, but no, as much as I feel a slight change in position of the eye would serve me better, the donut eye head is my most wanted BD portrait for T-1000, if i can get an order in for this figure, I will not be letting anything go.

*dang, was sure that would work* :D

Well I'm gonna be there with bells on going after that non-attendee pre-order. Got to have that head.

T-1000 head is a must get for me, but so is the new Sarah head.

Like some others, I actually like this Sarah a lot more than the mass release version, but I just don't feel a need to have the figure. But I'm with you on that head--it is absolutely essential for the T-1000. That Predator is nice, but the T-1000 head is gonna be the must-get HT item from SDCC for me.

For me, the hair down is the look for T2 Sarah for me, I'm not against the ponytail look, but it's not my top choice, so getting this version means having my top choice. It'd be awesome if I could get this figure and borrow one so I could actually recreated the scene from the movie with a pure photograph, no photoshop tricks or anything like that. Of course, I'd also like a John to get out of the way.

For me, the hair down is the look for T2 Sarah for me, I'm not against the ponytail look, but it's not my top choice, so getting this version means having my top choice. It'd be awesome if I could get this figure and borrow one so I could actually recreated the scene from the movie with a pure photograph, no photoshop tricks or anything like that. Of course, I'd also like a John to get out of the way.

That would be cool! We might just have to do that! :hi5:

adding another hot toys to my collection

So I was just looking at the specs and it says HT's doing magnet attach for bullet holes too like Sideshow, wonder how well it will work compared to Sideshow, could mean being able to use Sideshow hits in addtion, which could be nice, I could do a photo of T-1000 lit up like when T-800 shoots him in the truck. I wonder how that works anyway, there's nothing to the Sideshow T-1000 shirt that suggest what the magnets cling to, but they do, I'd assume similar method is used here.

The T-1000 had a magnetic body. So I'm not entirely sure how HT will do it. Unless they give this figure a magnet in her belly. But I'm sure HT will make it work. I just hope the real T-1000's bullet holes work better than Sideshow's. But it would really be cool if they can work on the HT one. But I think the HT ones will be more chromed than SS's were. The donut head is very nicely chromed and I would expect the rest of his metal pieces to be like that.

Yeah, the metal on T-1000 and T-800 should look sharp, I keep looking at the BD Marcus Wright head thinking of how a T-800 will look, I can't wait to see it, I hope we will see that. And yeah, Sideshow's hits won't match the HT ones, but still, depending on what you want for hits on the figure and what HT supplies, if they'll stick, at least it gives you options.

As far as T-1000, the key improvements over Sideshow's I'm interested in are a better tailoring and fit to the uniform, and I'd like to see them do the hook arms with an effective way to put them on, I could never snape the sleeves on my Sideshow shirt around the hooks so it never had that seemless look they were trying for to belnd the hooks into the shirt.

They'd probably also use rubber sleeves to blend it into the clothing coloring instead of painting silver on the fabric.

Hey, now there is an idea! A chrome, rubber suited T-1000! That might be the only way HT could do it without it being a statue.

I'd probably hold out for or get a 12" NECA chrome before a rubber HT version. If it's a figure I really care about and it's the only choice, I'll live with rubber, but overall, there seems a risk involved with HT rubber figures. So far, I've done ok but for Batman, which was everyone's, but all the muscle body horror stories and Alien problems, I'm not sure if I'd be into a chrome T-1000 enough to make the investment on the chance it could not work out in the long term. I like to think these HT rubber figures can last, but you hear enough stories to wonder when your luck could run out. Rambos, Rockys, Dutch, these figures are of characters that really matter to me so I take the chance, but if there were a couple regular style T-1000 figures, I'm not sure I'd feel the need for a chrome one enough to roll the dice.

But his eye is positioned to the left ............

T1000.jpg

Imo it would look odd if he was looking stright ahead.

This shows what I meant about the blast not being 'blown out' sideways enough on the sculpt. Also......

.....there should be no silver leakage of colour on the actual face. Just on the blast itself.

Still absolutely love it though and still looking forward to the eventual T1000 moreso than Arnie.

This shows what I meant about the blast not being 'blown out' sideways enough on the sculpt. Also......

.....there should be no silver leakage of colour on the actual face. Just on the blast itself.

Still absolutely love it though and still looking forward to the eventual T1000 moreso than Arnie.

T-1000 being dynamic... HT choose an in-between Stan Winston's prop and CGI reforming of his face.......
Dunno.gif

Sarah's head sculpt looks more like catherine tate from doctor who.

if HT already have the T1000 together, maybe they took a shortcut with this exclusive head. it seems the head overall retains the shape a non-BD head should have, rather than being resculpted to have the face wider as it was in the movie. so chances are, the head on the regular release will be exactly like this. maybe the eyes forward.

Goddamn I need that head. It is so fantastic. I'm not even all that into T-1000, but damn.

I want that head as well, but I don't want to have to buy a whole other figure just for the head. 1 Sarah Connor figure will suffice for me (i like the original one more).

I really feel bad for you guys that just want the T-1000 head. The way I see it, you only have 2 choices if you really want it.

1) Buy the head on ebay for $$$
2) Buy the full figure and sell it without the head

Selling the figure without the head would probably save you more money in the end actually.

Back