Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't caught anyone showing interest in it just for Sarah, and really, you'd almost be better off getting the set and selling Sarah than trying to buy a loose T-1000 head, I'll be that starts selling at $60 because of rarity, it'll cost nearly the price of the whole thing for that head, where if you get the whole thing, maybe sell the rest and recoup some cash.

Yeah anyone who wants this for Sarah also wants the donut head. There just happens to be people who have no interest in Sarah but do want the donut head.

The scenario I will hate, and I will curse Hot Toys for if it happens, is I miss the figure at the retail stage and then it proves almost impossible to get a Sarah figure where the damned T-1000 head is still included. I'd end up having to buy Sarah and pay whatever ridiculous price the Donut head goes for seperately. That or I'm hoping that with the release of Guardian Predator driving up demand for the Lost Predator I might happen to find someone willing to trade a Full T-1000 as Sarah Connor figure for it.

If cheap enough, I might pick up a second Sarah or at least the head to try and make a really sweaty look like the mill, but at the rarity of this figure, I won't chance it on my one and only if I"m lucky enough to get an order placed.

If cheap enough, I might pick up a second Sarah or at least the head to try and make a really sweaty look like the mill, but at the rarity of this figure, I won't chance it on my one and only if I"m lucky enough to get an order placed.

If this wasn't a super rare exclusive I'd have been buying two at retail. I would have had a use for a second hair down Sarah. As with the actual T-1000 figure where there are so many possible looks that are too cool to choose between I think the T-1000 disguise on this figure is a very worthy display piece....but that leaves you without a figure representing Sarah herself using that shotgun. :gah:

Anyone doing whatI did and just get all the missing regular sarah peices loose and plan to get the exclusive as the base? That way there is no hunting for T-1000 heads and I get the most complete Sarah.

Is there really a low change of not getting this? Those bootleg figures, blade hunter, dirty harry etc are all limited to 100 or 200 peices and they sit around for months at 120 bucks,...

Well I'm certainly hoping I'm worrying over nothing. I hope I get the figure easy and find its still available for a couple of days afterwards.

The HT Leon S. Kennedy figures weren't more limited than the Chainsaw Killer or Krauser, but the goes for $300+ now and the Chainsaw killer you can get for $60. Its just the demand. I suspect a complete Sarah-1000 will be worth a pretty penny in the near future.

Really if you want just the donut head, you're going to have the just buy the full figure. It will be far cheaper in the long run to part her out minus the T-1000 head.

Is there really a low change of not getting this? Those bootleg figures, blade hunter, dirty harry etc are all limited to 100 or 200 peices and they sit around for months at 120 bucks,...

That's because stuff like that is pretty under the radar, you have to be pretty active in the hobby to even know they exist.

Sideshow sold products are out there in the public and even if you don't know to go looking, you can run accross them anyway. WIthout really being aware, I was seeing Sideshow products in my early collecting days before I even knew who they were or bought any of their products.

There's a 50/50 shot of this Sarah selling out quick and being a fight to secure an order. For many, it's the ideal Sarah look and it has the donut head. Lots of appeal to this set.

That's because stuff like that is pretty under the radar, you have to be pretty active in the hobby to even know they exist.

Sideshow sold products are out there in the public and even if you don't know to go looking, you can run accross them anyway. WIthout really being aware, I was seeing Sideshow products in my early collecting days before I even knew who they were or bought any of their products.

There's a 50/50 shot of this Sarah selling out quick and being a fight to secure an order. For many, it's the ideal Sarah look and it has the donut head. Lots of appeal to this set.

That was the main selling point to me, but I just love the T-1000 effects on her (the metly boots) so I'll still have her as the T-1000 instead of Sarah. If I can find a cheap donut-less Sarah, I might get a second though.

Yeah I'm in the "Keeping the T-1000 head, selling the Sarah Connor figure" camp.

I think Sarah Connor is great as a character, but I don't like these two Hot Toys figures.

Good, I should be able to buy the figure off of one of you guys then. But if you think I'll pay full price with the T-1000 head removed you're dreaming. :lol

I really hope they do a PPO for this and not put it up with the newsletter... I'm never available for the newsletter as I run a group on Thursday nights.

I just hope I can order it while at SDCC. Seems the fair thing to do since we attendees got shafted on picking her up there. The least they could do is give us first dibs.

Well since I'm stuck with Harvey I might as well have some fun with him when I can :lol

I think everyone should have an equal chance, SDCC or no. Because life isn't fair.

I don't think so. This was announced as a SDCC exclusive. So those of us going were going to have first shot at it anyway. Then HT says they can't make enough in time for SDCC. But since it was already announced the right thing to do would be to offer it up to the con attendees first, just like they would have with a PPO. People didn't have an equal chance before, so why should non-attendees be rewarded by HT's mistake and con-attendees screwed because of it?

Well since I'm stuck with Harvey I might as well have some fun with him when I can :lol

I don't think so. This was announced as a SDCC exclusive. So those of us going were going to have first shot at it anyway. Then HT says they can't make enough in time for SDCC. But since it was already announced the right thing to do would be to offer it up to the con attendees first, just like they would have with a PPO. People didn't have an equal chance before, so why should non-attendees be rewarded by HT's mistake and con-attendees screwed because of it?

Well, I'm not going to SDCC, but I agree here. If the SDCC guys had the first shot, they should still get to keep the first shot. Fair is fair. I'm sure Harvey Dent would agree, too.

As for the figure itself. With the rumored second batch of T-800s shipping, I could see HT wanting to increase the quantity of this figure. I know it may seem like wishful thinking, but by now they have to realize that they're on to a good thing with T2. I expect big numbers with the "Disguise" T-1000 and the regular T-1000. So, maybe instead of them not being able to put out 300 by SDCC, they decided to hold off till they can churn out three of four times that.

Back