Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget this thing will be sold in China as well, so it's not going to be that rare.

Don't worry, if you want it, it will be available, it's not going to be that 'exclusive'.

Changing how many will be made has no bearing on the preorder date, it's the release date that matters how many you've got to make.

If you don't know how many you are selling, how do you know when to mark it as sold out? Sideshow has to know the total units and the amount they are being allocated.

If you don't know how many you are selling, how do you know when to mark it as sold out? Sideshow has to know the total units and the amount they are being allocated.

Not neccessarily true at all. Why do you think SSC usually starts pre-orders with "TBD"?

They don't need an exact amount, they just need a rough idea. Having a pre-order up over the course of a specific amount of time will give you an idea of customer interest. For example, put a figure up for a week and if everyday in that time span 100 people pre-order that figure, I'd say it's pretty popular and you could afford to run the PO for another week. With these items being released in a three month window (quarter) rather than specific release dates, the manufaturers have plenty of flex time to meet the expected demand.

In that regard, HT could easily use SSC and other online retailer's projected pre-order numbers to determine the best and closest amount of figures to release that would be the most financially profitable.

That works under regular conditions. My understanding is that this was some sort of very limited convention release.

I am sure they wanted to keep this extremely limited, but the hesitation tells me that they are going back and rethinking this whole thing.

"easy money"

That works under regular conditions. My understanding is that this was some sort of very limited convention release.
I am sure they wanted to keep this extremely limited, but the hesitation tells me that they are going back and rethinking this whole thing.

"easy money"

But if they can't make it in time for the convention, you might as well up the edition size at that point.

Sideshow often preorders things with the ES determined months after the item's been up for order. They might start with the initial determined ES and then gauge demand to possibly push for more.

Yeah, the entire pre-order process is more for their sake then ours. Sure its nice to be able to budget things over a couple of months, but more and more companies are using pre-ordering as the way to gauge the amount of product they need to make. And HT has said the T-800 has been one of their all time best sellers, so much so that they are making another batch. Their pre-orders said it was a hot seller, but even those initial orders didn't meet the deemand. Unlike Sideshow HT generally doesn't release edition sizes and/or number them.

Where'd you catch that about T-800. That's pretty cool to hear though, especially for what lies ahead with T2, maybe extra T-800 sales could favor young John, if he's not a possibility already. Last figure I remember getting an extra run was the TDK Joker, and that was the v1, so if T-800 earns that treatment, we know how it worked out for Dark Knight :)

I hope not! Would mean we would end up with an obsolete T-800. I hope HT just makes BD versions... not an unnecessary "clean" update.

I wouldn't mind an improved clean T-800 head in a future release (Cyberdyne). As long as the original MMS #117 was the only release with the 1887 shotgun, rose box, black shirt and endo arm so they would remain "exclusive" to the set.

Well I was implying a large line of figures, not updated ones. They won't/shouldn't do updated figures, they have no excuse to fall back on like with Dark Knight, you can't cry not enough source material with a movie that's been out 20 years.

I wouldn't mind an improved clean T-800 head in a future release (Cyberdyne). As long as the original MMS #117 was the only release with the 1887 shotgun, rose box, black shirt and endo arm so they would remain "exclusive" to the set.

I'm game for that too, if they make the clean head more emotional to imply his adapting of humanity. The current one is perfect for the cold machine, but you can do another clean head with a different look on him. PERS head with a slight smile so you could do the "Trust me." look would be cool.

Yeah, that would be great. A new "regular" head (that would look different from the first without making it obsolete. Possible PERS, possible grin?), a semi battle damaged head (from the SWAT team) and the full battle damaged head (the wounds that the T-1000 inflicts with the girder) with a light up eye.

Yup, but, if we only get one more T-800, then I'd rather have semi and full BD, the current clean head works fine for any clean look, actually it's better for Cyberdyne than an emotional one as he was back in Terminator mode for that moment.

Yeah, of course. Those two battle damaged ones are more important. A new "improved" regular one would just be a nice bonus. I could see them making multiple T-800s though, like they did with the Joker.

"CYBERDYNE!"

"BATTLE DAMAGED!"

"MMS DX!"

I see 1 more or two more, Cyberdyne and a BD set that's as loaded as the T-1000, or a single release with Cryberdyne and BD rolled into one package. If the first T-800 has been huge for them, I could see them looking to split into two releases where they may have tried one, could be better for us in the end, could mean getting every little accessory we could want where with 1 robust figure, something might have to be left out. I do want the smoke grenade launcher for semi BD as that would add to distinguishing it from the full BD which would be holding the explosive grenade launcher.

The grin would be nice but thinking of it I'd actually prefer a straight Terminator face like MMS117 but with PERS. It'd suit more scenes that way whereas the one-sided smile would be majorly scene specific. If the PERS looked good I'd only find myself wishing it was on a non-smiling sculpt too.

Anywho, I'm all for 2 more T-800 figures - Cyberdyne and Steel Mill

Expensive but I still don't see just one more figure having all the additional costume pieces plus alternate heads, hands, arms, legs and weapons that would be needed to form the last 2 primary looks we need.

Somehow I'd like to create a SWAT shootout T-800 as I'm hopefully getting a bunch of Hot Toys SWAT figures for that scene.

Yeah who knows. I was also thinking that they could just have a single Battle Damage Steel Mill release with the two heads (semi and full damage) and all the Cyberdyne gear (the minigun, the grenade launcher, gloved hands etc.) for those of us that bought multiple MMS 117 versions or those that would just prefer a Cyberdyne as their "regular" T-800.

If they went that route it would kind of be like the Bank Robber Joker back when people used the "regular" head and machine gun for the regular V1 release.

I'm thinking with the success of the T-800 though they might just milk the heck out of it and pump out two more releases.

People might be pi$$ed but the truth is the MMS117, as you said, would have a few things to keep it unique - shotgun, rosebox, sunglasses, black t-shirt and endoarm.

If HT were to make a seperate Cyberdyne figure I could keep my MMS117 T-800s as they are - biker T-800 and Dyson's house T-800 - retain those looks and add another one instead of changing one out.

Back