Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I'd like to create a SWAT shootout T-800 as I'm hopefully getting a bunch of Hot Toys SWAT figures for that scene.

That'd be my ideal plan.

- Biker/Pescadero
- Desert/Cyberdyne
- SWAT/Semi-BD
- Steel Mill/Full BD

As far a Cyberdyne possibly obsoleting MMS117, I think they'd be safe, but who knows, people like to whine anyway, but if they made it true to that look, meaning bullet holes in his jacket and extra weathering on the leather bits, then they'd be safe, plus it would only come with gloved hands, no clean ones. A proper Cyberdyne really doesn't eliminate a need for MMS117, in fact, MMS117 really should have just come with the black t-shirt and the endo arm and grey shirt with a Cyberdyne figure, but they probably felt it'd be too light on items to sell without those, even though Wolverine did real well with no accessories.

People might be pi$$ed but the truth is the MMS117, as you said, would have a few things to keep it unique - shotgun, rosebox, sunglasses, black t-shirt and endoarm.

Yeah, unless of course they included those too. We know how they like to reuse their accessories. Imagine if they made a new regular version with all the Cyberdyne stuff the first release SHOULD have had along with a new head. Maybe like include everything from the first version except the rosebox.

Hahahaha, people would be pissed. I might be upset at first but I'd get over it. This T-800 just feels like it'll be milked like Batman, Joker and the Predator. Joker again being the best example.

What did the first MMS V1 Joker come with that was exclusive that the MMS DX didn't have? The DX had the cards, money and knife WITH extra stuff.

And HT has said the T-800 has been one of their all time best sellers, so much so that they are making another batch. Their pre-orders said it was a hot seller, but even those initial orders didn't meet the deemand.

Another batch would be awesome. I've been thinking about getting a third T-800 and the chance of getting one for closer to the $165 mark would definately sway me.

What did the first MMS V1 Joker come with that was exclusive that the MMS DX didn't have? The DX had the cards, money and knife.

Well, v1 Joker was a bare bones figure so there really wasn't much room for the DX not to come with those things, but really, the DX was done to replace the v1 as most people weren't happy with it. I don't think anyone's really looking to replace MMS117 so obsoleting it by packing all it's goodies with another figure would bother some folks, unless it came with a portrait people didn't want and were still happier with the MMS117 figure.

Ha, I remember I actually thought that by buying multiples of the Neca figures to capture every look from the film I'd be able to resist buying multiples of the Hot Toys figures. I should've known.

Anyway guys what if this happens; everyone assumes that the Battledamaged T-800 AKA Steel Mill version will be the DX, if there is to be a DX for this line.

What if it isn't? What if the BD figure is released as a basic MMS with all the requisite battle-damaged parts and clothes, interchangeable lowerleft arm and just the one head with light up eye. PERS would be too complex in this headsculpt thus the distinguishable feature of DX can (probably) not apply.

What if instead the DX is the Cyberdyne figure which gets:

- 2 heads, a PERS clean head and maybe the Phase 1 battledamage head also with PERS (as opposed to the DX batmans sonar eyes and interchangeable mouth pieces)
- the mini-gun and ammo bag
- the M79,
- the bandolier full of grenades,
- teargas launcher,
- pistol,
- fireaxe,
- gasmasks etc.

His outfit includes the bullet hole jacket and 2 t-shirts - one clean and one bullet damaged exposing - a battle damaged chest. His trousers would be clean but slightly more worn perhaps.

All the above would cover the entirety of the Cyberdyne scenes including the beginnings of his battledamage.

Everything else could be left to a basic MMS Steel mill figure.

If any T2 figure gets DX, I'd want it to be a steel mill based figure as that would be the best option for a cool use of the DX special base. Cyberyne floor would look rather bland, but a grated base like the platform at the end of the steel mill fight would be cool, plus with the LED lights from below, they'd be mirroring the glow coming up from the steel, it'd get the best use out of the DX base design.

However, I really don't care about any T2 figures being DX, I wanted T-800 to be that when I thought it'd be our best chance of getting a boat load of goodies for him, but after T-1000 demonstrating what an MMS can be in this line, the only things I see us getting with a DX figure that we won't with MMS is the base and PERS, neither of which I care about on T-800, and the base, unless T-1000 and T-800 were done as DX, I personally would find it silly to see one figure on a specialty base and everything else on standard, at least with TDK you had the two main characters as DX and it makes for a nice, unified display.

Where'd you catch that about T-800. That's pretty cool to hear though, especially for what lies ahead with T2, maybe extra T-800 sales could favor young John, if he's not a possibility already. Last figure I remember getting an extra run was the TDK Joker, and that was the v1, so if T-800 earns that treatment, we know how it worked out for Dark Knight :)

I heard it here on the board. Apparently HT said on their facebook that they'd be doing another run of the T-800 though. So... :dunno

Although it could have been mistranlated/misunderstood and they might have just been hinting at another version of the T-800 instead. If I could find a MMS 117 for under retail again I'd probably pick up a second for the endo arm look at least before knowing what use it could have with the second T-800 version.

"Could I borrow that thing."

IMG_1044.jpg

I just hope we get 2 more t800's, I am sorta kicking myself for not getting a second just in case the next version is strictly battle damaged. I don't want to lose my clean look with the shotgun but I also want the mini gun without battle damage head.

Can someone clue me in on when this is being released along with the Iron man vi bust? And can any of them be ordered or do you have to be at the event only. I searched but there is to much to look through

There's no specifics yet, all we know at the moment is that Sideshow announced her going up for order at the end of July, that's the only official word we have.

Well, it's likely still going to be quite limited, and that's really where the value comes from, not being a con exclusive, but how few are made. It could have been an exclusive but if they made 10,000, it probably wouldn't go up in value at all, but where it's tentatively to be a few hundred, doesn't matter how it's released, other than ease of trying to be one of the few, it'll still be rare and valuable.

Who cares about value. Buy stuff because you want it not because of what you might be able to sell it on for.

I understand your perspective but I wont buy something for 200 when in 2 months I can pick it up for 150. Id rather wait 2 months. I would rather buy something for 200 and always be able to sell it for what I paid or more. SDCC stuff rarely drops beloew original price.

When the Batman DX came out it was selling for 250 plus (with shipping, ebay). I picked 2 of them up for 160 each 2 weeks ago.

Well, it's likely still going to be quite limited, and that's really where the value comes from, not being a con exclusive, but how few are made. It could have been an exclusive but if they made 10,000, it probably wouldn't go up in value at all, but where it's tentatively to be a few hundred, doesn't matter how it's released, other than ease of trying to be one of the few, it'll still be rare and valuable.

Im fully aware of how supply and demand works. They made 3000 Cobra Commanders and you can pick those up for half price now occasionaly. the red one more limited sells for 150.

I hope you'll forgive me but I just don't like the idea of being in competition with people who aren't actually really interested in this figure for what it is and what its from and are primarily concerned about its resale value. I haven't researched your other posts so you could be a big T2 fan for all I know in which case go for it, I respect your right to want this figure as much as my own right. But otherwise...why not just not spend the money in the first place.

Well, it sucks, but flippers and scalpers are a fact of life with collecting, there's always going to be people trying to turn a profit on something buying up slots from people that just want it to have it and forcing them to pay more, sucks, but the sunshine and rainbows world where people that truly want one get orders in without stuff being scoffed up by people just looking to sell it will never happen.

I'll just never understand it. Maybe Ashkanls is a big T2 fan and wouldn't plan to sell it, perhaps he just likes the idea of his figures being worth more than what he paid for them...in that case, sure, fine.

I've got 2 Original suit TDK Batmans which I understand are much sought after but they're staying in my collection. I bought them because I wanted them :)

Back