Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small price reduction would be acceptable to me, just on principal that the figure is not as big as they made a point of advertising, I'm sure totally going back to the drawing board would be too much at this point.

Reserve some more space for the Berserker Predator collectible, because he is larger than our commonly released collectibles!
HT didn't lie. Berserker IS larger than COMMONLY released figures.

the Predator line is larger than commonly released figures. that's a given(except for what happened with the P1). they were advertising (proto)berserker pred as a figure that TOWERS over older preds. which we know now is all BS.

A small price reduction would be acceptable to me, just on principal that the figure is not as big as they made a point of advertising, I'm sure totally going back to the drawing board would be too much at this point.

i think its way past the point of no return for that already. i think we're in HT's point of bend over and take it with a smile.

Looks like they're taking pics off their facebook page. There was a good shot comparing the original promo size comparison pix to the new one. It was there yesterday but gone now.

THIS will explain it better

prdatorsheight.jpg

That's the one. Maybe if they are so afraid of this pic, we should keep posting it over and over on their page. I like the figure, but like many, I paid in full already for it. And for me, the height justified the price tag. Now I feel taken advantage of.

1. some distributors/retailers won't allow refunds.
2. I'm not from HK, so I can't go to HT directly.

If HT wouldn't go for refunds, which I'm sure they won't I would just as easily settle for rebate. It's the best compromise for both HT and their customers. Rebate can be either in the form of a gift certificate or additional accessories in time for the international release.

Don't get me wrong, if they showed the actual product at a reasonable price, then I would've been head and heels over it and I'll actually let the inaccuracies in the sculpt slide. But they opted to screw their customers over and hope we won't notice or complain.

What I'm sure of now is that if they'll price Falconer and Tracker the same way, then I won't get either anymore. I no longer plan to complete HT's Pred figures anyway.

A local retailer (official distributor) here offers it. They have this sort of limited stock set aside for this kind of offer. Essentially, it's much cheaper than the retail price, so I usually go for that. I usually buy this way for figures that I'm really sure to get, such as this Berserker. So, yes no refunds/backing out since that would mean I won't be able to be included in such offers again.

As for Tech Noir T-800, not sure yet, but December 2010 gets thrown around in the grapevine :) And, yes, I preordered it the same way I did with this Berserker. So I sincerely hope HT doesn't screw us over with that figure.

Your issue is with the person that sold it to you, not Hot Toys. How much cheaper than retail did you get it? You want a discount on top of an already discounted item? Time to change your retailer if they don't offer refunds.

That's the one. Maybe if they are so afraid of this pic, we should keep posting it over and over on their page. I like the figure, but like many, I paid in full already for it. And for me, the height justified the price tag. Now I feel taken advantage of.

Get a refund if it bothers you that much. Those photos are more confusing that proof of anything. The red line needs to be adjust to correspond to the actual height of the P1 Pred. I don't think the height difference is really that drastic.

That does seem like a whole nother figure, WOW :monkey1

Your issue is with the person that sold it to you, not Hot Toys. How much cheaper than retail did you get it? You want a discount on top of an already discounted item? Time to change your retailer if they don't offer refunds.

Nopes, issue is STILL with Hot Toys, not the retailer. Retailer didn't trick me into believing that Berserker would be worth $200. But HT did. Also the source pic? nothing confusing about that. The proto is CLEARLY much taller than the final product. And this is what they've been touting for the longest time.

And yes, I STILL want a discount. This figure shouldn't even be worth as much as P1 Pred. And the price I paid for it is still higher than that. And like I said, I can ask for a refund but I lose my privileges for the special offers which I prize highly, so I won't.

You really can't understand that HT screwed their customers over, can't you? Because no matter how they cut it, HT DID screw customers over. Just take a look at their Facebook page.

I wonder what the reaction would have been had Hot Toys made the Terminator 4 T-600 barely any bigger than the T-800. Technically McG took a bit of a liberty in making them that big in the film anyway as Kyle Reese never mentioned anything about them being 8ft giants but it was still pretty cool IMO.

Get a refund if it bothers you that much. Those photos are more confusing that proof of anything. The red line needs to be adjust to correspond to the actual height of the P1 Pred. I don't think the height difference is really that drastic.

Nope, they're not. You don't even need the red line to see how much the final product shrunk. Compare the the proportions via the knees, the waist, the arms, and then the shoulders. So I really can't fathom why you say that this isn't a proof of anything.

I think the best thing Hot Toys could do at this point, because they're not going to recast the figure at a larger size, is refund everyone about $20. Even if they did that though, there's no way to ensure the sellers and vendors pass that savings on to those customers who've paid in advance.

I think more people ought to hold off on placing pre-orders until they see in-hand pics.

good luck with the AVATAR figures. they'd probably cheat out on the height to save plastic too.
:exactly:

And then blame it on the blue pigment,stating that it shrunk the plastic during production :lol

@ SpanBauer:

Or offer a $20 gift cert included in the next batch's packaging. The 1st batch is mainly for HK customers anyway so they can hand these out in their store (ToyHunters), provided that customers show their receipt for their Berserker Pred.

Nope, issue is STILL with Hot Toys, not the retailer. Retailer didn't trick me into believing that Berserker would be worth $200. But HT did. Also the source pic? nothing confusing about that. The proto is CLEARLY much taller than the final product. And this is what they've been touting for the longest time.

And yes, I STILL want a discount. This figure shouldn't even be worth as much as P1 Pred. And the price I paid for it is still higher than that. And like I said, I can ask for a refund but I lose my privileges for the special offers which I prize highly, so I won't.

You really can't understand that HT screwed their customers over, can't you? Because no matter how they cut it, HT DID screw customers over. Just take a look at their Facebook page.

Hot Toys didn't set the $200 price tag, some retailers did. How much will you end up paying in the end? I don't feel screwed by Hot Toys, I like the figure. I wouldn't buy it if I had the problems that you have with it. But I still think it's bigger than the comparison photo with the red line shows.

send this to HOT TOYS

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. Truth in labeling refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries..

img9033ez.jpg

as what i've suspected, he's as tall as the older preds.
way to go HT, false advertising. the HEIGHT, being huge was the only justification for the lack of accessories, loss of some articulation for that $200 pricetag....

:goodpost: I'm sure there is going to be a way to modify this guy to get him a tad taller the same way people have been correcting the height of the P1. maybe extending the neck joint or something.

They may never have intended to deliberately mislead by falsely advertising, it may indeed have been the result of an unforeseen result in the massproduction process or whatever but they should still reduce the price a bit.

Back