Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'm glad I preordered 2 and may still pick up another one. The inaccuracies are very minor in my opinion. The height thing is just stupid. I mean everybody had to have seen the little disclaimer about it being a prototype and that the final version may be different right(regarding the Black next to the P1)? It looks to be less than an inch shorted, which means very little. He looks good next to the wolf and P2 Elder. So yeah, noobs if your thinking about canceling this because of all the static on here, I would highly discourage it. In hand, like all Hot Toys, this thing is gonna be awesome. And on top of that, it will rise in value, guaranteed. Everybody else making noise, relax. If you preordered and paid in full, frankly your a damn fool. Especially after only seeing a prototype. If you wanna cancel and can, go a head and do it. I can almost guarantee when these are sitting at $400 on ebay you'll regret it.
Just my two cents

Honestly before the prototype i had seen the height i was just feel ok to accept that and order one,after all now the final piece have come and the change height im totally more satisfaction and go straight ordering two without hesitate! :yess:

BUY NOW!
HOT TOYS BERSERKER PREDATOR - 1/6 figure
<a class="affiliatestyle"

Cheers for putting these up Devil, I was asked by some folks to post up the pics sans 'Toy World' logo, so here ya go-
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2679581#post2679581
......................................................................................

~Movie Masterpiece Series~

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Berserker Predator Collectible Figure from the Predators movie. The movie-accurate Berserker Predator collectible is specially crafted based on its image in the movie, highlighting the newly sculpted and painted head and body armory, interchangeable open and closed mandibles, face mask and detailed weapons.

The 1/6th scale Berserker Predator Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Berserker Predator in the movie Predators
- Realistic and accurate 1/6th scale of 14 inches / 35 cm tall
- Over 22 points of articulations
- Newly sculpted and painted head and body armory
- Interchangeable open and closed mandibles
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Weapons:
- Articulated shoulder cannon
- Three (3) interchangeable metal blades of different lengths

Accessories:
- Leather-like skirt and straps
- One (1) pair of forearm armor with the right one for inserting blade
- Face mask with LED light-up function
- One (1) piece of bone trophies
- Figure stand with Berserker Predator nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Figure Sculpted by Joseph Tsang
- Figure Painted by Joseph Tsang

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

Release date: Q4 2010

Predators TM & © 2010 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.

I mean, they did say it was 14 inches tall. Not like they said it was going to be 15 or so. The picture could have been just plain wrong, and if the figure is 14 inches and still taller than Classic, I don't see the big problem with false advertising. The picture was just crappy and too many people believed what they saw versus what they read.

14" is the height of the older Predators right? (everything other than P1) Berserker does look to be about their height. But as I understand it those weren't realistic and accurate 1/6th scale either. So perhaps its not a case of Hot Toys deceiving customers as simply being mistaken in their belief that 14" for a Predator is true 1/6th??

I mean, they did say it was 14 inches tall. Not like they said it was going to be 15 or so. The picture could have been just plain wrong, and if the figure is 14 inches and still taller than Classic, I don't see the big problem with false advertising. The picture was just crappy and too many people believed what they saw versus what they read.

And what does this promo picture they used to sell the figure say?

20100712_bfe66d7b6c945307d48bB5ohTBIYcYEC.jpg

This is one of the few instances where their prototype was better than the final result. It isn't the first Predator they made so how can they come back and say the size issue happened in production? Don't they do production samples like other companies?

And what does this promo picture they used to sell the figure say?

20100712_bfe66d7b6c945307d48bB5ohTBIYcYEC.jpg

This is one of the few instances where their prototype was better than the final result. It isn't the first Predator they made so how can they come back and say the size issue happened in production? Don't they do production samples like other companies?

It says "Realistic" just like the product description. It doesn't say anything about inches so for all we know the Classic they are showing there is 12 inches tall.

Personally, I'm glad I preordered 2 and may still pick up another one. The inaccuracies are very minor in my opinion. The height thing is just stupid. I mean everybody had to have seen the little disclaimer about it being a prototype and that the final version may be different right(regarding the Black next to the P1)? It looks to be less than an inch shorted, which means very little. He looks good next to the wolf and P2 Elder. So yeah, noobs if your thinking about canceling this because of all the static on here, I would highly discourage it. In hand, like all Hot Toys, this thing is gonna be awesome. And on top of that, it will rise in value, guaranteed. Everybody else making noise, relax. If you preordered and paid in full, frankly your a damn fool. Especially after only seeing a prototype. If you wanna cancel and can, go a head and do it. I can almost guarantee when these are sitting at $400 on ebay you'll regret it.
Just my two cents

you are using the word "noobs" yet you only joined a month ago? an by the way... why would you want 3 of these? are you Hot Toys "damage" control?

you are using the word "noobs" yet you only joined a month ago? an by the way... why would you want 3 of these? are you Hot Toys "damage" control?

gotta love A&R section. :banghead

I'm here for the Predators movie, don't mind me, please keep the kids off my back, I lift heavy stuff everyday :lecture

I've only been here a short while. I'm not a major HT or 1/6 scale collector but I'm pretty big into preds. "Noobs" wasn't meant to be offensive, simply those new to collecting HT's or 1/6 scale in general. I have a HT pred collection that is sitting at 11 pieces. The earliest being P2. There is no better representation of predators on the market, period. The statues are fine but only sit there. The smaller scale are ok but regardless of what anyone says, if they could afford a HT pred, they would have it instead of the 6 inch scale. Bottom line is Hot Toys is the best on the market when it comes to 1/6 scale. You can't argue that, it is simple fact. If somebody comes a long and does it better, I'll probably jump ship in an instant. Its simply not the case at the moment and doesn't look to be the case in the near future.

As to three preds. First, I really enjoyed the movie. Second as a collector I benefit from the line selling well. Third, as a customizer, its easier to by them "cheap" then try and get parts off of here or the bay.

You're assuming they didn't increase production size for Predators based on how well previous predators sold.

Frankly I don't think it matters. Look at the Lost Pred. He is by far the weakest selling pred and after what, a year and a half since his release, you can't find a new one for under $200. Hell the used ones are right around there as well. I don't think HT messes with the run total very often. I don't think it would be cost effective.

I still doubt that hot toys will actually give a reply on facebook , even after all 106 negative comments

i suppose on the bright side, everything still "works" on the Berzerker... the body may have shrunk, but everything fits like it should...

is that a good thing or a fishy thing?

For those who are that narked - cancel preorders. That's the best way to make an impact.

I'll play devils advocate - this IS the first true 1/6 scale Predator. Brian Steele (Berserker / Falconer) is 6' 7", so he's about 7" in costume; 14" is spot on.

ALL THE OTHER HT PREDS are undersized; Kevin Hall and Ian Whyte would, I guess, be closer to 7 1/2' in costume, which would entail a 15" figure.

i think it looks awesome and really looking forward to getting it although who knows how long it'll be before csc gets/ships it!!!!

The figure is still big, and i mean even Falconer didn't look super tall when battling the Yakuza.

The thing i don't get is why haven't people gone this retarded over War Machines really dim lit eyes? or lack of markings?, that is a much bigger issue to me if i had interest in that figure, that is.

Yeah I understand much of the complaints here, yet I for one think that this is still an amazing figure. The inaccuracies are really insignificant if you ask me.

Height looks fine to me even though it may not be exactly what everyone was hoping for. Face sculpt looks great to me. Dreads seem to hang better than any previous preds released so that's great.

All in all I think the vast majority of complainers here will end up keeping there orders and loving the figure.

I'm still on the fence though if I will keep my order as I'm not sure it will fit with the rest of my collection and I've also got a TON of other stuff in the coming months as it is. We'll see, in the end I probably won't be able to resist.

For those who are that narked - cancel preorders. That's the best way to make an impact.

I'll play devils advocate - this IS the first true 1/6 scale Predator. Brian Steele (Berserker / Falconer) is 6' 7", so he's about 7" in costume; 14" is spot on.

ALL THE OTHER HT PREDS are undersized; Kevin Hall and Ian Whyte would, I guess, be closer to 7 1/2' in costume, which would entail a 15" figure.

an actor's height does not necessarily reflect a character's height.

Back