Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we should make a petition to baloo :lol

What we'd need is someone who already has the Gargoyles intact. Probably the best way to get an accurate pair of shades that also fits. Not quite sure how to go about fashioning my own pair from scratch; my sculpting skills aren't really in miniature accessories :pray:.

it's normal: it is a place where the "flash jacket" is closed.

opened_chest.jpg

we should make a petition to baloo :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture
:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Im pretty sure baloo could make these.

stevie_wonder.gif

they are cool if you want to have a Stevie Wonder figure.

gargoyles are NOT flat. they are bent around the head. (don't know how to explain this). and look how much they are bent.

Gargoyles-3346016A-rw-37774-42535.jpg

that, plus their 4-corners square shape, makes any round/flat sunglasses to be impossible as an exchange.

p.s. i just checked all ebay results for "1/6 sunglasses". nothing's even close. it's better to make them yourself. if i didn't have them, i'd try to do something. it's better than get anything else and persuade yourself "well i won't look at any movie shots and will think it's ok".
IMHO.

Yup.
They bend around the side of the head.
I believe the terminator purposely chose this design to hide the endo eye from all angles - front and side views.

OK guys enough is enough obviously we are all in the same boat. Lets just get together and commission someone to make us these damn gargoyle glasses properly.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

On an accessory-related note, does anyone know of some good 1/6 gloved hands that are compatible with the new T1 body? I could use the hands that came with Tech Noir, but if I can go for total accuracy (minus the Endo eye), why not?

EDIT: Has anyone used 1/6 gloves and slid them over a pair of 1/6 hands?

Last edited:
Found these glasses in my parts box. Don't remember where I got them from as I've had them for years. Now just waiting for my T1 T-800.

100_4865.jpg

100_4870.jpg

100_4868.jpg

Sideshow GI Joe.

Know of a place that sells the hands seperately? Can't find any 1/6 gloved hands that actually look leathery and aren't open-fingered -- and have just a simple black glove design.

EDIT: Cobra hands look great, but they all seem to be left-handed.

lefttrigger.jpg

Last edited:
Know of a place that sells the hands seperately? Can't find any 1/6 gloved hands that actually look leathery and aren't open-fingered -- and have just a simple black glove design.

I bought these from Toy Anxiety a few months ago. Only other place I know of is ebay.

Some have you really have given up on any more Terminator figures from Hot Toys haven't you.

Yeah, I don't get it.

It's not like the Tech Noir figure has been out for years either. The figure is only a few months old and we started seeing Police Shootout kit bashes almost as soon as in hand pics were revealed. People seem to be more excited about the leather jacket and sunglasses options then the punk look itself. While that's the nature of the beast, people haven't even given any thought to just being patient. They "gotta have it now". To think of all the years we've waited for official T1 figures with an actual Arnold likeness.

I'm confident Hot Toys will put one out themselves. The demand is most definitely there. Remember when the Tech Noir was first announced with specs and pics? People went nuts on Hot Toys' facebook page, "WHERE'S THE SUNGLASSES LOOK!?!?!"

I know they saw it and I know they know that Arnold sells and I also know that NECA is making one. I think the chances of getting a Police Shootout/Battle Damaged T-800 from them is better than anyone finding someone who would be willing to make casts of the oversized MMS 02 gargoyles.

While I think the kit bashes are awesome, there's just something about the bloody head and half-assed sunglasses that doesn't do it for me. I really think that you're better off just waiting, and while you wait enjoy the T2 and Tech Noir goodness.

Patience.

Back