Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have you really have given up on any more Terminator figures from Hot Toys haven't you.

I think that became apparent when those of us without an MMS02 hit the Bay for parts. But hey, if HT ever teases/announces a legit Police Station Shootout T-800, my custom will simply hit the secondary market before word gets out.
:chew
Incidentally, that's also my plan if HT ever decides to update and remake their old Predators... :pray: I have some oldies as you know, but it seems I've caught the accuracy bug -- and that P2 just won't cut it.

I'd sooner rather see a chromed Endo and Kyle Reese before they make alternate versions of Arnie. If they ever make a BD T2 T-800, notice how they took care of other characters first.

Yeah, I don't get it.

It's not like the Tech Noir figure has been out for years either. The figure is only a few months old and we started seeing Police Shootout kit bashes almost as soon as in hand pics were revealed. People seem to be more excited about the leather jacket and sunglasses options then the punk look itself. While that's the nature of the beast, people haven't even given any thought to just being patient. They "gotta have it now". To think of all the years we've waited for official T1 figures with an actual Arnold likeness.

I'm confident Hot Toys will put one out themselves. The demand is most definitely there. Remember when the Tech Noir was first announced with specs and pics? People went nuts on Hot Toys' facebook page, "WHERE'S THE SUNGLASSES LOOK!?!?!"

I know they saw it and I know they know that Arnold sells and I also know that NECA is making one. I think the chances of getting a Police Shootout/Battle Damaged T-800 from them is better than anyone finding someone who would be willing to make casts of the oversized MMS 02 gargoyles.

While I think the kit bashes are awesome, there's just something about the bloody head and half-assed sunglasses that doesn't do it for me. I really think that you're better off just waiting, and while you wait enjoy the T2 and Tech Noir goodness.

Patience.

:lecture If I really thought HT was done with Terminator I'd be jumping on this custom Police shootout bandwagon myself but I am 90% sure an official figure is going to happen. I'm customising and piecing together everything but a Police shootout T-800 and a BD T2 because I believe those figures will be made. Its just inconceivable to me that they'd drop it at this point. I know theres the Ror....Rorschach?-the incomplete Watchmen line but Terminator is a bit more mainstream and a more guaranteed seller so I don't think that example need apply here.

As for patience...well not going ahead with my own renditions of the so far unmade figures is my way of showing patience. People would get the opposite impression of me though based on my many-time postings of "Where are they Hot Toyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzehh?:gah:"

I'm not criticising anyone whose doing police shootout bashes by the way - just wondering why some seem to have already given up on HT.

It'll come .. it'll come..
considering that the lines that were cut short almost always was the result of the first figure not selling well I see no problems with T1/T2 lines at all.

I'm actually 90% sure we will NOT get another T1 version. IF they do a DX then i think it could be possible. It's an excuse to redo old figures... otherwise, #2 figure or not, the old BD T-800 from T8 is what we are getting.

Knowing HT's track record with finishing lines I really think and am willing to put it on record we will not be seeing any more T1 Arnolds.

well..making a custom sometimes is not getting impatience for the figure to be made but for me..it's fun..i want to push myself the best I can to have the best figure for myself...not really worrying what it will cost after I modified it or whatever..I started collecting because I love it and it makes me happy..:hi5:...if HT does make the police station shootout..then I'll just get one...:)

I'm actually 90% sure we will NOT get another T1 version. IF they do a DX then i think it could be possible. It's an excuse to redo old figures... otherwise, #2 figure or not, the old BD T-800 from T8 is what we are getting.

Knowing HT's track record with finishing lines I really think and am willing to put it on record we will not be seeing any more T1 Arnolds.

Party pooper :(

well..making a custom sometimes is not getting impatience for the figure to be made but for me..it's fun..i want to push myself the best I can to have the best figure for myself...not really worrying what it will cost after I modified it or whatever..I started collecting because I love it and it makes me happy..:hi5:...if HT does make the police station shootout..then I'll just get one...:)

Right on, right on. I just wanted to try making a custom for once, thought it'd be cool for me to put together a figure the way I wanted it. Yeah, it's expensive, but we all know 90% of the people on eBay aren't clued in to the latest collectible news, so if worst comes to worst (or best comes to best, depending on how you think)... :D :monkey3 Yep.

Party pooper :(

arnold_schwarzenegger_in_kindergarten_cop.jpg

Can I just post a follow up saying i HOPE I'm wrong :(

I love the Tech Noir but the leather jacket and shades Terminator from the first movie is what is really the all time most iconic look for the terminator IMO. Hell that IS the terminator!

Can I just post a follow up saying i HOPE I'm wrong :(

I love the Tech Noir but the leather jacket and shades Terminator from the first movie is what is really the all time most iconic look for the terminator IMO. Hell that IS the terminator!

I dont agree.
Tech-Noir look is more iconic and more menancing if you ask me.:nana:

Mark my words BD T-800 T1 & T2 will come :D
Considering that HT is foremost a business with the purpose to make money for Mr. Howard Chan and feed all his staff, again it's just reasonable to drop Watchmen, Matrix and whatever onesies they started and just did not see supporting salesfigures.
Hottoys are not run by wizards so they try different licenses and push them as far as money seems to be flowing and like Batman, Terminator has pushed the numbers far and further (T2 T-800 surprised even HT resulting in the rare occurrence of an unplanned extra batch) so there is no reason to stop here and now. Yes they may call them DX so to seem to have principles but in the end its money that drives this and most any company. Sales of T1 T-800 may not be as high as T2 but it still sold out fast.
Furthermore if I were HT and see the insane prices on eBay this quickly (causing even more collectors to stock up multiples for the sake of profit lateron) and inventory selling out as fast as they do these days AND the fact that HT don't publish edition sizes I would create extra batches where I see fit to make sure I make the extra money and not so much the ever growing scalping market

Last edited:
The thing is Hot Toys has SO SO SO SO many lisences that they have yet to make a figure for. Matrix, CR Supes, Burton Bat, Avatar,Captain America, Sucker Punch....the list is too long. If they revisit Terminator it will be later on, much later. They have too much on their plates than to make BD figures for already released figures.

The trouble for me is I want them announced and shown now and yet truthfully, since I've been buying so much stuff in the meantime (opening my ebay purchasing account was a mistake!!) - I could do with them not showing up for quite some months yet.

Yeah, I don't get it.

It's not like the Tech Noir figure has been out for years either. The figure is only a few months old and we started seeing Police Shootout kit bashes almost as soon as in hand pics were revealed. People seem to be more excited about the leather jacket and sunglasses options then the punk look itself. While that's the nature of the beast, people haven't even given any thought to just being patient. They "gotta have it now". To think of all the years we've waited for official T1 figures with an actual Arnold likeness.

I'm confident Hot Toys will put one out themselves. The demand is most definitely there. Remember when the Tech Noir was first announced with specs and pics? People went nuts on Hot Toys' facebook page, "WHERE'S THE SUNGLASSES LOOK!?!?!"

I know they saw it and I know they know that Arnold sells and I also know that NECA is making one. I think the chances of getting a Police Shootout/Battle Damaged T-800 from them is better than anyone finding someone who would be willing to make casts of the oversized MMS 02 gargoyles.

While I think the kit bashes are awesome, there's just something about the bloody head and half-assed sunglasses that doesn't do it for me. I really think that you're better off just waiting, and while you wait enjoy the T2 and Tech Noir goodness.

Patience.

:lecture If I really thought HT was done with Terminator I'd be jumping on this custom Police shootout bandwagon myself but I am 90% sure an official figure is going to happen. I'm customising and piecing together everything but a Police shootout T-800 and a BD T2 because I believe those figures will be made. Its just inconceivable to me that they'd drop it at this point. I know theres the Ror....Rorschach?-the incomplete Watchmen line but Terminator is a bit more mainstream and a more guaranteed seller so I don't think that example need apply here.

As for patience...well not going ahead with my own renditions of the so far unmade figures is my way of showing patience. People would get the opposite impression of me though based on my many-time postings of "Where are they Hot Toyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzehh?:gah:"

I'm not criticising anyone whose doing police shootout bashes by the way - just wondering why some seem to have already given up on HT.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Im with you guys on this one.
I have all the parts to make a Police Shootout kit bash but to be honest, im in no rush to put it together.
Im just going to wait for Hot Toys to bring us an official one.
I will then use my parts for other kitbashes I have in mind.
So come on HTs, hurry up and announce it already:impatient::impatient::impatient:

I'm using my MMS02 parts elsewhere. The jacket has gone to my eventual film poster recreation figure - its using a Billy Sole body and I've got incoming T1 pants and boots for the rest of the outfit. His torso is nude in the poster other than the jacket. After that it awaits only a head, preferably an exposed endo-eye sculpt and brand new HT gargoyles, and a way to attach that head to the Billy Sole body.

The MMS02 vest went to my eye surgery figure with bandaged up arm and hand. This one would really benefit from a sink/mirror diorama.

The MMS02 trousers are currently on my arm surgery figure but may swap out for my film poster figure if the new pants prove too big for the Billy Sole body.

Back