Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those getting the police shootout are you going to display it with the Oakleys on or with the endoeye exposed instead?

I may take off the shirt and just have the leather jacket with the pistol from this version like the poster.

I may take off the shirt and just have the leather jacket with the pistol from this version like the poster.

I hope Hot Toys includes another pair of Oakleys with CSM-101 on the lens just for this pose. :bounce

those getting the police shootout are you going to display it with the Oakleys on or with the endoeye exposed instead?
I'll display one police assault with Gargoyles one, and one with them off, one police assault outfit with Gargoyles and no shirt to simulate movie poster, one with head sculpt after he gets run over by truck, one "clean" Tech Noir, one version doing surgery to his arm. Possibly a Tech Noir outfit with singed eyebrows and non-damaged eye if released. Seriously. I will sell my other pricey figures to get all the different versions of this character. ____ Jack Sparrow, Uncle Bob, Robocop, Batman, and everything else.

Terminator, _____es.

I'll display one police assault with Gargoyles one, and one with them off, one police assault outfit with Gargoyles and no shirt to simulate movie poster, one with head sculpt after he gets run over by truck, one "clean" Tech Noir, one version doing surgery to his arm. Possibly a Tech Noir outfit with singed eyebrows and non-damaged eye if released. Seriously. I will sell my other pricey figures to get all the different versions of this character. ____ Jack Sparrow, Uncle Bob, Robocop, Batman, and everything else.

Terminator, _____es.

ixuon9.jpg

He'd be proud.

I won't put a nude one on display, though :lol

I said this before, and it still holds--I may well sell my 2 remaining Uncle Bobs, my t-1000 donut headsculpt, and cancel my T-1000 pre-order. Now that I know for sure we're getting T1, I just don't care that much for keeping the T2 stuff. I still like the movie, but I can live without it now. In fact, I could easily sell a big chunk of my other collectibles because I know they are gonna play second fiddle to the T1 stuff. What use is Blade or Wolverine when you have the goddamn Terminator? No use, that's what.

I won't put a nude one on display, though :lol

I said this before, and it still holds--I may well sell my 2 remaining Uncle Bobs, my t-1000 donut headsculpt, and cancel my T-1000 pre-order. Now that I know for sure we're getting T1, I just don't care that much for keeping the T2 stuff. I still like the movie, but I can live without it now. In fact, I could easily sell a big chunk of my other collectibles because I know they are gonna play second fiddle to the T1 stuff. What use is Blade or Wolverine when you have the goddamn Terminator? No use, that's what.

Exactly, sell that other stuff before T2. T1/T2 is all i'll have in my collection one day. It just takes a little time. You need to keep some T2 faith, brutha.

if license fee is causing increase in T1 products, can Hot Toys do a Reese from Termintator 2 instead of Terminator 1 to keep the price lower?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I just noticed that the DX Bruce Lee, is only $4 more through Alter Ego.
9b12803938524c51427cb0d99.jpg

18b12853181734c9c661d2fa9e.jpg

So where is my Tech Noir light-up diorama?:dunno The Bruce has 14 hands, two outfits, more accessories, and two dioramas.
Had to throw this out again. Seriously though, we should complain to prevent this in the future.

Had to throw this out again. Seriously though, we should complain to prevent this in the future.

No matter how much you complain they will never listen to you about the price. Why would they? Almost everything they release instantly sells out and has people begging for more. You are a broken record. If you don't want to pay the price then don't collect.

I'm totally with you man! We are getting raped on the price of this figure NO MATTER WHERE YOU ORDER IT FROM. Bruce Lee comes with a buttload of more stuff and they cost nearly the same. HT seriously needs to throw in some stuff like the Godfather backdrop was to help justify their pricing on this. :lecture

People are gonna pay it. Therefore, Hot Toys is gonna charge it. This probably does go beyond simple cost and has something to do with estimated popularity based on sales of Uncle Bob. But that's business for you and that's just how the world works. Just like people were complaining about the DX02 quality issues, it doesn't matter so long as Hot Toys makes fantastic figures that people are willing to spend vast sums of money on. The complaining about price is not gonna affect Hot Toys selling out.

Who knows how much of it is driven by Hot Toys either, they don't sell direct, so it could be all the retailers. Granted, the starting price to retailers is probably higher.

Toys2 is charging only $10 more for this than the T2 T-800, yet Sideshow is charging $30 more.

Back