Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something every Terminator should carry ...

sarah-id.jpg

Saved! And thank you.

Yes, quality does cost money. But I can get a Barney Ross figure or a T2 T-800 figure for $25 less and still have the same quality, with perhaps more bang for the buck. There is a difference between paying for quality and paying to line HT's pockets.

How big a price gap do you think there will be between Barney and Tech Noir in two years time? My guess is it will be more than $25, and that will not be filling Hot Toys' pockets

How big a price gap do you think there will be between Barney and Tech Noir in two years time? My guess is it will be more than $25, and that will not be filling Hot Toys' pockets

My guess is $300-$400 in a couple years. Even the Predator has almost tripled over the past 2 years.

Yes, quality does cost money. But I can get a Barney Ross figure or a T2 T-800 figure for $25 less and still have the same quality, with perhaps more bang for the buck. There is a difference between paying for quality and paying to line HT's pockets.

I believe it was on the Barney Ross thread were the actual HT cost was posted. HT cost was $110 and SS mark up took it to $170. It is the cost of doing business utilizing a middleman to distribute product, each need their piece of the pie to stay in business.

Personally, I think $170 (Ross) and $200 (Terminator) is excessive, neither is worth more than $170. However, if I am willing to pay $170 (Ross) then $200 (Terminator) is reasonable IMO. Terminator comes with a 2nd head sculpt and new arm sculpt which equals about $15 for the 2nd head sculpt and $15 for robotic arm. I doubt I would find either parted out for that amount. That was the reasoning beyond my choice right or wrong. :dunno

The T1 T800 is literally twice as cool (or more) than 99% of all figures ever made. If price is really an issue sell two lesser figures for $100 each and get the Terminator. For literally no additional charge your overall collection just got that much cooler.

Want this head next...

2256410-terminator-1.jpg

now this is going be an issue... that make-up effect looks fake in the film - the robot eye is obviously taped over arnie's real eye(cameron had to work with low budget then). so now, do you want ht to make the fig look accurate to that photo above, or should ht make it look more 'real'(thus less accurate to the film)?

This is my most awaited figure ever and it looks superb. Except one thing. The burnt off eyebrow on his right side is still there except flesh coloured. Hope they address this before release.

now this is going be an issue... that make-up effect looks fake in the film - the robot eye is obviously taped over arnie's real eye(cameron had to work with low budget then). so now, do you want ht to make the fig look accurate to that photo above, or should ht make it look more 'real'(thus less accurate to the film)?

I say a middle ground, don't go too far with adding muscle and things between his skin and the Endo, but don't mimic the prosthetic over the real face too. I feel the same for T2 BD, take the basic damage design, but just sculpt it so the Endo beneath lines up with where Arnie's real skull would be.

Unless there are details revealed on the licensing fees all this talk about price is going nowhere.

The fact that this is actually getting made this soon at the height of the T2 Hot Toys is pretty cool.

The T1 T800 is literally twice as cool (or more) than 99% of all figures ever made. If price is really an issue sell two lesser figures for $100 each and get the Terminator. For literally no additional charge your overall collection just got that much cooler.

Another perfectly said quote. :exactly:

Also (imo) the spare sculpt will fetch about $50-$60 on Ebay.

$25 less Whooa baby!!! Big savings there! :cuckoo::cuckoo: Hot Toy's pockets = quality. :lecture

This looks sick, head sculpt is unreal. But i doubt i'll buy it yet
I'd like to wait and hope Hot Toys will make a "Police Station Shoot Out" T-800 cuz THAT would be a must have for me, That scene is my favourite part! That for me would kick ass.
TERMSE_SIDEA-47.jpg

TERMSE_SIDEA-50.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Watched Terminator today and I've always really liked but now that there is a figure coming out, I enjoyed it a lot more. Weird.

Back