Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea for the Goblin figure: Buy the Harry headsculpt, buy a suit and a body:

Harry Osborn figure.

Harry Osborn was terrific in part two, and, honestly maybe even better in three.

Just his suit sucked. Normal Harry is terrific.

*Paraphrasing*

Mary Jane: I wish someone would just bop me on the head.

Harry: (Grinning like a 5 year old while eating cotton candy) "BOP!"

Parts were very well done but others not so much, especially when compared to roles Franco has done since

HT seem like a smart bunch.

Hot Toys is a smart bunch. They know if they release a black suit, which is exactly like a figure they have already produced except for the color, that people will buy the hell out of it. Seems like black would be much easier to produce than the red and blue. I'm even considering buying, but leaning toward pass. I have the red and blue on the way and red and blue is classic, iconic Spidey, which is all I need.

Hot Toys is a smart bunch. They know if they release a black suit, which is exactly like a figure they have already produced except for the color, that people will buy the hell out of it. Seems like black would be much easier to produce than the red and blue. I'm even considering buying, but leaning toward pass. I have the red and blue on the way and red and blue is classic, iconic Spidey, which is all I need.

I think Symbiote Spidey is pretty iconic too. I don't need Hot Toys making an Iron Spider or anything...though I might buy that too.

Spiderman Review/Evaluation.

1. Body: Black Adv. TT with slim forearms, Thigh muscle cover. As articulated as Adv. TT. What might be new are the ankles.
2. Clothing: Double layered spandex material, inner spandex is black. Single piece, with only the break at the wrists. Clothing offers no resistance very stretchable. Amazing tailoring and webbing. Great attention to detail on the printing of scale patterns on the spandex, it's not a single pattern being repeated, but pattern that actually follows the contures of the body. Must be some unique process, I'd say webbing and scale pattern is printed before sewing
3. You can pop spidey's eyes out to re-adjust the webbing and insert back.

Conclusion: Nothing new on the body, great tailoring. Wrap an Adv. TT in spandex (greatly tailored/made one) and you'll have a Spiderman.

Edit:

4. The lower legs: the interface between blue/red fabric is a break point of the fabric as well as the lower-leg. The red/blue fabric are pinched together by the two parts of the lower leg.

IMGP8960a.JPG

IMGP8931a.JPG

IMGP8924a.JPG

IMGP8908a.JPG

IMGP8937a.JPG

https://figuremaniac.blogspot.com/2011/07/hot-toys-spider-man-3-spider-man-part-2.html

https://figuremaniac.blogspot.com/2011/07/hot-toys-spider-man-3-spider-man.html

Just canceled my order with SS Flexpay....if it makes one of the true collectors here happy (with a waitlist conversion), then the cancelation fee will be less painful :)

Just canceled my order with SS Flexpay....if it makes one of the true collectors here happy (with a waitlist conversion), then the cancelation fee will be less painful :)

I'm hoping mine converts! I just jumped on the list a few days ago though.

Was there a NRD with this one?

Back