Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The classic Spidey is just awesome from Spiderman 3. I am just having a hard time liking the the new "modern" suit.
spidey1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

photos from rottentomatoes.com

Spidermans new outfit is FAR better than this below

the-dark-knight-rises-set-photos-of-bane.jpg

Meh. People _____ all the time about changes to the status quo. People _____ed about the Joker depiction when it was first shown as well. I'm sure in a year people will be creaming over both the new Spidey suit and Bane's look

Random pics i found

Spiderman_3.jpg

hotToysSpiderman2.jpg

artoftoy_2168_13477661

Very nice, very nice. You know what bugs me though? Couldn't Hot Toys had made the stitching in the head a bit more to the right (or left) and hidden under one of the silver webbing lining? I find it hard to believe that you overlook this possibility.

Meh. People _____ all the time about changes to the status quo. People _____ed about the Joker depiction when it was first shown as well. I'm sure in a year people will be creaming over both the new Spidey suit and Bane's look
Particularly when they see Bane ripping up that photo with extreme prejudice!

Seriously though, I may enjoy the Spidey movie, but I can't imagine I'm gonna become a fan of the costume. There are certain characters, and Spidey and Superman are included, where you can only do so much without it bugging the ____ out of me. I never cared for electricity Superman, or 90s Superboy, or the 1,000s of non-Symbiote Spidey variations over the years, and I don't suspect I'll ever care for basketball Spidey or Jim Lee techno-Supes/Grant Morrison "man of the people" Supes, either.

I liked the new Spiderman outfit since it was first shown. The Joker looked like The Joker in almost every way. Bane? Bane and Venom both have the "I should be a hell of alot bigger yet i'm not" vibe. People still _____ed about Venom because the movie sucked. Bane just looks...ugh. Make him bigger and i'll be fine. If they don't omg.:(

Anyway, before someone comes along with the
"isn't this a Spiderman 3 figure thread?" post, I hope this figure's joints never get loose or break inside the costume. That's 70% of the reason i'm getting two of them from CSC.

Particularly when they see Bane ripping up that photo with extreme prejudice!

Seriously though, I may enjoy the Spidey movie, but I can't imagine I'm gonna become a fan of the costume. There are certain characters, and Spidey and Superman are included, where you can only do so much without it bugging the ____ out of me. I never cared for electricity Superman, or 90s Superboy, or the 1,000s of non-Symbiote Spidey variations over the years, and I don't suspect I'll ever care for basketball Spidey or Jim Lee techno-Supes/Grant Morrison "man of the people" Supes, either.

I agree with this. Even if I like the movie I still won't really care for the costume. Although I do see a bit of Ben Reily Spiderman costume, which I liked, in the design on a whole it just doesn't do much for me.

Its like Fred Molina Doc Ock. I liked him in the role but the design was terrible and I would never want it on my shelves.

The new costume looks to take from the comic "Spider-Man: With Great Power" directly with a little of Miles Tevas thrown in:

temp2523.jpg

lance-toile.jpg

new-spidey.jpg

I have a feeling the "basketball" look will come from functionality more than anything with regards to how Peter got the suit.

I'm fine with it. It leaves the Tobey look firmly in place as it's own and moves forward. I wouldn't want Christian Bale running around in Adam West's suit. :dunno

I can't wait to have that figure and this awesome Tobey figure on my shelves.

I'm fine with it. It leaves the Tobey look firmly in place as it's own and moves forward. I wouldn't want Christian Bale running around in Adam West's suit. :dunno
But Batman's suit has been far less static over the years than Spidey or Superman. Obviously, all these characters' costumes have changed, but Batman went from his 40s look to the classic blue and gray that inspired West, to the more iconic Neal Adams style look, to Year One and Dark Knight Returns to Burton's Batman to modern comic Batman to Bale Batman, and they were all pretty significantly different from one another, and all had an impact on pop culture and fandom in such a way that they were all treated as legitimate and iconic looks.

Superman looks different from his first appearances in the 40s of course, but his look stayed pretty similar from the 60s on apart from brief (and regrettable) forays into electricity, or cloning, or whatever. The Jim Lee look will soon go the way of electricity Supes, I suspect. Minor changes, but all the major components remained--blue suit, red cape, s-symbol, red undies, red boots, yellow belt. Same with Spidey IMO. I guess I see those characters as maintaining a more singular, iconic look that shouldn't be ____ed with so much. Like I said before, I'll watch the movie and, I'm sure, enjoy it or fail to enjoy it on its own merits (I've got enough objectivity to accept X-Men First Class as being one of the best superhero movies ever despite the generous liberties it took across the board). But it just isn't a Spiderman look I'm gonna care for unless it sticks fairly closely to that distinctive look that he's maintained more or less for 50 years.

How dare you goad me into a theMike length post, by the way? :mad:

bottom line is no matter how much people cry about how they destroyed Spidey's look, there's really no confusing who he is when you still see the suit and I can't wait to have this version alone with the version this thread's about
TheAmazingSpiderMan_Display_Blog.jpg

bottom line is no matter how much people cry about how they destroyed Spidey's look, there's really no confusing who he is when you still see the suit and I can't wait to have this version alone with the version this thread's about
TheAmazingSpiderMan_Display_Blog.jpg

Thats actually not bad at all it kinda has that alex ross feel to it. The only thing that bugs me about the fig is the belt and the eye size but thats it.

interesting, i thought they made the suit for the movie out of scratch, good to know that there was at least some kind of inspiration for it

oh btw, does anyone have any idea of when hot toys will announce the black suit spidey?

Last edited:
This figure is great but I think it will look dated when the other comes out. The fabric on this guy is pretty drab looking.

Back