Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do really think all this 3D is BS.

All these new 3D movies and yet not one that matches the level of excellence of Avatar. Strictly in terms of how good the 3D looks.

I wanted to see Thor in 2D.

same here. if i go a 2nd time, definitely 2D. the 3D seemed kinda blurry in places, especially when the action moved really quickly. but i'm really not convinced 3D is quite there yet when they do it in post-production, for any film. i thought it would be a fad, but it's not going away. which is why i hope they gradually improve things.

I do really think all this 3D is BS.

All these new 3D movies and yet not one that matches the level of excellence of Avatar. Strictly in terms of how good the 3D looks.

I wanted to see Thor in 2D.

I definitely agree!
It was only because they didn't show the 2D version here that I went to see Thor in 3D.

I think it's all because the studios were loosing money on piracy before 3D came along.
3D is getting pushed so much now even on home entertainment. I don't want a Samsung 3D TV but I have one. Have I watched anything in 3D on it yet? No.

I like 3D in the theaters but not enough to buy a 3D TV. My samsung HDTV looks so good with Blu Ray that I'm just not interested or bit by the 3D tv bug yet. I mean Blu ray 1080P on my samsung practically looks 3D as far as depth of the images.

I am a huge supporter of good, real 3D.

My 3D TV at home kicks ass with 3D content, if anything i'm starved for more good, real 3D content.

When done right, I love it.

I wish that Thor and Cap were real 3D instead of post conversion but what are you going to do, can't cry over spilt 3D :lol

What's more important for me is that Thor is a good movie even in 2D, that's what really matters at the end of the day.

If it has so so 3D, that's just something i'll enjoy later on with the Blu-Ray at home.

For the movie theater, I'll be more than happy with watching it in 2D.

The midnight show is only in 3D and that's fine for me, any viewings after the 1st one will be the 2D version.

That's the thing, as far as I can see, Avatar is the only one to do it right!

Not really...

I'm not here to discuss movie story quality....just 3D quality...remember that...:lol

Not just Avatar was shot with real 3D cameras, so where:

All the Imax docs (Hubble is amazing)
Step Up 3D (3D actually better than Avatar some say, I agree).
Resident Evil Afterlife
My Bloody Valentine
Most of the animated movies were created as if shot in real 3D, like Tangled, Monsters vs Aliens, Polar Express, Legend of the Guardians, How to Train your Dragon, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Christmas Carol, Ice Age, Shrek etc

As far as post coversion, I believe Alice in Wonderland is the best out there, almost looks like it was shot with a 3D camera, with Piranha a close 2nd.

Not certain about Green Hornet.

Not really...

I'm not here to discuss movie story quality....just 3D quality...remember that...:lol

Not just Avatar was shot with real 3D cameras, so where:

All the Imax docs (Hubble is amazing)
Step Up 3D (3D actually better than Avatar some say, I agree).
Resident Evil Afterlife
My Bloody Valentine
Most of the animated movies were created as if shot in real 3D, like Tangled, Monsters vs Aliens, Polar Express, Legend of the Guardians, How to Train your Dragon, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Christmas Carol, Ice Age, Shrek etc

As far as post coversion, I believe Alice in Wonderland is the best out there, almost looks like it was shot with a 3D camera, with Piranha a close 2nd.

Not certain about Green Hornet.

I was only on referring to the use of 3D! :)

I am basing this opinion only seeing Avatar, Tron and Thor in 3D and only Avatar did it for me 3D wise.

I've heard that Step Up 3D worked rather well.
And there's a new arty movie Pina which is supposed to be really good with the 3D.

But it's gonna take a massive wave of actually good films that I want to see to convince me that 3D is the way forward.

I was only on referring to the use of 3D! :)

I am basing this opinion only seeing Avatar, Tron and Thor in 3D and only Avatar did it for me 3D wise.

I've heard that Step Up 3D worked rather well.
And there's a new arty movie Pina which is supposed to be really good with the 3D.

But it's gonna take a massive wave of actually good films that I want to see to convince me that 3D is the way forward.

Crap, I forgot Tron :lol

Ohhhhh.......I get what you're saying now....the USE of 3D, not the 3D quality itself :slap

What didn't you say so......:tap

:lol

I've only seen Tron and Resident Evil in 3d. I just can't justify spending the money on most movies in 3d. Tron was pretty great, bu Resident Evil was what I expected. Since Thor is only available in 3D I have no choice this weekend.

Sent from the ice planet Hoth on my fancy iPhone.

i liked Green Hornet in 3D but i think the story had more to do with that than the actual visuals.

Hairlesswookie, thats harsh that you have no other choices close by.

Back