Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The under clothes don't really show.
You just need to use one of the extra sets of gloved hands.
And a pair of boots.
Im still trying to trackdown some boots mmyself

I just picked up one of these on ebay last night, took me long enough haha... anyway, I've seen people on here display both outfits/heads as two different figures... my question is, what exactly do I need besides the blank/naked body to do this myself? or is that all I need?

Don't really use E-Bay much. But I saw this for a decent price from several seller in Taiwan. Anyone heard any issues buying from Taiwanese sellers?

Do you have a link to the listing? You should look at their feedback and previous sales. I've bought stuff from China, parts mostly, never really figures, some guys are legit but you have to be careful of others.

I've ordered parts from Taiwan, Malaysia and China and I got them with no issues, they were legit...though it usually takes roughly a month (sometimes more) for them to get to me. I seen the cheaper Red Skull on there as well but opted for an in-states auction because while I trust them with small parts which aren't as easy to mess up in the mail, I don't trust international mail services to ship a box like that size and not bang it up.

Hey all. I'm looking to purchase one of these so if you have one for sale please Pm me. U.S Only please. Thanks! :wave

Some new head shots of Red Skull

DSCN0134_zps1d1e230b.jpg

DSCN0135_zpsa6e11325.jpg

RSCN0136_zpsa01b6998.jpg

The other day I was thinking about the prospect of adding Thanos to my villains collection but then it dawned on me that I only have one Marvel villain. I then started to think about the Infinity Stones and both trains of thought led me to Red Skull. After looking at this thread and OMG's picture thread I was convinced I had to get him. I was lucky enough to find him in the UK for a reasonable price and he came today. He's an awesome figure!

Some observations:

• The Shmidt head sculpt is amazing. Seriously, I didn't think much of it in the pictures but in hand it is so good! That said, I still had to swap it out and display with the Red Skull sculpt.
  • The tailoring on the coat is pretty good but damn, it was a tight squeeze to get it on and the belt was also a mission!
  • Removing the Schmidt head sculpt took a lot of effort and when it did come off it came off with the rounded part of the peg. Was this supposed to happen? I now can't quite connect the Red Skull sculpt so it's kind of just sitting in there. Any tips on how to get it on?
  • The Tesseract, whilst at its core is a cheap bit of plastic, looks realy really good! I'm a bit concerned about fingerprints though.
  • I wanted to display this guy with Tesseract in one hand and pistol in the other but sadly there are only two 'left' hands - one clenched and one open palm. A gun holding hand would have been nice :(

Despite the short comings, I'm really glad I picked him up and he looks great with Loki, Thor and Avengers Captain America. It gives a really nice synergy to my Marvel collection :)
    He will look ace flanking Thanos with Loki next yeaar (fingers crossed Skull will be back in the MCU!)

WP_20150107_004.jpg

WP_20150107_003.jpg

WP_20150107_011.jpg

WP_20150107_007.jpg

WP_20150107_019.jpg

Last edited:
Going to pick one up soon. But I'd like to display both options. What kind of body do I need to assemble the second one? There are so many different bodies :panic:

Back