Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has arrived!! First pic! :rock :rock :rock

1508569_318320828325417_4829896748584196562_n.jpg

HAIL HYDRA!!

nice work entity

Thank you! :duff

I'm sure no regrets. Congrats!

Thanks man! Definitely no regrets! Such an awesome figure with some great commanding shelf presence! :rock :rock

I read a couple of pages back that there is a hight difference between this one and other figs, but I really don't notice it in person. He fits right in with the other figs. Sure, Loki is taller, but he's an Asgardian/Jotun so that's entirely explainable, haha! :yess:

BTW, I was thinking yesterday when unpacking this figure; should they ever bring the Skull back in the movies and Hugo Weaving doesn't want to do it like he said a while back, they should totally hire Werner Herzog to do the voice work. Let someone else play the Skull on set, they can even make him look the same as in TFA, but now he's been through a wormhole to hell and back and he's a bit older, grittier, his voice has changed... Cue Werner Herzog. He even comes with the accent naturally, and he can sound pretty menacing like in Jack Reacher:

He starts at around 1:45 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhD0rRpMU0#t=105

Last edited:
BTW, I was thinking yesterday when unpacking this figure; should they ever bring the Skull back in the movies and Hugo Weaving doesn't want to do it like he said a while back, they should totally hire Werner Herzog to do the voice work. Let someone else play the Skull on set, they can even make him look the same as in TFA, but now he's been through a wormhole to hell and back and he's a bit older, grittier, his voice has changed... Cue Werner Herzog. He even comes with the accent naturally, and he can sound pretty menacing like in Jack Reacher:

He starts at around 1:45 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhD0rRpMU0

Just FYI. If you want a specific YT vid to play from a specific point(Like 1m45s in for example), at the end of the YT link, type #t= and the number of seconds you want. 1m45s is 105, so the link will be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhD0rRpMU0#t=105
And then, when you post the link, the vid will start at the pre-set time.
It's a handy thing to know for future reference.

Just FYI. If you want a specific YT vid to play from a specific point(Like 1m45s in for example), at the end of the YT link, type #t= and the number of seconds you want. 1m45s is 105, so the link will be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhD0rRpMU0#t=105
And then, when you post the link, the vid will start at the pre-set time.
It's a handy thing to know for future reference.

Thanks! I didn't know that! :hi5:

I edited the link but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps because it's between the [video] tags? So I put another seperate link beneath the video as well.

Thanks! I didn't know that! :hi5:

I edited the link but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps because it's between the [video] tags? So I put another seperate link beneath the video as well.

It won't work on embedded videos. Just on links. But it's a handy thing to know if you are sending a video to someone and only want them to watch from a specific timestamp.

Thanks man! Definitely no regrets! Such an awesome figure with some great commanding shelf presence! :rock :rock

I read a couple of pages back that there is a hight difference between this one and other figs, but I really don't notice it in person. He fits right in with the other figs. Sure, Loki is taller, but he's an Asgardian/Jotun so that's entirely explainable, haha! :yess:

One of the last good ones for a decent price. Enjoy!

I'm going to try the body swap because the height does bother me a little. Even though you don't mind it I'd still bump him up with long foot pegs. It's a real quick & easy way to gain 1/4"

:duh Thanks mate! Hahaha, all this time I've been doing [ EMBED ][ /EMBED ]

The second to last icon (to the left of the word bubble icon) on the top of the posting field is a video insert function :wink1:

One of the last good ones for a decent price. Enjoy!

I'm going to try the body swap because the height does bother me a little. Even though you don't mind it I'd still bump him up with long foot pegs. It's a real quick & easy way to gain 1/4"

The second to last icon (to the left of the word bubble icon) on the top of the posting field is a video insert function :wink1:

yeah I might bump up the height also, didnt even think of doing it until a few pages back

yeah I might bump up the height also, didnt even think of doing it until a few pages back

It's as fast and simple as could be and it makes a significant difference.

For whoever isn't familiar with the long foot pegs it's these and several figures have them (Original T-800, DX10, DX13, Avengers Cap, TFA Cap, Roadblock, Zod, Storm Shadow.......a few others). A member here was even selling his own casting of these (I think it was ashklans maybe?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-M...7679?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e67393ff

It's as fast and simple as could be and it makes a significant difference.

For whoever isn't familiar with the long foot pegs it's these and several figures have them (Original T-800, DX10, DX13, Avengers Cap, TFA Cap, Roadblock, Zod, Storm Shadow.......a few others). A member here was even selling his own casting of these (I think it was ashklans maybe?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-M...7679?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e67393ff

Thanks I appreciate it

I just picked up one of these on ebay last night, took me long enough haha... anyway, I've seen people on here display both outfits/heads as two different figures... my question is, what exactly do I need besides the blank/naked body to do this myself? or is that all I need?

I just picked up one of these on ebay last night, took me long enough haha... anyway, I've seen people on here display both outfits/heads as two different figures... my question is, what exactly do I need besides the blank/naked body to do this myself? or is that all I need?

you'll need boots/pants/inside jacket if you want for the trench coat look

Back