Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't watch it on VHS.
Put the blu ray on, lol.

yeah Bluray and all :slap
th.jpg

It just looked like some dark colored.... thing to me.

That said, a bit of google image searching will show that it's a very dark green in the production shots. The reason HT turned it gray is because it was propbably the initial palette design that was given out to manufacturers as reference (most likely true since most of the concept art for Red Skull had him in light grey too).

It's not an overt thing. Keep an eye on the highlights. Not a lot of specularity on his tunic in the one scene he wears that suit, but the highlights are green.
As Red Skull's uniform is supposed to be green, you can see how they got there with that design.
All i can say is that i have 20/10 in one eye and 20/15 in the other and i see green.

Thanks for the reply Bar. I've seen one that is all black and has a leather-like material on the top half, but the style is identical. The one you linked has a threaded/woven look to it...hmm.

Thanks for the reply Bar. I've seen one that is all black and has a leather-like material on the top half, but the style is identical. The one you linked has a threaded/woven look to it...hmm.

His cap is woolen in the movie. Definitely cloth, as opposed to leather. Only the peak has specular highlights on it.
A black sharpie would remedy the colour.
Or something like these:

https://www.toyanxiety.com/leonmusikkorpsderwaffenvol1-hat.aspx

https://www.toyanxiety.com/tctwaffenserviceuniform-hat.aspx

I pulled the trigger! A local shop had this figure on sale for €169, which is a really good deal for a figure like this over here. So I ordered it this morning. I hope to get him later this week! :yess:

I pulled the trigger! A local shop had this figure on sale for €169, which is a really good deal for a figure like this over here. So I ordered it this morning. I hope to get him later this week! :yess:

Nice work!! I picked one up recently too, he is a very cool figure to have in your collection!!

Back