Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still don't see any serious rebuttals :dunno

Btw I'm waiting for my "The Art of Captain America" book, hope that there'll be some answers.

Where is it shown that his chest and shoulders are red? And even one millisecond of actual film footage trumps concept art.

At the end battle where he's just wearing the back button up shirt. The top is unbuttoned so you can see the collar and upper chest a bit.

And I watched the film again tonight and now I know why you guys were saying the color of of his suit wasn't dark enough. It looked almost black in the film if not black.

I'd rather have a normal skin tone though..

Hobby shop i PO'd at just promised to give a free cosbaby on top of guaranteed discount for Red Skull :yess: I'm all the more excited

At the end battle where he's just wearing the back button up shirt. The top is unbuttoned so you can see the collar and upper chest a bit.

I remember the scene now. Since a red head, normal body has been a defining characteristic of the character for over 70 years now and the film clearly shows normal wrists I'm going to go with that over unused concept art. I'm fine with the color of his head spreading across the tops of his shoulders a bit.

But you can interpret the film however you want and assume that he had flesh colored wrist guards or something to complete the disguise. They never even call him the Red Skull on film so if you like the idea of an all red dude you can make whatever rationalizations you want to make it so.

They never even call him the Red Skull on film

Not to be a not picky ass, (well, maybe a lil'), but they do call him it once

Or at least make reference to Hitler calling him the red skull

I think the line is 'the Red Skull has been indulged long enough'

But then, Hitler was never the nicest guy

Not to be a not picky ass, (well, maybe a lil'), but they do call him it once

Or at least make reference to Hitler calling him the red skull

I think the line is 'the Red Skull has been indulged long enough'

But then, Hitler was never the nicest guy

You're right! Somebody else mentioned that he was never called that by name and it kind of bummed me out. Thanks for the reminder! :duff

Here are the best pics of his chest/neck area I could find I. The movie:
61515620-4d56-34bc.jpg
61515620-4d6a-8847.jpg
61515620-4db6-ff36.jpg
61515620-4dc2-cb10.jpg

The HT head looks leagues better than the movie portrait imo. It's a shame that Red Skull wasn't fleshed out enough (pun intended) in the movie. If it had been any other villain, nobody would notice. What a waste of the character.

Last edited:
i agree. the HT Red SKull Portrait looks to have better detailing/wrinkles/creases than the actual on screen portrait. The on screen portrait look kind of smooth. Hopefully the only HT decides to change will be the color of the now green suit to a darker tone. But if/when I get this figure, I'm going to try and recreate the look from those pics above

Back