Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe in HK doubt US will see a release in june. We have yet to see any in hand pics from over seas sales. The sooner the better though im really excited for this figure

Its July over at Hot Toys Japan I wish I knew why Side show dose not keep their release schedule up to date.

July Japan August US that my guess and thats not taking in to account any further delays due to spilt shipments. Also up for shiping in July is the Gantry,Tron cycle and Nick Fury so how they are going to pull this off is beyond me.

Its July over at Hot Toys Japan I wish I knew why Side show dose not keep their release schedule up to date.

July Japan August US that my guess and thats not taking in to account any further delays due to spilt shipments. Also up for shiping in July is the Gantry,Tron cycle and Nick Fury so how they are going to pull this off is beyond me.

I think SS does it to get the payments from the Flex-Payers. If they have payments then there will be less blowback from people cancelling due to the penalties that comes with said cancelation.

Haven't you ever noticed that they conveniently take out payments right up until the final payment? They do this even if there has been verification that items have been delayed 2-3 months prior to the first payment being taken out.

Figure looks really good PERIOD.

Expect for the wrong color of the uniform which to this date I dont understand. Most of us don't care since the leather coat is so badass, but its strange for hot toys who pride themselves on accuracy would do this.

I would like to see a museum type display of the uniform and compare whether it is as off as it appears or if it has to do with the lighting in the film.

What I can really understand is why anyone would be bother for a "wrong uniform color" in a figure that will 100% sure be displayed with a long black raincot over it.

well its having hte choice that and its a simple thing to for them to fix , question is why they did it this way in the first place they must have had loads of this grey color they wanted to use up and save of costs

well its having hte choice that and its a simple thing to for them to fix , question is why they did it this way in the first place they must have had loads of this grey color they wanted to use up and save of costs

In the first wave of TFA concept art, Red Skull had that light gray color :monkey2

captain-america-the-first-avenger-concept-art-red-skull-01.jpg

Far more likely this is a legal thing. Germany and many European countries have laws against Nazi uniforms and regalia, and making reproductions of them even in miniature can be a sticky area.

Is anyone else considering building that kickass car from the movie? I have the square root of ____ all idea how I would even start, but that car would simply rock in 1/6th scale.

Far more likely this is a legal thing. Germany and many European countries have laws against Nazi uniforms and regalia, and making reproductions of them even in miniature can be a sticky area.

Yeah, but it aint a Nazi uniform, it's Hydra. I would have thought being fictional would make it exempt from such debates?

Yeah, but it aint a Nazi uniform, it's Hydra. I would have thought being fictional would make it exempt from such debates?

Depends on how strictly the law is applied and interpreted. I remember HT had to censor their Silken Floss figure from The Spirit. I'm no expert on this btw, just my guess. But from what I've read the Germans can get pretty touchy about it.

Not very likely at all. Most WWII era German officer's uniforms were in various gray shades. The movie accurate dark green would have been far less similar to most actual Nazi era uniforms.

It's far more likely that HT either flubbed the research a bit, or simply had a stockpile of gray to use up that they deemed "close enough"

Back