Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to influence you, but if you really like Captain America, then you would really enjoy Red Skull. He's Cap ultimate foil, his biggest villain, etc.

I don't want to influence you, but if you really like Captain America, then you would really enjoy Red Skull. He's Cap ultimate foil, his biggest villain, etc.

And Hugo Weaving did such a good job of making RS look cool. Before the movie, I knew little about him and was wondering, in the comics, why CA never just straight out kicked his ass. I never knew he was a super solider too. Now I'm digging the character.

I hope to see him in the future. Maybe in the Black Panther movie that could be coming out in 2014. Great way to have a CA cameo.

Both Cap & Red Skull's origins were altered in the movie, Red Skull the most. Then again, I suppose all they really did was merge all the various versions of both characters origins and stream line it. It can get confusing, lol. I honestly prefer the movie verse Marvel Studios is creating.

And Hugo Weaving did such a good job of making RS look cool. Before the movie, I knew little about him and was wondering, in the comics, why CA never just straight out kicked his ass. I never knew he was a super solider too. Now I'm digging the character.

I hope to see him in the future. Maybe in the Black Panther movie that could be coming out in 2014. Great way to have a CA cameo.

As I recall, Skull's mind was placed in a clone of the perfect Aryan body (Cap's) almost 20 years ago when John Byrne was writing the book. Shortly after he was exposed to his toxin which gave him the red skull. Prior to this it was just a mask (the toxin gave its victims a red skull-visage, much like Joker's venom gives people a smile).

As for kicking his ass, Cap did so on many occasions, but Skull was never a front line fighter or solo act like Green Goblin. He always was a mastermind with an army behind him, like a Bond villain. Cap's challenge was usually just getting through the henchmen, robots, monsters or whatever else was protecting the Skull.

My only issue with the movie Skull is that they took the Nazi out. Yeah, technically he was a Nazi, but in the comics he was a loyal dog, trying for decades to bring back not just the reich but Hitler himself. I understand the desire to scale back the Nazi thing for various reasons, but to have him actively turn against Hitler, it kinda puts us in a position of having to either root for the Skull or the Nazis.

Last edited:
As I recall, Skull's mind was placed in a clone of the perfect Aryan body (Cap's) almost 20 years ago when John Byrne was writing the book. Shortly after he was exposed to his toxin which gave him the red skull. Prior to this it was just a mask (the toxin gave its victims a red skull-visage, much like Joker's venom gives people a smile).

As for kicking his ass, Cap did so on many occasions, but Skull was never a front line fighter or solo act like Green Goblin. He always was a mastermind with an army behind him, like a Bond villain. Cap's challenge was usually just getting through the henchmen, robots, monsters or whatever else was protecting the Skull.

My only issue with the movie Skull is that they took the Nazi out. Yeah, technically he was a Nazi, but in the comics he was a loyal dog, trying for decades to bring back not just the reich but Hitler himself. I understand the desire to scale back the Nazi thing for various reasons, but to have him actively turn against Hitler, it kinda puts us in a position of having to either root for the Skull or the Nazis.

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

got my notice.....20 days....It's on like DONKEY KONG!!!!

Nice! My wife is picking up a figure for my 30th bday in July. She asked me which I wanted between Red Skull and Nick Fury.

I want both but I'm still debating. Red Skull is so tempting!

Nice! My wife is picking up a figure for my 30th bday in July. She asked me which I wanted between Red Skull and Nick Fury.

thats a hard choice man, if i were u i would also choose both :lol

:hi5: My girlfriend is buying me a figure for my birthday end of June, I'll definitely be choosing Red Skull. So much awesome in those two sculpts.

No contest for me. Red Skull all the way! Cooler costume, 2 headsculpts and generally a visually more interesting figure. Plus you get the tesseract too so you've already got it for the Avengers if needed.
I might be completely wrong cause you can never be sure but I think Fury will not sell out quickly, if at all so you might be able to pick him up for "cheap" later on.

:hi5: My girlfriend is buying me a figure for my birthday end of June, I'll definitely be choosing Red Skull. So much awesome in those two sculpts.

No contest for me. Red Skull all the way! Cooler costume, 2 headsculpts and generally a visually more interesting figure. Plus you get the tesseract too so you've already got it for the Avengers if needed.
I might be completely wrong cause you can never be sure but I think Fury will not sell out quickly, if at all so you might be able to pick him up for "cheap" later on.

:goodpost: :exactly: :wave

need to see some pics or news from hk first, and can't wait for OMG pics :drool

Back