Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think its the sculpt has changed but more that the production paint doesn't hold up.

Yeah, what he said. :)

hottoys008-3.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

nope.
red skull's neck adapter only fits him and his slim body by the looks of it. would be too lose on another head. if you're referring, to the rubber neck plug, it wont fit on the normal TT peg either. i'm having trouble fitting this set up to a TTA at the moment.

the only figure i had trouble porting out was ghost rider. the rubber neck plug was tiny and so was GR's neck peg on the stock body. which was a pain to transfer to another TT.

Thanks a lot for clarifying that fosing. :wave

Sculpt looks the same to me. Just different paint. Happens with every figure.

It appears that some of the fine detailing on the skin and hair has been lost. That would not be a deal-breaker for me, but I do see there is a definite difference. For instance, look at the scar on the right side of his forehead [our left], in the pix in your post. Its much more pronounced on the proto.

That said, this is still an awesome figure.

I agree. Even though the paint isn't as strong I still dig it. I ordered it today.
The scenario I have on this situation is this. We are getting two heads. To be honest, Red Skull is the primary with the Hugo head as an accessory. Some will have other plans but really that Red is dominate. HT is going to give the extra head lower paint app.

I doubt we are going to get a superior paint app for two heads.

Nah, you guys couldn't be more wrong... I'm looking at it right now and the paint on both heads looks just as good (if not slightly better than) the proto pics. No doubt about it. :yess::yess::yess::yess:

It appears that some of the fine detailing on the skin and hair has been lost. That would not be a deal-breaker for me, but I do see there is a definite difference. For instance, look at the scar on the right side of his forehead [our left], in the pix in your post. Its much more pronounced on the proto.

That said, this is still an awesome figure.

Lost eh?

RedSkullComparison.jpg

That was not the picture-set I had in mind when replying to someone else, but it will do. The fine lines on his face are just less prominent than on the proto, and while the paint is still very good, on the actual version it makes him look a bit older. The scar on the left side of the forehead - his right - appears to be gone. Proto's face appears narrower.

He still looks awesome and I'd own him in a second, just sayin'.

That was not the picture-set I had in mind when replying to someone else, but it will do. The fine lines on his face are just less prominent than on the proto, and while the paint is still very good, on the actual version it makes him look a bit older. The scar on the left side of the forehead - his right - appears to be gone. Proto's face appears narrower.

He still looks awesome and I'd own him in a second, just sayin'.

It's still there, only less noticeable since it's opposite the light source
(note: the "final" pic is inverted along the y-axis)

RedSkullComparison.jpg

i think i'm gonna get another red skull, this time in casual wear/suit. :yess:

I'll echo what Rory said about the coat being a bit of a nighmare, also getting the belt over the coat to clasp made me punch my neighbor.

:lol:rotfl
i assume you havent assembled an older HT predator. now, those can test your patience.

i think i'm gonna get another red skull, this time in casual wear/suit. :yess:

:lol:rotfl
i assume you havent assembled an older HT predator. now, those can test your patience.

All time worst IMO opinion was getting the second leg onto Alien3.
That was worse than 4 years in college.

..but, getting the coat onto Red Skull is up there!

:lol

All time worst IMO opinion was getting the second leg onto Alien3.
That was worse than 4 years in college.

..but, getting the coat onto Red Skull is up there!

:lol

dont remind me about doggy. heck, one of my xenos from aliens went airborne at one point. :lol

I'll echo what Rory said about the coat being a bit of a nighmare, also getting the belt over the coat to clasp made me punch my neighbor.

003-2.jpg

set up with caps box design brings this all together ..I'll use same but with reds hydra symbol box design too....epic......

Looking forward to getting this but dreading this coat

So far there've been a lot of stories that it's a pain, and i'm thinking i'll need my tweasers to feed the sleeves through the arms of the coat

Part of me wants to see what would happen if you put the trench coat on without the jacket on underneath, it just seems too bulky from what i've seen

I may get another jacket to try it out, i'd only need the collar off of it i guess...

Back