Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hottoys008-3.jpg

very cool smith dont think would use hs other then agent smith ..:clap:clap:clap

mine arrived....

What a mixed bag of a release.

The head sculpt looks a lot better inhand. The neck joint is a nightmare to change and the coat is almost impossible to get on over the uniform.
I bought 2, both the same, uniform/suit a bit better on one. So far I've had tweezers, pliers and superglue out.

Gah.

Not recommended.

Wow- what bothered me in pics was the poorly tailored oversized uniform..now this. HT is really worrying me on new Marvel releases....they just seem so- so and flawed. Perhaps all the A-list effort is going into the Batman line......

:wave
Hey man, hopefully it was just mine, but I doubt it. I worked out a good technique for doing it though, so if you run into any trouble let me know.

It looks great when its on! Took me about 45 minutes!
:slap

i thought the same technique with long sleeves would apply, bending the arm joint backwards first for easy access on one arm and !!@%%@# on the other. :lol

1-22.jpg

i love this hand, this crotch grabbing hand. lolz :yess:

noticed the neck plug on this is different from the old TT. man, i had a hard time porting out ghost rider to a narrow TT...but this too!?:gah::gah:

has there been an update that i'm not aware of? are they ditching out the old neck plugs and coming out with new ones? porting out this new heads has become a pain lately.
i know GR's neck peg is tiny, judging from the size of red skull's neck plug...that slim body too comes with a tiny neck peg. WTH.

So does this include a neck plug for each head, or just 1 neck plug that has to be switched out between the two?

Sallah

So does this include a neck plug for each head, or just 1 neck plug that has to be switched out between the two?

Sallah
you get hugo on the figure and red skull separate with neck plug in the box.

here's some comparison shots of this figures neck plugs/adapters.
DSC_2993.jpg

DSC_2994.jpg

is this gonna be a new trend? i thought GR was just one off with that tiny neck peg and tiny rubber neck plug/adapter.

DSC_2995.jpg

DSC_2996.jpg

compared to the regular TT neck plug. man, i thought i could try him out on a TTA with T.Becker's nazi outfit and see how he fits. :gah:

i'm thinking of sanding off that TT old TT neck adapter/plug. what would you do if you were in this predicament?

TFS the pics fosing. I am working on a bash for which I need a shorter neck adapter. Looking at these pics, don't think the Red Skull one will work with a normal TT, am I right?

nope.
red skull's neck adapter only fits him and his slim body by the looks of it. would be too lose on another head. if you're referring, to the rubber neck plug, it wont fit on the normal TT peg either. i'm having trouble fitting this set up to a TTA at the moment.

the only figure i had trouble porting out was ghost rider. the rubber neck plug was tiny and so was GR's neck peg on the stock body. which was a pain to transfer to another TT.

I can't wait for this to arrive at my LCS for me. Definitely one of my most wanted HT figures. I want this more than the Gantry I picked up yesterday,

Back