Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a buddy's house to check on mine, he put it together for me (I'm not very patient with these things). ____ty iPhone pic of course, but it is VERY impressive in person.

same set up as mine. :yess:

i've got cobra commander in casual attire. i'm getting another skull for that same purpose. using T.Becker's black suit/plain clothes edition. :lol

same set up as mine. :yess:

i've got cobra commander in casual attire. i'm getting another skull for that same purpose. using T.Becker's black suit/plain clothes edition. :lol

I've got a few things I wanna add to it (mostly badges and ribbons) but overall it is certainly one of the most kick-ass figs I own. I'll pick it up when it's completely done but it will fit nicely with Cap Am. I'll tell ya, seeing it in fully-accurate nazi uniform, especially for a WWII buff like me, is a bit surreal.

I've got a few things I wanna add to it (mostly badges and ribbons) but overall it is certainly one of the most kick-ass figs I own. I'll pick it up when it's completely done but it will fit nicely with Cap Am. I'll tell ya, seeing it in fully-accurate nazi uniform, especially for a WWII buff like me, is a bit surreal.

i dropped the badges, and ribbons on mine, just the black uniform and swastika.(although red skull as an SD[security service] would be fitting lolz)
i believe you have T. Becker's outfit on him as well. he came with a skull cane which is a great accessory.

No actually I bought an HH from 3R and had my buddy use the black uniform and boots plus the cap.

oh, thought that was t.becker's. :]
here's a quick pic on mine, still need some futzing.lolz
DSC_3021.jpg

DSC_3024.jpg

i'm using a TTA on this set up, bulk him up a bit. but, the neck adapter was a beeoutch to mod and port.
what body are you using on yours? red skull's stock body?

TTS, I believe. It's perfect in terms of proportions when all the clothes are on.

so red skull's stock body from the box? the stock body is a slim body but with a "little" neck post. gave me a hard time porting the head from that body. :]

wanted a narrow TT but reserved that one for my casual suit red skull. :]
and then another neck to mod.:gah:

Yeah, the necks are a b-i-t-c-h. The buddy had to take out the little ring inside the Skull sculpt, put the adapter in and then Dremel the hole so that it would fit the post of the TTS, which is bigger from what he told me. The stock body I kept on the regular Hydra uniform, as it came in the box. Not sure I will use the overcoat in my display.

Yeah, the necks are a b-i-t-c-h. The buddy had to take out the little ring inside the Skull sculpt, put the adapter in and then Dremel the hole so that it would fit the post of the TTS, which is bigger from what he told me. The stock body I kept on the regular Hydra uniform, as it came in the box. Not sure I will use the overcoat in my display.

ha, it is a PAIN. speaking of which i will have to deal with it again...for the love of skulls. :lol
just got another one...for the casual suit.
DSC_3025.jpg

will be porting into this
DSC_0005_6504.jpg

lucky to have a spare suit ready, as i ran out of Ruprecht sculpts. :lol

I got my Red Skull Monday night while I was at work.
Just had a chance to open it and look inside.
Very impressed in what I see.
Can't wait to put him together!

I just got my RS in today. AMAZING figure! Both sculpts are perfect. Packaging, accessories and outfits all tops! My 2nd favorite figure of the year so far. Just behind Keaton Bats.

Any tips on getting the final belt latched. I got the leather coat on w/o too much trouble, but if you can see in the pic (sorry, bad pic) I cant buckle the outside belt. I keep stretching and pushing it on, but it wont catch. I got it once, but the belt was off center, so when I tried to center it, it immediately unhooked.
Anyway, it is a great figure. My only disappointment is that they make you choose between the gun or the cube. I would like to pose him with the gun in his right hand and the cube in his left.

2012-07-17

Just got this & what an awesome figure but that coat & belt! They are never coming off! Didn't take that long to put coat on but I did find a way to make it a little easier. I took his hands off & tied ribbon to the bottom of his uniform sleeve then pulled it through the coat sleeve pulling arm through. Don't double knot it though. Pull it through slowly & it should come through without the ribbon slipping off. It only took a couple of tries to get it & the uniform doesn't bunch up in the coat sleeve. The belt actually took longer but the only way I got it too stay together was to use one side of tweezers and work the clip through the leather hole. Dont squeeze the tweezers on the buckle or you will scratch it. Hoe this helps.

It's been a good month, mine showed up today. He is very nice, but you don't get much for your money.
Phone pic.
imagessj.jpg

Any tips on getting the final belt latched. I got the leather coat on w/o too much trouble, but if you can see in the pic (sorry, bad pic) I cant buckle the outside belt. I keep stretching and pushing it on, but it wont catch. I got it once, but the belt was off center, so when I tried to center it, it immediately unhooked.
Anyway, it is a great figure. My only disappointment is that they make you choose between the gun or the cube. I would like to pose him with the gun in his right hand and the cube in his left.

2012-07-17

What happened to their neck? It looks like both of them got shrunk..

Back