Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did it just cutting or curving around the face? Have you used any special tools to do it? Thanks Bro!

I used my dremel motor tool with a sanding drum.
Started on the inside and worked outwards. The head is glues at the back of the mask and just over the forehead, so you need to hollow the face away till the glue is the only thing left. It's incredibly fine work, destroying the head from the inside out, but in a way that will not damage the mask at all.

some old pics of my red skull gang :)

Great. I've never seen the one holding the tesseract before.
What suit did you use for him?

Great. I've never seen the one holding the tesseract before.
What suit did you use for him?

Mainly DID/3R stuff.

The black undershirt was from an old DID Heinz Guderian figure.
The tie and the uniform from 3R, of course.
The jacket I believe is from DID Ralf?. I tried the one from Soldier Story Peiper but the jacket was not dark enough and a bit crappy.

Mainly DID/3R stuff.

The black undershirt was from an old DID Heinz Guderian figure.
The tie and the uniform from 3R, of course.
The jacket I believe is from DID Ralf?. I tried the one from Soldier Story Peiper but the jacket was not dark enough and a bit crappy.

Thanks. Always on the lookout for a decent trenchcoat.

Does anyone have screencaps of when he wore the grey uniform in the movie? I kept thinking he was wearing mostly black in the film, that or the grey was much darker, I don't recall.

Does anyone have screencaps of when he wore the grey uniform in the movie? I kept thinking he was wearing mostly black in the film, that or the grey was much darker, I don't recall.

It's a LOT darker than the HT version.
But i prefer the HT tunic and trousers colour. Simply because the tailoring is more evident than it might have been if the thing was as dark as it should have been.

Schmidt.jpg

Cool, thanks! Does he wear the black leather overcoat on top of the grey uniform on the figure? Or do you have to swap costumes? I'm curious to see if you can display both costumes separately with an extra body and maybe some new boots

Cool, thanks! Does he wear the black leather overcoat on top of the grey uniform on the figure? Or do you have to swap costumes? I'm curious to see if you can display both costumes separately with an extra body and maybe some new boots

I think he's *supposed* to be wearing the tunic and trews under the leather coat, but with a spare set of boots, you will never be able to tell he has nothing on undeneath...

The one on the right has nothing but boots undeneath his jacket, while the other two are both wearing full costume, even the Red Skull one in the middle at the back:

IMG_3948.jpg

Wow, yeah you're right, it's hardly discernible. Very nice! I'm actually thinking about getting him, SSC has a waitlist at $199 w/ $10 reward points but BBTS has it for $189 + however much their shipping is. I wonder if there are better deals since this hasn't sold out in so long?

Wow, yeah you're right, it's hardly discernible. Very nice! I'm actually thinking about getting him, SSC has a waitlist at $199 w/ $10 reward points but BBTS has it for $189 + however much their shipping is. I wonder if there are better deals since this hasn't sold out in so long?

You might be lucky with picking one up.
I am very surprised this one didn't sell out right away.
It was such great value for money.
And also, because i had a spare Red Skull head and Black overcoat(And only just realised that the one that was wearing the tunic/trousers under the overcoat was a total waste), i just put together another one, for ALL the variants in one go:

IMG_5259.jpg

Awesome set there!

Thanks. I bought a stack of Dam Toys bodies a few weeks back from Black Ops Toys(Great site guys in case anyone is unfamiliar with their wares, or if you need some parts from HT, sideshow, Dam Toys, Soldier Story etc).
It only occurred to me posting my previous post that could throw together a new Red Skull in five minutes.
Red Skull in the back with the overcoat and gun is wearing Nick Fury boots btw.

Whoa, he's on wait list? When did that happen? I saw he was still in stock like last week or so. I was planning on picking him up after Labor Day. Luckily I found him at DragonCon over the weekend.

Whoa, he's on wait list? When did that happen? I saw he was still in stock like last week or so. I was planning on picking him up after Labor Day. Luckily I found him at DragonCon over the weekend.

Just happened last week. Due to financial reasons I had to cancel my order with the hope of getting one in a month or so. The Next day he was gone.:mad:

I was looking at the parts/accessories, and noticed he had only right hands for holding the pistol and cube. Is he not able to hold both items at the same time?

A really great figure. Very underrated. Picked it up from BBTS recently and I think it is one of HT's best efforts. A lot of bang for your buck.

Awesome display Username!

Thanks. I probably have less investment in those entire four figures than most people who bought the Red Skull at retail.
All built from parts i picked up cheap or traded for.
And all on pattern bodies, not HT TT bodies.

Money well spent I'd say. Four figures for less then the retail cost of one. Very impressive!

Back