Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...I see this guy starting to disappear (gone from SSC at last)...so I got off my procrastinating rear-end and ordered him from BBTS...he'll be here this week...going back through he thread looking for tips and reactions (plus seeing all of the great photos of this one) and have found a few good pointers on how to handle things like the jacket and such.

We may bicker and get a little rude now and then in here (hey. I've had my moments too) but it's really great to have this community as a resource for enjoying these figures.

I'm really late to the party on this one,but with CA-FA being my favorite Marvel film, I didn't want this one to get away...especially since it looks like such an outstanding figure...look out Captain America....here comes Red Skull!

I'll see for myself this week and add some thoughts n' pics of my own...

BBTS had about 70 last I checked, but I think the best value for it is SSC since it's free shipping and you get $10 back to spend on whatever you want.

But it's not at SSC any more....I waited too long...that's why I went with BBTS (and I've had great experiences dealing with).

I installed some LEDS in to the Tesseract. Here's a link to the video. It starts with a Gambit figure but the Red Skull & Tesseract are at the 0:59 mark.
[ame]https://youtu.be/rXJSAYeVEAI[/ame]

Thanks but unfortunately no but it's not that hard. I purchased an extra cube then drilled out the center to as close the the sides as I could with a dremel & finished the rest with a fine grit sandpaper. I purchased the LEDs from this site, they have very good prices.

https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

I used one solid SMD Chip LED in blue which I taped to the hand & one Welding Kit set which are the top 3 LEDs. I ran it through the jacket & turned it on, I added some silver nail polish to the inside of the cube & that was it.

Thanks but unfortunately no but it's not that hard. I purchased an extra cube then drilled out the center to as close the the sides as I could with a dremel & finished the rest with a fine grit sandpaper. I purchased the LEDs from this site, they have very good prices.

https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

I used one solid SMD Chip LED in blue which I taped to the hand & one Welding Kit set which are the top 3 LEDs. I ran it through the jacket & turned it on, I added some silver nail polish to the inside of the cube & that was it.

Wow, well hopefully i can try it someday, really looks great.

I got my Captain yesterday.

Just got ths figure....a quick shot for now...

Right off the top....WOW! From the impeccable tailoring to the amazing sculpt of Hugo....what an amazing figure! And I haven't even looked at "Red" yet....

Gonna be lots of shots of this one. What a figure!

Anybody on the fence...get down off there and get this one! Glad I did....

Another shot for the night...

Last edited:
Does anyone have the 1/6 hat for Red Skull they'd want to sell?

I know I can grab it at Cotsworld but there's nothing I want/need for their $25 minimum purchase requirement :monkey4

Okay....got the black coat on over the uniform with a little effort. But...

I cannot get that belt buckle to stay fastened! Try as I might (and I've tried)...I think I've got it....and "pop"...it comes right open...won't stay closed. I'm afraid to force it and break the pin off....I'm open to suggestion here....thanks!

Just soared through some earlier posts for clues...some folks just stretched it at bit...guess I'll try that...but again, if anyone's got any tips...
Also...I've seem pics of him with the belt over the coat and some with the belt running through the loops...which is it?

Last edited:
Back